It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America to allow gay youth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh isn't this what they have been waiting for. Impressionable young people.

When I was young I had some boy try to get me to have sex with them. I said it was disgusting and he stopped. Now if that was today we'd probably have accepted it and gone ahead because we are told it's 'normal'.

But..... he didn't and we are both normal heterosexual persons with a wife and a family.

Conclusion. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and once accepted as 'normal' more will try it and think they are homosexual and be drawn into a lifestyle they never intended.

Another case. One I worked with was a homosexual that decided to change sex instead and was wearing dresses at home. He was alo on drugs, not surprisingly. Nice guy. I invited him home a few times for dinner.

He changed his life and now has a family of his own (wife and kids). Why did he change? He told me this...

" I saw what a real relationship and a real family looked like and I decided I wanted that than the lie I was living"...

(but of course we all know these people are born like that and cannot choose right?
)

Feel free to comment but I'm making a statement, I'm not getting into a debate about what I know and have experienced.

edit on 19-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My working theory is that the "Gay" thing is a natural way nature uses to control population but...It's just a loose theory.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If they are gonna do this they should change the name to Uni Scouts of America.

Actually the founder of Boy Scouts was heavily into honor and service of country and god for all the right moral reasons.. I'm sure he's turning over in his grave.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

do you really think you could learn to like some guys salami slapping your face ? really ?

as for your friend who was gay and now is not , sounds more like he is bi sexual , than having a magical revelation of wife and kids .

I know a few gay and lesbian people , they find sex with the opposite sex just as disgusting as I do as dome dudes business in my face .

It is not a choice they are born that way , just like how I was born to not wanting some dude over my shoulder breathing in my ear .

kids have a right to be like anyone else they are just kids lets move out of the stone age. this sounds like a phony story sorry op but it does
edit on 19/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Regardless of your stance on "gay rights" this is completely in conflict with the Boy Scout charter. I think they will find, as much as the rest of the nation will that parents don't send there sons off to the Boy Scouts to experience possible intimate sexual opportunities and exposure.

If you wan't some perspective, statistics and a more detailed opinion you can see this thread were it was all already covered quite completely.

I have 4 boys, none of which will be attending the Boy Scouts.

Gay Boy Scout Disccusion
edit on 19-4-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How can a "youth" be gay

Maybe a teenager, but not 7 or 8 year olds

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Oh isn't this what they have been waiting for. Impressionable young people.

Well first off, being a youth organization the Boy Scouts should have nothing to do with sexuality and therefore kids of any sexual orientation should be permitted. It's not the role of a youth organization to shame children and promote any form of hatred, prejudice or bigotry.

When I was young I had some boy try to get me to have sex with them. I said it was disgusting and he stopped. Now if that was today we'd probably have accepted it and gone ahead because we are told it's 'normal'.

But..... he didn't and we are both normal heterosexual persons with a wife and a family.

Allow me to share my own anecdote; when I was young I had a crush on my best friend who was also a guy. After I dropped a ton of hints he told me he was interested in experimenting. I'll leave out the details to spare your delicate sensibilities but in the middle of the act we stopped because he wasn't enjoying it. He is now a "normal heterosexual" and I'm a homo until proven otherwise.

I would assert that since you felt a sense of disgust at the thought that you would not have enjoyed it even if you had given it a shot and thus you could not have learned to be homosexual. Your friend on the other hand might be more sexually fluid than yourself (possibly bisexual) and might have enjoyed it, or he may have been like my friend who turned out to be no more than a curious heterosexual.

Conclusion. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and once accepted as 'normal' more will try it and think they are homosexual and be drawn into a lifestyle they never intended.

Your conclusion is based on a very small sample of the population. In my slightly-more-informed opinion, homosexuality can only be "learned" by those who are predisposed toward it in some way, whether they be sexually fluid, genetically or hormonally different or transgender.

I know plenty of heterosexuals who are totally comfortable with the idea of homosexuality but state that they simply do not wish to engage in it themselves, because it never occurred to them to try it, or they tried once and didn't enjoy it. Some people aren't gay; get over it.

Another case. One I worked with was a homosexual that decided to change sex instead and was wearing dresses at home. He was alo on drugs, not surprisingly. Nice guy. I invited him home a few times for dinner.

He changed his life and now has a family of his own (wife and kids). Why did he change? He told me this...

" I saw what a real relationship and a real family looked like and I decided I wanted that than the lie I was living"...

Seems like he was a straight transvestite and that caused him to be confused about his sexuality and gender identity, but ultimately discovered what he really wanted. Good for him. I hope he didn't have to sacrifice too much to make his marriage work, some women aren't very understanding when it comes to crossdressing.

(but of course we all know these people are born like that and cannot choose right?
)

You know, I actually kind of agree with your sarcastic remark on some level... While I do believe some people are "born this way" (or develop into it or whatever, any case where one has no choice regarding ther attractions), I also believe that some do choose to be gay (bisexuals who shun the opposite sex and identify as gay for instance).

It sometimes feels like the whole "born this way" idea is kinda robbing us of the freedom to choose to identify ourselves however we see fit. And why do we have to be born this way for it to be okay? Are we not allowed to decide for ourselves what is right?

