It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing a recent trend of NOOBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Am I crazy or is there an unusual number of NOOBS posting chart topping threads?
Like this
Now I'm not saying their trollers sent here or baiters, I'm just wondering how they know exactly what to say and how to say it to incite a riot here. I've been reading ATS for years and posting for about 1, and my technique could use alot of work.....but not theirs.
The example I gave above is just 1, but I've seen numerous threads like that. I know there would be a natural influx of readers and in turn posters after an event like this. I'm just making an observation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
A conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory on a conspiracy website....how cool.
I like that idea.

Dont see it myself

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

I dont see the issue with having a noob post a chart topping thread. If anything, it's getting new ideas, thoughts, and perspectives brought into our community... I actually applaud it, because I feel that all too often some of the veteran posters (who have their booties kissed by many on here) get the flags and stars just because of their name...

I say bring on the noobs

edit on 21-4-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
probably some are banned members who came back .

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It's possible that these 'chart topper noobs' are experienced posters from other forum sites. ATS isn't the only site with forums and discussion threads.

Just throwing that out there.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Oh I have no problem with new and fresh ideas, just making an observation.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Could be the tone of a millenial texting/posting generation emerging.
Many are finding their nerve and gumption through a virtual outlet as opposed to outward assertiveness expression in reality.
Confrontation and oppositional stances seem to be a bi-product of postmodern media driven culture. Or so it seems.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can see new comers posting a lot and im ok with it but i am not ok with the fact that this gore video of corpse gets posted several times over and over, and its against ATS tos.. i feel for you moderators you have to be so on your toes by now with this video, removing threads and banning people.

There were bunch of ATS members online and listened police scanner about the manhunt of Boston bombers, we got actual info in real time, and what i see being posted now from many newcomers is twisted renderings of of that evening without any prooves or lack of knowledge how things went that night. It was great work ATSers putting information out each second.. i only wish some newcomers would read that thread and not feed others with false information.

Shooting at MIT
edit on 21-4-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The specific post you mention has been rather common over the years on ATS. It always takes the form of " I have secret knowledge of X given to me by Y regarding Z." Another variant is, "I am a (alien, migrated soul, interdimensional being) and can give you answers to your deepest questions."

The reason why they get a lot of hits, in my opinion, is that people: immediately issue skeptical replies, play along with them, or are overly credulous in accepting what they say.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
to you, that poster is a noob.

to me and jhn7537 (ooh we share an ats birthday), you are a noob.

to sparrowstail, i'm a noob

to Toromos, we are all noobs.

s'all relative, and pretty much pointless

edit on 21-4-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2013 by skalla because: reading failure

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You link to one thread and it's a trend?

I've been on ATS for over 4yrs and what I notice is that when you first join you post A LOT. I use to post all the time when I joined. I made more threads then too but now I don't make any threads unless it has to do with cooking.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Wow ok, I was refering to the fact it was his 21 post so that was his first thread. And yes I did put I was relatively new , perspectivly. So thank you for the perspective refresher!

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This I said was one of many, and frankly I was just to lazy to dig back to find the others. I'm just wondering wow never mind guys and girls. You guys tend to pick apart everything using inferences that aren't even there, to attack people. Yet if someone does it in something you agree with its fact. I am now puzzled about how things get justified on here. I've seen some people on here who DO have a sense of decorum, but most do not. I didn't attack his thread OR his "facts". I simply stated it was his first thread and a chart topper. And that I had seen a few over the last few days.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Thank you for your directed, intelligent answer. That does make complete sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

More than likely some are previously banned members who sneaked back in as after such a news making event they couldn't contain themselves. When they hurry up to get their required 20 posts to be able to start their own threads and they are of the quality of someone who has been posting here for a long time it's pretty much almost a dead giveaway. That's a problem for the Mods and nothing we need concern ourselves with- just enjoy the nicely put together OPs and move on.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am a NOOB and I've never posted anything chart topping, but, I do try to follow some basic rules when posting, because I have been trolled, blasted, and made to feel pretty dumb in the past. I have learned a lot and I am very careful now to ensure that I post comments that meet the rules (there is always THAT one person who polices your threads) and I always try to post links, pictures, and a paragraph or two about my threads, (again, if I do not, I am reminded by someone). Oh and I always try to check my grammar and spelling.

I think of BTS as a "school" to learn. ATS is for the big kids. I am not ready to go there yet. I read ATS a lot. I just rarely comment because someone will blow me away every time. It gets disheartening.

My point is, I think we NOOBS are learning and learning well from the seasoned vets on here and doing a better job at meeting the rules regarding threads. When you follow the guidelines, it is really hard to have a thread closed or buried on here.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

damn it I read "Noticing a recent trend of BOOBS"
i shall see my self out disappointed

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Thats funny right there, next time I shall try not to disappoint.

top topics

join