It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolf Harris arrested in sex abuse inquiry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I never said it was just related to kids, I said "nonce kids, or be some sexual pervert. "

I stated both cases.

In either case, I will believe his innocence until proven otherwise.
Well I apologised before I even started

But it's easy to destroy a fellows career just by media hype or mis-reading something that was written.

Yewtree has been extended way beyond the savile case now but because his name was used people will always presume it's kiddie related.

Nothing against you personally.

Just wonder why, if it is totally unrelated, as said so by the police, the media has to report it as "The savile police"... just seems unfair.

But if he IS guilty, string him up with the rest.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's one of the things that bugged me about the Savile case... to me at the time it just seemed like people trying to grab the limelight and make up stories.

All the charity work and good stuff he did, especially for kids, was to be flushed down the toilet just because some people claimed he did some inappropriate things.

OK, in Saviles case it is looking more and more likely that he was guilty of some of it...but the other people who are getting dragged down with him, Harris, Starr, Davidson..to name a few, everything they have ever done in life that was good, the laughs they brought us, all gone to waste, guilty or innocent, it will stick.

I'm just waiting for them to arrest Bruce Forsythe, that will really put the nail in.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

"kiddie fiddler!!" ??? What's that then?
You mean child abuser/molester/rapist?
If you think it's ok for an adult to view a kid as "sexy in their uniform" or give them a "pat on the bum" as the the norm you need help mate.
Children who are abused are damaged mentally from that kind of treatment & behaviour. Fact!
kiddie fidlers as you put it are are committing terible criminal acts of abuse on a child & there isn't any other way of looking at it.
Being a parent if anyone abused my child I could never think of the abuser as a "kiddie fiddler".
I hope Rolf is innocent BTW.
edit on 20-4-2013 by supamoto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

I was shocked too when I read it on the news. Have to take a wait and see approach on this one but for me, for the moment, I won't be humming or singing the tune: Tie me kangaroo down sport

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto

"kiddie fiddler!!" ??? What's that then?
You mean child abuser/molester/rapist?
If you think it's ok for an adult to view a kid as "sexy in their uniform" or give them a "pat on the bum" as the the norm you need help mate.
Children who are abused are damaged mentally from that kind of treatment & behaviour. Fact!
kiddie fidlers as you put it are are committing terible criminal acts of abuse on a child & there isn't any other way of looking at it.
Being a parent if anyone abused my child I could never think of the abuser as a "kiddie fiddler".
I hope Rolf is innocent BTW.

LOL oh dear, not sure I should should justify this with a response....

Re-read what I said

I said girl... NOT child, as in adult girl/woman, in the workplace in her work uniform, not school uniform you sicko, you were the one who brought kids into it, perhaps you have the problem?

This is a classic example of hysteria and proves my point.... mention the name savile and people go off on a wobbly.
edit on 20-4-2013 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Mayhap he accidentally stuck his big wrinkly toe somewhere during rehersals...

I had a fairly creepy uncle when I was a kid, even my primary school headmaster was a bit creepy and could be construed by todays standards as innapropriate at times but you couldn't go so far as calling it abuse by any stretch of the imagination, just a bit touchy feely. We did have an out and out nonce in senior school though who got rumbled and given the boot fairly swiftly.

The only remotely creepy thing I can tag on Rolf is that he seemed a bit too interested in animal guts.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

There isn't anything in my post to imply I'm a "sicko".
What's an adult girl then?
In the context of this post a girl is a child & a young woman/person is just that not an "adult girl" if that's what you mean.
Still your attitude is wrong because there are laws in the work place to protect women from what you see as acceptable behaviour.
So you have the problem/s not I.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Been known for a while now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Does anyone have any thoughts on what time in Rolf's life that these allegations may have come from?

