It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
reply to post by opethPA

Police scanners? How did you know which one was shooting? It could have easily been that the boy did not fight back, and the police were doing all of the shooting.

And if you did hear the police screaming as if the boy was shooting at them, I wouldn't trust them very much. The biggest liars are the police. They will do anything to get what they want.

Then this is a sad state of affairs for you because the only people that could ever even begin to offer proof to you would have to be: 1) police officers with a vested interest in denying guilt; 2) a seriously injured terrorist with a vested interest in denying guilt; and 3) a dead terrorist. Given those options, you'll never have anything more than a he-said, he-said, and you will never be able to have an opinion one way or the other on what really happened.

I guess you could say you generally think terrorists are more credible than police officers, which is fine, but maybe you can just say that in a sentence instead of pretending like you have any external proof that the brothers are innocent.

I think most people are more credible than Police Officers.
I have had them lie about me- Watched them lie about others and honestly do not deal with them often enough that I should have experienced/witnessed these things.

The average Police Officer probably lies daily on official reports.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Well, things may would been better back in those days, because the revolution had just ended (I assume we're talking about the 1800s), and if the government tried pass laws that we see are trying to be passed today, the American people would've most certainly risen up against the government. But after years and years of conditioning, people are actually accepting these radical laws.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I hope any potential terrorist knows there will be a serious response to any similar situation.

THATS THE PRECEDENT

THIS IS HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME THEY ARE CHANGING THE DEFINITION OF THAT VERY WORD.

GD.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

I have had them lie about me- Watched them lie about others and honestly do not deal with them often enough that I should have experienced/witnessed these things.

Fair enough. I actually distrust police generally too. But I don't think a strong basis for any given belief is, "this is the opposite of whatever the police said." You need a little more than that to persuade me of something.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

Neither one of them is more credible than the other, because both are terrorists. Both only want to people to fear them, and both only want for everyone to do what they say.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Well, things may would been better back in those days, because the revolution had just ended (I assume we're talking about the 1800s), and if the government tried pass laws that we see are trying to be passed today, the American people would've most certainly risen up against the government. But after years and years of conditioning, people are actually accepting these radical laws.

-No, this went on after the Civil War.

And yes, read some of the Laws people were under (and accepted) - Contrary to popular belief, The Old West (up until the early 20th century) had insanely strict Firearm laws inside the City Limits. For example, Tombstone residence could not bear arms in the City. At all. They had to turn in their guns. Wyatt Earp was know for coming up behind anyone carrying a firearm and hitting them with a blackjack.

-When you actually take the time to read the laws and Statutes and actual "Justice System" we had back then, it was just as bad as what we have now (probably alot worse)- Its off topic but true. Even after the french/Indian War george Washington literally stole promised property (to Soldiers) all along the Ohio River Valley- This nation was forged on Corruption and has always been "for the elites"- There was just more freedom due to the fact we had lots of land and open space and problems with the "natives".

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Neither one of them is more credible than the other, because both are terrorists. Both only want to people to fear them, and both only want for everyone to do what they say.

Beyond the police, if you believe the brothers are innocent, you also have to believe the victim who had his legs blown off is lying about what he saw, since he is the one who visually ID'd them initially.

Do you think all Costco deli employees are lying terrorists?
edit on 21-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

Fair enough. I actually distrust police generally too. But I don't think a strong basis for any given belief is, "this is the opposite of whatever the police said." You need a little more than that to persuade me of something.

I agree, totally with your statement.
I am at the point of not knowing who to trust and really not trusting anyone in any official capacity (beyond family and certain friends)- Its all a big mind game out there. Even if these kids did exactly what they are being charged with (IDK) this will be spun and twisted to fit whatever agenda is decided upon.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oh no, there was certainly corruption back then. But it was much more local, you could pay off a sheriff here and there, a town or two might have strict gun laws, but for all of America to have strict gun laws back then? I just cannot imagine that happening.

