It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Boston celebrate Martial Law with chants of ‘USA, USA’?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

If the only way for the authorities to do their job is to deny the rights and freedoms of an entire cities population, then they are doing it wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I'll clear it all up for you, because you didn't ask yourself some basic questions. He was actually nearby the area where him and his brother got into the shootout with police, therefore making it easier and more likely for him to not leave much, if any trail of blood. To add to that they didn't even know he was shot, and with no trail of blood leading away from the area he left they figured he could have been on the run to get out of the city. Those 9000+ personnel were spread throughout the large city to not only search, but to protect in case he tried another attack. You're talking as if they were all together in a small neighborhood. Greater Boston is home to over 4 million people, and 9000 cops don't cover as much area as you'd think. Common sense man.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

They were celebrating the fact that they were able to leave their homes and walk the streets.

They were celebrating the fact that the authorities deemed it safe enough for the people to have their rights back.

They were chanting and shouting and thanking the people who took away their rights.

They were thanking the 9000 who forced them to stay at home and not work or go out or to travel.

They were thanking the ones who traded their freedom for security.

(If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm very disappointed in Boston and Watertown right now)

Oh, christ, don't be so dramatic. Tell me, what should they have done so the good people of Boston didn't have to "trade their freedom for security"? How would your solution to all this have played out? What I see here was an extraordinary response to an extraordinary situation - if this was happening on a daily basis, which it's not, then I'd be concerned. In the scenario that played out, no other innocents lost their lives and the suspect was caught alive - best possible outcome.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My sister moved around freely....even as close as Cambridge where she lives, so how was it Martial Law? The officials took precautions and people willfully complied for obvious reasons. I think there is other arguments regarding the response and tactics, but the city wasn't placed into Martial Law.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

My sister moved around freely....even as close as Cambridge where she lives, so how was it Martial Law?

Ask the person who wrote that article I just linked it.

My issue, and question was what was the deal chanting "USA,USA".

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I'm aware of the amount of people and the size of the area.

On the scanners and the update thread, there is record of officers with dogs finding blood that lead to nothing in the end, so they were aware of injury.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Its easy to make people weak, its not so easy to make them stand up.

We have a lot of weak people in this country that need to be slapped.

Ive never heard a victim cheer for their abusers.

....unless they really liked it.(wink)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Not being dramatic. Just pointing out some ugly truths.

This event has set a precedent.

It has set a standard.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by redtic

Not being dramatic. Just pointing out some ugly truths.

This event has set a precedent.

It has set a standard.

I sure hope it has. Again, I emphasize the word 'extraordinary', as in, it doesn't happen very often. But when it does, I hope any potential terrorist knows there will be a serious response to any similar situation.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

You said it, lead to nothing, as in the trail stopped at some point. So why are you asking why it took 24 hours? You had your own answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yay another one of these.

Martial Law was not declared nor was enforced.
A Shelter In Place request was sent.
Nothing has come out to indicate anyone was arrested for ignoring that SiP request.

Please though ignore the facts and believe ML was implemented.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Another person who labels it Martial Law when it wasn't!

Enough already. I wish people would stop elaborating and making up crap that isnt' true.

They asked people to stay inside, there was NO martial law!

Your title is MISLEADING AND UNTRUE!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know this is a conspiracy site and all and i understand there are questions unanswered but i hate how many act in a situation like this..Its a lose lose for law enforcement and the government.

I love America and although i dont agree with some of the government actions i do understand that there are many things that need to be kept from the public for security reasons..I would have no problem being asked to stay in doors unless its an emergency during a situation like this..Its so a man who is obviously desperate does not gain access to hostages..stay in your home and protect yourself for a short period of time..is that really so bad ? This is a great country..is it perfect ? No..I have so much freedom here to do as i please as long as i follow some simple laws..I can take the kids to the park and grab some ice cream as long as i dont act like an idiot.

If you have nothing to hide and follow the law then who cares about "big brother"..i dont see any cameras inside my home..and i am fine with cameras in public places and if you're up to no good then i can see why they would bother you but i am not so i wave to the camera and keep moving..I exercise my amendments and i enjoy life with my family and friends without whining about a bunch of spilled milk and petty laws..nobody is holding me down..i hate taxes and the situation of the welfare system but hey i cant have ALL things MY way.

For the most part this is a secure country and we dont have many situations like this and i dont feel i have been asked to give up my rights as a human being to achieve the secure-ish country..I am not saying dont ask questions when questions arise..i am just saying stop with all the jumping to say "our government is staging this scene to take our rights away" because you watch way to much TV..live your life and enjoy it and do it in a honest and good moral way and you have nothing to worry about..its that simple

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Another person who labels it Martial Law when it wasn't!

Enough already. I wish people would stop elaborating and making up crap that isnt' true.

They asked people to stay inside, there was NO martial law!

Your title is MISLEADING AND UNTRUE!

The title was copied and linked per ATS TC.

Have problem with that take it up with the DailyPaul.

As clearly written in the op the issue was chanting USA,USA.

Hell everything that was linked from that article was about that.
edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
My issue, and question was what was the deal chanting "USA,USA".

