It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 336
<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Police Chief said that a civilian lifted up the tarp to his boat, after seeing blood. He then saw a man with blood on him and ran away and called police.

Chief said he was not there when everything was going on and was not sure what the gunfire was about.

He also mentioned the MIT officer being "assassinated", as he was shot dead in his vehicle.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Holy crap! They DIDNT mirandize him!
IDIOTS!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

My son visited the Baltimore City Police helicopter squad with his boy scouts.. Those helicopters have some serious gear on them. He had the some kids in the hanger hide while the others try to find them on the FliR. I think the parents had more fun then the kids asking questions. Some gear they couldn't talk about.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
IDIOTS!

Except they don't have to as their are exceptions to that requirement in cases of national security or terrorism.

link   

IDIOTS!

We all should know by now that Miranda rights are subject to many factors.....and can be taken away.

link   

Originally posted by capone1
Police are saying he is in critical condition. In my opinion, he will not be alive 10 hours from now.

They might even say he died from a self inflicted gun shot. They are basically blaming the first brother's death on the younger brother. Anything so people don't blame the police.

link   

Police are saying he is in critical condition. In my opinion, he will not be alive 10 hours from now.

At the press conference, they said "Serious condition", twice.

The scanner said that a negotiator was involved, that would indicate that he was conscious and able to communicate. I'm guessing that he'll live.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

This guy is an American Citizen. He has been mirandized, as per law.

If they botch that up they run the risk of screwing their entire case.

US attorneys office confirmed during press conference that he was NOT given his miranda rights.

Suspect has been transfered to Mass. General hospital due to severity of wounds...

link   

IDIOTS!

They didn't have to in this situation. Good or bad.

link   

Originally posted by citizenx1
What is "creepy foreshadowing"?

Creepy foreshadowing is when a map used to promote a Batman movie showing in a Colorado theater where an infamous shooting takes place seems to have an apparently synchronistic (i.e., creepy foreshadowing) reference to a location of a school shooting and then one of the bombers from the Boston marathon has a name (Dzhokhar) that apparently is pronounced like [The] Joker. That latter may not be foreshadowing, but it is slightly weird and perhaps creepy.

Cue Twilight Zone music...

No, I'm not trying to imply anything other than that the universe seems to revel in creepy foreshadowing and synchronicity. And that sometimes it's weird...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

They can ask for a public safety exemption, and that's what they're doing. But it just opens the door for him to argue his rights were denied.
Dumb move IMO

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Negotiator 'didn't manage' to speak to him.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Seriously?

OK....

creep·y
[kree-pee] Show IPA

adjective, creep·i·er, creep·i·est.
having or causing a creeping sensation of the skin, as from horror or fear: a creepy ghost story.

that creeps: a creepy insect.

Slang. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is a creep; obnoxious; weird.

fore·shad·ow
[fawr-shad-oh, fohr-] Show IPA

verb (used with object)
to show or indicate beforehand

-

foreshadow (fɔːˈʃædəʊ)

— vb

( tr ) to show, indicate, or suggest in advance; presage

link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Creepy foreshadowing is when a map used to promote a Batman movie showing in a Colorado theater where an infamous shooting takes place seems to have an apparently synchronistic (i.e., creepy foreshadowing) reference to a location of a school shooting and then one of the bombers from the Boston marathon has a name (Dzhokhar) that apparently is pronounced like [The] Joker. That latter may not be foreshadowing, but it is slightly weird and perhaps creepy.

Cue Twilight Zone music...

No, I'm not trying to imply anything other than that the universe seems to revel in creepy foreshadowing and synchronicity. And that sometimes it's weird...

Just to clarify, Dzhokhar is pronounced Jahar.

link   

Originally posted by adjensen

At the press conference, they said "Serious condition", twice.

The scanner said that a negotiator was involved, that would indicate that he was conscious and able to communicate. I'm guessing that he'll live.

Judging by the picture the poster above posted, I get the impression that the team who made contact with him messed him up pretty bad. Not necessarily with weapons. It looks like he got straight up knocked the f&$# out.
edit on 19-4-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's all back to normal on the scanner now.

Well done to all of those involved.You did your job brilliantly.

link   
Obama live now
www.youtube.com...

link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You can take someone into custody and not mirandize them as long as you do not ask them any questions pertaining to the crime or their guilt.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Bet you half the people who started on the first 10 pages of this thread, and stayed with it...are sound asleep right about now.

Great Work List-mates...I'm proud to be a member here.....

Des...

edit on 19-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Terrorists don't get Miranda rights. Once he was labeled one all his rights went out the window.

top topics

<< 333  334  335    337  338  339 >>

join