It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Last night in Boston, following the apprehension of a 19 year old student suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, crowds poured on to the streets of Watertown and surrounding boroughs, celebrating what they believe was an end of their terrible ordeal which began on Monday.

In what looked more like an post-game celebration following a Boston Celtics NBA championship, or a Red Sox World Series victory - major media reported the communal outpouring of national pride where resident could be seen with painted faces, brandishing American flags, and heard shouting “USA, USA

www.dailypaul.com...

I get the relief ot the manhunt ending, but what I don't get chanting USA,USA.

Given the fact no one knows if they have the right guy, they arrested a suspect,

They have no clue about the motivation behind the bombings.

In fact most people don't know anything, but that sure doesn't stop them chanting USA,USA!

What am I missing?

edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If this is the way city folk act over something like this, stay the hell away from cities if the worse case scenario ever happens, they have no hope.

+77 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They were celebrating the fact that they were able to leave their homes and walk the streets.

They were celebrating the fact that the authorities deemed it safe enough for the people to have their rights back.

They were chanting and shouting and thanking the people who took away their rights.

They were thanking the 9000 who forced them to stay at home and not work or go out or to travel.

They were thanking the ones who traded their freedom for security.

(If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm very disappointed in Boston and Watertown right now)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the videos i saw were of the masses chanting 'BPD'....boston police department......whole things sickens me.....9000+ against one 19 year old......that is like the US military defeating cuba.....and us celebrating the victory.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not the only one:

When fascism comes to America it with be displayed with a sign that says "shelter in place", with gleeful chants of USA,USA shouted at the tops of their voices.

That's just sad.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Basically Neo, it was like they were thanking TSA agents for the full body cavity search.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No idea, they're usually so reserved over there

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-4-2013 by DPrice because: edit

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
All I'm reading in this thread are ignorant comments.

You all know for a damn fact they're celebrating the fact the suspect was caught, not that they could finally get outside. Boston is no exclusion to crime as the big city it is, these people couldn't have cared less about some 19 year old on the run.

All of those police were there to assure the suspect was caught as soon as possible. It wasn't a 9000 vs. 1 battle, it was a 9000 vs. 1 hide and go seek, and by the area and the city it's in, that isn't even a lot of cops.
edit on 20-4-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well we all know the prophetic quote from the recent Starwars films:

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause".

Totalitarianism will be celebrated in the streets by all the useful idiots when it finally crystallizes into its final form in America.

This example is just a glimpse of whats to come.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is how people who don't own guns act. They must rely on others/the police/the government to go outback and check their shed to make sure there isn't a boogey man in it for them, while they hole up inside their house until they're told it's OK to come out.
People that live in rural areas find this kind of behavior amusing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

They were celebrating the fact that they were able to leave their homes and walk the streets.

They were celebrating the fact that the authorities deemed it safe enough for the people to have their rights back.

They were chanting and shouting and thanking the people who took away their rights.

They were thanking the 9000 who forced them to stay at home and not work or go out or to travel.

They were thanking the ones who traded their freedom for security.

(If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm very disappointed in Boston and Watertown right now)

Well said Beezzer

Can't add anything as I feel the exact same way.

Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wanted to comment on this, but you took the words right out of my mouth (so to speak)

Sad so very sad.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What you are missing,is a sense of ready closure. Unlike 9_11, there is someone to bring to trial .
And the sense of real justice being attainable.

Your mileage may vary.
M

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
reply to post by neo96

What you are missing,is a sense of ready closure. Unlike 9_11, there is someone to bring to trial .

Your mileage may vary.
M

You're comparing 9/11 to a few people being killed by a pressure cooker?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
reply to post by neo96

Your mileage may vary.
M

Comparing the Boston bombing to 9-11 is premature as previously stated no one knows the motivation behind it.

Yep opinions do vary with mileage.

+33 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It was cringeworthy and somewhat disturbing to see these people chanting after being holed up in their homes for hours and getting their homes searched informally. Chanting for 9000(+) fully trained officers from varying agencies who didn't actually find the 19 year old kid in the massive lockdown that occured. They may have arrested him, but they didn't find him.

When the Government want to roll something out in the UK, they will pilot it in a couple of small areas first to see how it works. This to me reminded me of that. They have piloted marshall law in the Boston area, and they have proven that it will work without much fuss at all from it's citizens and they will be cheered for their efforts, GO TEAM!

edit on 20-4-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
It was cringeworthy and somewhat disturbing to see these people chanting after being holed up in their homes for hours and getting their homes searched informally. Chanting for 9000(+) fully trained officers from varying agencies who didn't actually find the 19 year old kid in the massive lockdown that occured. They may have arrested him, but they didn't find him.

When the Government want to role something out in the UK, they will pilot it in a couple of small areas first. This to me reminded me of that. They have piloted marshall law in the Boston area, and they have proven that it will work without much fuss at all from it's citizens and they will be cheered for their efforts, GO TEAM!

Nah if they try that crap in the UK we'll just smash the place up again

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I hear you Neo.

That whole debacle felt like such a production, a drama, a key word, propaganda show...

I'm sorry. Just tired of my intelligence being offended.

They acted like that kid ran into that boat (not his boat mind you) rigged it w/ explosives waiting to go jihad on em.......

One of the cops in the press interview before they "apprehended" the "terrorist" said that a resident looked in the boat, saw a guy covered in blood and told authorities.. Yet, they dragged it out like the they guy was armed to the hilt.

But no... "We got the terrorist! We're all safe now, USA USA!, your allowed to come out of your house now ; ]

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So how would this have played out to your satisfaction ?
Armed citizens looking for the fugitive? "Stay back police
we just shot him...oh crap? Not him? Well we shot someone
who looked like him..now wait is that a black dude coming out of that
store with candy? What's he doing in this affluent neighborhood?
Ok we shot him too.... now... where's that extremely typical looking teenager?"
USA USA USA.. Better?

If it helps, pretend that it was a President Ron Paul
that gave the order. Amazing difference right?
edit on 20-4-2013 by sealing because: Lunacy

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Have you asked yourself; Why couldn't 9000(+) fully trained personnel with dogs, track an injured and bleeding 19 year old kid in a completely locked down area for 24 hours?

It's like one of those really bad "How many *insert something here* does it take to change a lightbulb" jokes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join