Sorry mods, I understand this is off-topic, but I went off of the topic because I was two involved.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

ummm well, it seems they were looking for a possible 12 person sleeper cell.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Police believe Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were specially trained to carry out the devastating attack.

Of course it required UK news to report this

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Could you perhaps give me a video of one of the witnesses saying that their heads were about to be blown off? There's a reason for why the US judicial system still works, because in serious cases, they usually call in witnesses to say what they saw, right in the faces of the jury, unless of course it goes against one of the government's plans.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Could you perhaps give me a video of one of the witnesses saying that their heads were about to be blown off? There's a reason for why the US judicial system still works, because in serious cases, they usually call in witnesses to say what they saw, right in the faces of the jury, unless of course it goes against one of the government's plans.

Witnesses need to exist in order to call a witness. The only witnesses at a 1 a.m. police firefight are the police officers and the criminals. You told me you will not believe anything either group will ever say. If there was a lawsuit filed against the police, you would not be a good candidate to serve on the jury because you show an immediate bias toward anyone who could ever testify in the matter.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

And where did you get that from, local news? Official police report? Deny ignorance. Quite frankly I am tired of all the people here saying things, without any actual proof.

Yes, there was a shootout and they had the guy in cuffs and the younger one took off in the car. Perhaps in the media frenzy some of this stuff was overlooked. It took UK news to even find out they were looking for a 12 person sleeper cell in addition.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You know even if the govt is behind any of this or complicit in any way, it wouldn't stop authorities from killing suspects on the run and engaged in firefights with police. I mean even the govt used drones against Awlaki, an American citizen.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by redtic
I hope any potential terrorist knows there will be a serious response to any similar situation.

THATS THE PRECEDENT

THIS IS HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME THEY ARE CHANGING THE DEFINITION OF THAT VERY WORD.

GD.

The ones defending this action do not see the potential future implications.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Utter BS. Why do people post hyperbolic baseless threads? Do any of you people have jobs? Martial Law you say... har har, When a world renown event is terrorized, it's a good decision to keep folks inside.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ever hear of the Blue Code of Silence? In court, most police would lie to protect their own, and from what you're saying, it sounds like you'll believe them no matter what.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Witnesses need to exist in order to call a witness. The only witnesses at a 1 a.m. police firefight are the police officers and the criminals. You told me you will not believe anything either group will ever say. If there was a lawsuit filed against the police, you would not be a good candidate to serve on the jury because you show an immediate bias toward anyone who could ever testify in the matter.

-That pretty well sums u where I am at.

They could be 100% truthful (the Police) and I wouldnt believe them. The "Terrorist" could also be 100% truthful and I also wouldnt believe him.

-Truth is far too convoluted these days. Its really sad. No. I do not trust my Government nor the Police AT ALL to tell the truth (or at the very least not to twist the truth to their agenda and benefit)

-I think with all the video evidence and cameras everywhere- It would be quite easy to show what really happened- We KNOW it was filmed 100% from either Police cars or helicopters (the final gunfight was filmed from the Air and the Police shootout/chase should have been filmed from the cruisers)- So show us. That is the only way I could believe any of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ever hear of the Blue Code of Silence? In court, most police would lie to protect their own, and from what you're saying, it sounds like you'll believe them no matter what.

In the absence of any other evidence or testimony whatsoever, I have two options here: 1) to believe the police; or 2) to not have any opinion at all about what happened and to just keep saying, "I don't know what happened," without any further comment.

However, there's one thing that does corroborate the police account: there is lots of evidence that supports the belief that these particular brothers were violent terrorists. However, you're correct that this does not definitively prove they posed a lethal threat to police.

The one thing I cannot do is say I believe the suspects are innocent. Because there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that.

edit on 21-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

youtu.be...
Video showing police performing involuntary house-to-house raids in Watertown, MA. Who is terrorizing the people of Watertown? You people who say you would gladly have your home and person searched are coming along nicely. The rest of us will need a little more conditioning.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join