His lust for fame drove his wife to the brink of suicide. So why is Rolf Harris STILL chasing the limelight?
By TANYA GOLD
Last updated at 11:05 03 January 2008

Comments (0)
Rolf Harris is barking. Literally. At me. 'Woof, woof!' Has Britain's bestloved children's entertainer spent too much time in the Animal Hospital? Can he be brought back? Yes.
"I'd do anything for attention when I was a child," he says. "I barked at people. I was very annoying. Woof."
He has had the most fascinating career in British TV. From his debut with Fuzz the puppet in 1952 to sobbing over dying cats during the 19th series of Animal Hospital, Rolf's had more reincarnations than Madonna.
Of course, he does have his detractors; the critic A. A. Gill, for example, who wrote: "Rolf Harris is a hard man to hate, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try."
Scroll down for more

People's polymath: Rolf Harris at 77
So what's at the heart of the Wizard of Aus? He ambles in and kisses my hand. "I wore a smart suit to try to impress you," he says, gravely. He is 77, though he looks ageless. He is tall and more handsome in the flesh than on TV.
Rolf grew up in Australia in the Thirties, the son of working-class Welsh migrants. "I was not a typical Australian,' he says. 'Everything I liked - painting, singing - was different."
The seeds of Rolf the entertainer were there, waiting to flower into wobbleboards and wizardry. "I played Waltzing Matilda on my accordion to anyone who would listen,' he says. 'I would do anything for praise."
By 1952, after a brief spell working in an asbestos mine, he fled to Britain. He survived the long sea voyage by busking and had an experience in Paris he has never shared on CBBC: some fellow travellers dragged him into a brothel.
"The woman said: 'Would you like to stay and make some love with the young ladies?'" he says. "I just wanted to get out of there."
Arriving in London, the young Rolf smashed into the class system. "When I landed in Britain, I realised the world was divided by class and I came from the bottom one," he says. "The English accent made me feel as though I was a peasant tugging at the forelock."
In Australia, Rolf had been an artistic prodigy and champion swimmer, but in England he was no one.
Art is his passion; when he speaks about it, he looks intensely serious and his voice drops to a whisper. "I am an artist above all," he says.

Rolf with his wife Alwen
Rolf met his wife, Alwen, a Welsh-born sculptress and jeweller, at the Royal Academy of Arts, where they were both exhibiting paintings. They married in 1958, with a dog as a bridesmaid.
He says he saw a kindred spirit in Alwen's shyness, because underneath his performance persona, Rolf insists he is quiet, too.
"I'm shy and I make a lot of noise to cover it up," he says. "I come through the door and think: 'What am I going to say? What am I going to do?' And the noise covers it up."
And it's at this point that the dark heart of Rolf pops out. He tells me his workaholism and desire for praise almost destroyed his family.
Rolf was offered his own show in Australia, and after dragging his new wife over there, he basically abandoned her.
Rolf hit the big time in 1959 with Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport, but as he thrived, his wife wilted. Stuck in strange country, she contemplated suicide, and her husband didn't even know how she felt.
It wasn't until 30 years later that Rolf found her diary in a pile of rubbish.
"I feel like killing myself, I am so bored," she had written. "My days are filled with such emptiness. Please take me away from here."
Rolf says she never said a word, but as he tells this story, he looks devastated. "I was so absorbed in my own career and trying to impress people that I had forgotten about Alwen. I had assumed that what made me happy made her happy."
The ticking bomb in his marriage didn't go off, he says, until the Eighties. As he was walking down the street with his daughter, Bindi - now 43 and also an artist - he did what comes naturally. He signed an autograph.
Bindi turned to him and said: "Do you know that you pay more attention to any child who stops you in the street than you do to me? You give them more time and your attention. Why didn't I ever have that?"
Again, he looks devastated. "It was a huge shock, because you realise the truth of it," he says.
"So you have to try to redress that. We never talked about anything important in my family. It seemed so hard."
But when his wife and daughter confronted him, what did he do? "I made a contract with them," he says. "I promised that I would put a bubble around myself - not of invisibility, but of self-containment.
"Today, when I am out with my family, I don't meet people's eyes, because then they won't stop you to talk."
He finds it hard. But Alwen couldn't leave him. "We never thought of separating," he says, looking shocked. "Never."

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
good grief.... not rolf.. to be honest i get the feeling of some social engineering is going on here now and may be just going a little too far.....

...... these men were of a different time....when to look at or see a young adult female was seemingly ok..maybe..and just maybe.. too look at a young woman or be attracted to her emotionally or sexually is deemed unacceptable and just a 20th to 21st century phenomena.... in days gone by and look at the history books please... marriage and child birth would begin in the western world as early for a female of at least 12 years of age....
i do not and never will condone this behavior but it happened...... as to my fathers generation..well he can look at a young lassie of around 14 yrs and go coooorr blimey look at her there... for me.. due to the positive or negative aspects of political correctness things have gone awry.... and i cant.. i have to look away and down as nearly every man does in this day and age.....