Inherent sexuality or chosen sexuality...born gay or turned gay...what does it even matter? Butt out of other peoples sex lives and let them make their own decisions!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Good. It's about time. Denying gay children is tantamount to denying children that are left handed.

They're all human.

You would do well to refrain from spreading narrow-minded, disgraceful, bigotry. Why promote division and false ideology, in a world screaming for unity and enlightenment?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe the Boy Scouts can institute some sort of gay conversion therapy to help these poor kids.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ca see a kid writing left hand at wee years..

but a kid being homsexual at wee years?

Thats whats wrong with society, the opposite of closed-mindedness: sheer pride in hypersexuality and kids fornicating with whatever sex barely into their teens, if not before.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Some boys are quite effeminate at a young age and though they've never had any sort of sexual contact, they are still evidently gay. These are the sort of children who would be discriminated against by groups such as the boy scouts.

If anyone thinks such a child should be ashamed of who he is, then you are a morally repugnant human being and you may, if you wish, perform coitis with yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by tropic

Some boys are quite effeminate at a young age and though they've never had any sort of sexual contact, they are still evidently gay. These are the sort of children who would be discriminated against by groups such as the boy scouts.

If anyone thinks such a child should be ashamed of who he is, then you are a morally repugnant human being and you may, if you wish, perform coitis with yourself.

Star and Applause!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think that's sad honestly. I have nothing against the gays but I do think they should have just made their own group for young men not ramrod their way into one whose long moral standings are against their life style.

I'm really freaking tired of people gay, straight, pill popping, therapy whiners... what have you making everyone bend to their will. The gay community can do what they want they can create their own memories do them to THEIR standards but stop taking things away from others. There is nothing stopping them from putting together their own group with like minded individuals but that's not the point is it.

And damn it I really wish people would quit bending over for others. No one has a backbone anymore, disgusting.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

You're suggesting that innocent children(gay children) are interjecting some sort of conspiratorial agenda.

SHAMEFUL

To paraphrase an old adage - Sincere Ignorance breeds Conscientious Stupidity.

That's all.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's Boy Scouts.
Not Bi Scouts
Maybe they will have to adjust the name.

Young boy scouts aren't supposed to be thinking of the opposite sex yet....Camping, fishing, canoeing, etc... Now they are interacting them with boys thinking about sexual preference. Throw gas on the flame instead of water.
edit on 19-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No news source given, and this seems to be more of a discussion about homosexuality itself than the political aspects of it, so I'm moving this from Breaking Political News to Social Issues.

As always, if anyone disagrees, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I grew up in an era where gay was semi-accepted. Gays were fighting for their rights, which I believe they are lawfully obligated to just as any other man or woman.

I have had on more than one occasion a man hit on me, even a best friend kiss me. I simply stated, look i'm sorry I'm not attracted to you. Accepted or not, if you are not gay you are not gay, if you are gay you are gay.

I don't see any reason to dislike this glorious step forward for humanity. I work with a guy who is openly gay, it doesn't bother me. I know he is gay, he knows I'm straight that's just that.

Having acceptance of gays into the scouts is not presenting an opportunity to turn others gay, but rather having an environment for people to be true to themselves.

I say good for them, both the scouts and the gay community. This is a tremendous achievement for both sides.

Welcome to the human race, Scouts!!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I predict that more than one gay scout will get seriously hazed (ie at summer camp) by his more normal scout troopers.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog81

No i'm suggesting that their parents are as well as the gay community.

I believe that if these poor gay kids understood just how unwanted they were by a good majority of the scouts they wouldn't want to be there. I think it's sad that their parents and the gay community push it on them when instead they could get together and start a place of their own, where they would not have to worry about being accepted by others.

There are quite a few scouts leaders and children who aren't bothered by gays at all but there are more who are and you know what....they are entitled to feel however they feel, everyone is entitled to their own opinions wihthout having to feel bad about them or apologize or make amends and change unless of course that is their choice. but we all know that the boy scouts were pushed into this and that's just wrong.

Little kids want more than anything to be accepted why would you want to put them in a place they aren't? That's more harmful to them in my opinion.

edit on 19-4-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

do you really think you could learn to like some guys salami slapping your face ? really ?

as for your friend who was gay and now is not , sounds more like he is bi sexual , than having a magical revelation of wife and kids .

I know a few gay and lesbian people , they find sex with the opposite sex just as disgusting as I do as dome dudes business in my face .

It is not a choice they are born that way , just like how I was born to not wanting some dude over my shoulder breathing in my ear .

kids have a right to be like anyone else they are just kids lets move out of the stone age. this sounds like a phony story sorry op but it does
edit on 19/4/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

I agree 100% with your statements about being born that way and taking care to distinguish between gay and bi-sexual. I am a woman and could not in any way be with another woman sexually, and a man born gay reports those feelings about being with a woman. Those self reports provide empirical evidence of a distinction. It's not a lifestyle choice or character defect. Boy Scouts will turn a child gay just because a young boy is exposed to it - its not like the flu. Are troop leaders there with their wives modeling the nuclear family lifestyle? Modeling starts at home and it isnt the boy scout leaders job to model boy/girl relationships. It's my understanding as long as the troop leaders are not pedaphiles and supervise to a reasonable extent the kids get to socialize, camp, etc. . It's an activity for crying out loud. If a boy isn't gay already he isn't going to learn to be gay by having gay peers!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join