It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presbyterians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Can anyone who is a Presbyterian or knows of it tell me what they think of the church. The holy spirit is urging me to join them. It is always good to hear personal experience.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I grew up in the Presbyterian Church. Overall, a great experience with some very wonderful people. It's no odder than most protestant churches. I was bit confused on why I had to write my own creed however. It's not required anywhere in the Bible.

Presbyterians seem to be more open and loving than many other churches. Less discrimination overall comparatively. Go with your feelings. They are a great church.

Presbyterian beliefs: www.presbyterianmission.org...
edit on 19-4-2013 by SinMaker because: Forgot to add link

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I grew up Presbyterian but to be honest the only difference I'm really aware between Presbyterian church and others is the governmental structure of the church or something like that. I loved my church growing up because the people were so loving and great. I fell away from my church when a new pastor came in and was far too left wing for me. Call me old fashion but when Al Gore is mentioned as much as Jesus in a sermon I'm going to be leaving.

Personally I don't understand the difference in all the different denominations so take anything I say with a grain of salt. IMO you can find a good church community in any denomination. I say if it feels right maybe you should consider it.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

interesting what you say about having to write a creed.I bet it is done when you are young and in touch with your personal Angel/Holy spirit. After a certain age you do not ever remember talking with them most of the time but they are always there through out your life. So even at a later age if you can still communicate your creed or goals to them and they will try to help you achieve.

is this even close to what they asked you to do?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Can anyone who is a Presbyterian or knows of it tell me what they think of the church. The holy spirit is urging me to join them. It is always good to hear personal experience.

If what you call the "Holy Spirit" is something that is spiritually driving you to act on something that does no harm to others, do it.

I may not share your path but anybody should recognize the path they should be on when they get there. And if you get there and you discover it was wrong, you at least gained a perspective that your deity(s) wanted you to have.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Presbyterians most likely have been infiltrated just like all other denominations...

The easiest way to bring down a house is to discredit it from within.

That is what these people have been doing to many religions since the beginning of time.

Virtually every denomination has been infiltrated.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati..."

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Fundamental Baptists, and a few Brethren, Pentecostals, some Wesleyans, Bible churches, Orthodox Presbyterian, some Brethren, and all Fundamental Bible colleges.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Real Conspiracy the Jesuit infiltration of Christianity

"...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Satan has infiltrated organized religion

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

edit on 19-4-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

To be honest with you i agree however i was told that one would be chosen out of all the rubble because they stand closer to the book and have been called and their spirits are shielding them until the day they are taken out of harms way.

The Jesuits are God's marines and will do his will. They are waiting for orders.
edit on 19-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Nice response but i know there are only two gates at the end and all paths do not go to the same gates.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

interesting what you say about having to write a creed.I bet it is done when you are young and in touch with your personal Angel/Holy spirit. After a certain age you do not ever remember talking with them most of the time but they are always there through out your life. So even at a later age if you can still communicate your creed or goals to them and they will try to help you achieve.

is this even close to what they asked you to do?

Well, I was young and did what was expected of me. However, I don't know what they required with the young adults or the elders. I'm not certain or believe at all that a person is expected to stick to a creed. It's an exercise in your devotion to God. Nothing spooky here.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Gary North wrote a book about the Presbyterian Church.

I have not read it but it appears to be a well received book.

Gary North here accomplishes what no one else has even attempted: a thorough look at how the liberals took over the most prominent Mainline denomination.

This is the only book which fully descrbes how a once Calvinist denomination came in the space of a few decades to represent the most liberal Arminianism theolgy ever expressed by a formerly orthodox church and as such, is a warning to every single orthodox church that is in the mainstream. If a church is willing to surrender orthodoxy for numbers, this is the inevitable result. By the way, The PCUSA has been on a steady decline since the 1920's and loses more members every year. The epitath of a once vital church. Resquiat in pace.