Sadly... one negative aspect of the PC brigade and their funny mental beliefs ( fundamental ) is that as a father of 3 young boys... i feel awkward hugging them in public and telling them i love them.. i cant look at a young lassie and comment how beautiful she is .... ( with no sexual innuendo's at all ) ......

For those like Rolf..Jim D. et al...... something just doesn't sit right... something is going on here that as yet we the public have not been given a true and honest perspective.....

For the time being i like many others with a few brain cells..will reserve judgement and treat the common press news as it needs to be...with immense sceptisism ... and hope that any legal proceedings will follow the law truthfully ..if they are guilty... hang them.. a nonce has no worth in this world ... if they are innocent then make the papers/media pay through their bloody nose's for character assassination BEFORE any legal trials....

Well i could go on and continue..but this is an abbreviated version of my thoughts and feelings and by no means makes clear my entire opinions on the Saville debacle nor any others that are being associated him even if by a very very thin strip......

This my friends is an abridged version of my thoughts and feelings...i hope you get what im trying to say ..if not...grow a brain and some common sense *grins*

peace and love to you all.....

Weaverre

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
Personally I'm over all of this sh1t.

For gods sake, stuff must be close to 20 years ago or maybe more.

If people haven't got over it then maybe it's time to.

There are statutes of limitations on many other areas, how about a 20 year statute of limitations on this too.

just my opinion. I think there might be many others who feel like this but are scared to say so just in case they get bagged out by the many sanctimonious heroes.

so to those who think my comments are so terrible, give it your best shot

What's happens when a sex offender doesn't get caught?
They keep on offending, or could do at the very least.
So yeah, why not just forget about it because its twenty years down the line.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by greatfriendbadfoe
Personally I'm over all of this sh1t.

For gods sake, stuff must be close to 20 years ago or maybe more.

If people haven't got over it then maybe it's time to.

There are statutes of limitations on many other areas, how about a 20 year statute of limitations on this too.

just my opinion. I think there might be many others who feel like this but are scared to say so just in case they get bagged out by the many sanctimonious heroes.

so to those who think my comments are so terrible, give it your best shot

What's happens when a sex offender doesn't get caught?
They keep on offending, or could do at the very least.
So yeah, why not just forget about it because its twenty years down the line.

or could do? thats exactly why I am over this garbage. or could do? christ, that is so close to thought police stuff that it isn't funny.

I just can't get my head to a point that grabbing a titty or whatever they do could lead to a lifetime of grief for someone. And don't come back with how would you know cause I do. And I really can't see why so many people are so pathetically needing to be the "victim". ffs get over it, get on with life, there is just so much to be happy about rather than be a sook. and re the 20 years, as I said before, if someone rips off your life savings and you end up completely bloke and they end up ultra wealthy and it happened 7 years in the past, then the perp would be home free. And no, i don't have a problem with that because it is water under the bridge. I really do have the attitude of get on with life, don't be a bloody sooky victim. What I CAN see happening if people continue to chase down people over quite minor happenings is that people in the future won't have a second thought about killing the "victim" because they might end up being "brought to justice" in what is in my opinion, another lifetime. But naturally, you have the high ground because so many people don't have the kahonas to move forward, they ENJOY being the woe is me victim.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think we have a big song and dance involving expendable people of note to keep the limelight away from non-expendable people.

We have a dead purp, a few live ones but they are really old and not exactly pillars of British Society.

This is more about being seen sweeping the house clean, while the dirt remains, swept under the carpet.

Huge resources allocated, big job. Several arrests and the Public feels safe.

Seen it all before. Just another Dog and Pony show for the masses.

I repeat the question. How can Rolf Harris be arrested and not charged with a crime? Come on!

P

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's becoming quite tiresome now.

Can the political thought police of UK,inc. please direct their attention now to raising the detection rate for crime generally?

What do I mean? Well, I've been burgled around 5 times in my life and the perpetrator was never caught on any of these occasions. Not even close. In fact I was always asked if I had taken out home insurance, which didn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

So whether or not the elderly Rolf Harris did something sexual with an underage female 30 or 40 years ago is, frankly, off my radar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join