Because Boston is deeply patriotic and the attack on the city brought out that unity when the suspect was caught. They were proud and it also serves as a public display that "you may harm us, but you won't destroy us" mentality.

Like I said, we could question a lot of it, but I didn't see Martial Law implemented nor do I see the connection with the spontaneous patriotism displayed.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by Moshpet
reply to post by neo96

What you are missing,is a sense of ready closure. Unlike 9_11, there is someone to bring to trial .
And the sense of real justice being attainable.

Your mileage may vary.
M

You're comparing 9/11 to a few people being killed by a pressure cooker?

(Avoiding the obvious troll bait and just clarifying.)

What I am saying, is that unlike 9-11 we don't have a huge public gaping wound, with no ready sense of closure.

Do you not think for one moment that if there was a group of people we could reach in America clearly responsible for 9-11, we'd not used as many resources?

Both events were horrific and acts of terror, in this last case, we had everyone with a will to do so, looking for the bad guys. There was no big gaping void of being unable to help bring about justice. Everyone had an active exposure to the event, the looking for the bad guy and a lot more information to work with. (The General Public that is.)

Do I think it could have been coordinated a bit better? Yes.
Do I think a solid review of how everything was handled in the manhunt is in order? Yes.
Am I concerned about martial law being crammed down our throat? Not so much, I'm not uber paranoid like many I've seen of late.
Do I expect a lot of CCTV legislation being pushed soon? Yes.
The Government never lets a good crisis or disaster go to waste.

Do I think we should just roll over with out ensuring common sense and cooler heads prevail, in these matters? No.

M.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There seems to be no end to the trolls and america haters here, whom will use EVERY and ANY means of FALSEHOODS and Constitution dogmas to make american brothers hate and fight each other.

What martial law had been enacted? Where was the Executive Order? The america haters have no proofs of such, and thus their lies as usual. They don't EVEN know what a martial law truly is, judging by their couch potato american idol style comments. Alex Jones would be a billionaire if more of such tune into his shows by such likes.

Fact is, even if there was no request to the residents of Boston for lockdown, many would have stayed home if they had a choice - not to go to school or work or shopping, WHEN the info of a mad suicide bomber is released to them, somewhere in their vicinity. Human nature is survival first.

The authorities only made it easier for them, as it was a clear and present danger then, as the bomber had fired bullets and bombs onto the authorities chasing him, and had ran away hiding somewhere in the vicintiy.

Would the Bostonians take chances? If they had a choice, they would and stayed home till the madman was apprehended or at least the authorities had tried their best to search a needle in a haystack effort. Even if martial law as enacted, it was only for a good cause - to save innocent citizens, as there was a CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER, of a mad bomber and armed on the loose.

But the constitution fundies and american haters will try everything to denigrate the courage, wisdom and support Bostonians and the security had shown, but to instead nitpick on them or even present lies or the mere disgruntled anti america few there as reality, which such realities are only utter lies.

May the more discerning knows better, for it seems ignorance is a prized and valued commodity by some who readily believes trolls, anti americanism and unwarranted Constitution fundamentalismists akin to religious fundamentalists. .

Fortunately, Bostonians are true patriots as their forefathers had been, and had chosen to stand side by side with the authorities in the presence of a CLEAR & PRESENT danger, and had successfully taken out the mad bomber within less than a day, which probably accounted for the angst and anger of the trolls, america haters and constitution fundies who offers NOTHING constructive to ensure the safety and capture of the bomber.

Applause to Bostonians and may they be the role model of american progress and evolution, and not those who hate america or the Constitution fundies whom will enjoy life in North Korea.
edit on 20-4-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
People sugar coating this event with the term "Shelter in Place" are forgetting one thing here.

The area was warrant-lessly searched "home to home" by Militarized Police, the Military (National Guard), and all the 3 Letter agencies, so on. This is really unprecedented, and rather alarming if you can see past the Media speak.

It was under a Military lock down. Military, in junction with local law enforcement. Military was controlling the show, thus Martial Law.

So yes, It's officially "Shelter in Place" but really temporary Martial Law.

You can call a cow a chicken, but it's still a cow.

Surreal. (Image includes an added on video game reference to a game (GTA) where the "military is called" if you gather enough "Wanted stars")

Really sad. But yeah, this is isn't Martial Law, when a Military Police has a solider pointing a gun through your window on American Soil, for just looking. On no it's "Shelter in Place" phewwww).

Why were they screaming "USA, USA" after having their rights ripped up .... Because society is being rapidly conditioned, is dumb-ed down, and can't see the "Cow" standing in front of them....

edit on 20-4-2013 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Because Boston is deeply patriotic and the attack on the city brought out that unity when the suspect was caught. They were proud and it also serves as a public display that "you may harm us, but you won't destroy us" mentality.

I can see chanting if it was a foreign attack, but no one knows at this point,

Hell I have never chanted USA ever.

Like I said, we could question a lot of it, but I didn't see Martial Law implemented nor do I see the connection with the spontaneous patriotism displayed.

I don't fault anyone calling martial law if someone has another term for when the government, and police forces, armed with "assault" weapons out numbered the civilian unarmed population on the streets feel free to enlighten me.

edit on 20-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join