How the Liberals Captured the Presbyterian Church

HOW THE LIBERALS CAPTURED THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (PDF)

Enter Gary North, the controversial reconstuctionist author. If you really want to know what happened to Northern Presbyterianism (and Princeton Seminary), Gary North's chronicle is the work to consult for a detailed account. He looks behind the scenes to find out what liberal Presbyterians were doing to deliberately undermine the theological standards of the church.

North analyzes the weaknesses of the Old School Presbyterians to see why they lost the battle for the church. North also demonstrates how struggles within the Presbyterian church were part of the larger culture wars for American society from the mid-1800s to the mid-1900s.

Broken Vows, Crossed Fingers, and Subversion

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

The Jesuits are God's marines and will do his will. They are waiting for orders.

They are called "the Men from Below" for a good reason...

Jesuits infiltrate, and thereby seek to destroy, Protestant denominations and churches.

Jesuit's make Himmler’s SS appear like a Sunday school.

“ If ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in hell, it is this Society of [Ignatius de] Loyola.” – John Adams ( 2nd President of the United States)

“The Jesuits…are a secret society – a sort of Masonic order – with superadded features of revolting odiousness, and a thousand times more dangerous.” – Samuel Morse

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Real Conspiracy the Jesuit infiltration of Christianity

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

My suggestion is to go to a nondenominational church.

It seems odd to me that the Holy Spirit would urge you to go to a church that denies the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Everything is odd these days but it is what it is. They all have been told by the holy spirit when they were young that the Presbyterians would be raptured. They were also told that if they spread this message they would perish before his return because no one would believe that they can talk to angels regularly If anyone wants to get out of here alive they will go and check out that church. Your life will change. My heart has no doubt about your education level in these matters but some things you have to take on faith. The church will be restored.
Anyone that is reading this is being called. These are the days everyone has been waiting for.

Hey don't take my word for it go ask a young child with sincerity about the holy spirit and if you ask right and if your are not being led by your non holy angel through life then you will get your answers.

Ask your holy spirit to go and seek counsel with many of the protective Holy spirits of the Presbyterian church and you will gain knowledge of what i speak.
edit on 20-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

There is only one Holy Spirit. He is a he not a them. When Christ and the NT authors spoke of the Holy Spirit they used the definite article "hu" when writing about Him. The significance of the definite article in Greek signifies a specific thing/person which is unique and different from any and all others.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Nice response but i know there are only two gates at the end and all paths do not go to the same gates.

I wasn't suggesting that you should leave your Christian pantheon if this Presbyterian thing doesn't work out. I just meant that, if it doesn't work out, your time wasn't wasted as you still learned a different perspective on your god.

Are you saying that some Christian denominations won't get you into your heaven?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Are you saying that some Christian denominations won't get you into your heaven?
reply to post by Cuervo

That church will be the church and members will be taken out of harms way and the rest will be killed during the coming battles. If they refuse the mark of the b east then they will join the church in a new life after the battle.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes they are united as one and can be viewed as one. Jesus left them in charge and went on a great journey.

Sometimes when faced with the truth great worldly intellect can be a barrier.

Just ask your spirit to guide you to truths of the spirit and he will.
edit on 20-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The angels that guide us will incarnate with us in the restored kingdom and that is why Jesus wants a church that resembles what the Angels do now. Right now when you are young they try to work out with you a good life and they are there to convey our prayers to GOD among other things. This is why the rcc uses confessionals and tried to say that a priest needs to hear it the only problem with that is that the priest report to the one below and not GOD. It went to their heads and they are not communicating your confessions to the Holy spirit as they should. However the restored church will have certain aspects that are found in the rcc and the Presbyterians. Just remember who set up the rcc in the first place.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OP, you sound like you are more Roman Catholic/New Age. I would suggest a Universalist Church for you. Your convictions don't fit Presbyterian. My comment is only based on what you wrote and I mean no disrespect.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I hear what you are saying but the rcc is just too far gone. soon many will be called out of her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join