It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at MIT (And continued events in Boston 18-19 April)

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Agreed. The OP's point is absurd, To follow his logic, a Moslem nation would be equally justified nuking America if Westboro Baptist Church carried out a terrorist attack on a mosque.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Police detective just said in the press conference that the 19 year old fled on foot last night -- completely contrary to him running over his brother while driving the car.
Somebody in the press asked a smart followup question, and the detective said he had to leave. No more questions.
edit on 19-4-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

link   
My sister, her husband and 2yr old son decided it was a good idea to go ahead with their Boston vacation weekend. They were somehow surprised to get to the hotel (just 3 miles from the shootout) and be told they couldn't leave. This afternoon, they couldn't stand being couped up in the small room with the 2yr old any longer so they went to the park next door to find other kids, dogs, runners and bikers out and about. She said the streets are empty and most things closed. Duh. She said a police car drove by but didn't tell anyone to leave or go back inside. She said as soon as they stepped outside their hotel, both their cell phones got an alert that shelter was still in place. I told her that I hoped the guy wasn't hiding in a tree waiting to snatch my nephew as a hostage. WTH Oy!

link   
I just read on cnn that the father is released by the russian security service

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I believe that a teenager and a guy in his late 20's would carry out dropping off of bombs and walking away.

That doesn't mean you'd be willing to kill a guy point blank for a car. At least I don't think so. Bombings are indiscriminate, shooting somebody is personal.

That's the way I see it. Although I think they were helped. This is too complex of an escape, with the amount of heat in the area.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Maybe because this is the post 911 America and now they must show what the securiy apparatus is capable of doing to keep the nation safe, or not.

link   
reply to post by Raist

The mother said they were cooperating with the FBI, not so much being followed.

link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by kosmicjack

... Everyone can resume life as normal in that area.... ???

They know he's not around but are keeping a presence there in case he comes back because he has ties there.
edit on 19-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Bostonians go on w/ your normal life. . . Oh btw, we'll be saturating your streets w/ heavily armed soldiers & armored vehicles in the meantime. Wow.

link   

Originally posted by myartisstrong
Hey all...I"ve been watching this since about 11 last night. Finally thought I would weigh in and see if anyone feels the same way I do about this.

1. An 18 hour man hunt for a 19 year old kid by 9000 LEO's seems a little sketchy to me. It does however provide an excellent opportunity for a city wide joint training exercise involving entering every residence and searching it. I hear there is a lot of chatter round here bout stuff like this happening. Maybe this is what the Florida training was for.

2. How long is the time gap between him escaping after the gun battle that occurred around 1:30 this morning, and the next event? So much has happened, and then hasn't happened, today. I think I've lost track. What ever happened to the guy on the ground with the bomb removal robots?

3. Whats with the silence from the white house? You would think that the President would have SOMETHING to say by now. Maybe he's waiting till people are home from work to make a statement, but I would think this is something he might want to address.

4.The character witnesses coming forth are really making it hard for the media to demonize these kids. I saw Wolf trying when interviewing the kid with the short black hair and black shirt. He tried but kinda sounded like a muffled fart. On top of that, I thought the aunts argument was valid. The only video of these guys I've seen show them walking. I have never seen them set their bags down. That and the picture is crap. I wouldn't consider that evidence. Nor the 7-11 image... and furthermore, how come these "came here to kill people" killers, let the witness go after conveniently telling him they were the marathon bombers.

I'm not trying to start any fights, these are just my personal questions and I want to know if this is on anyone else's mind. If not, I respect your right to disagree.

I would agree with your sentiments. I would also ask you consider that this might have been a drill that started on the day of the marathon bombing. As was mentioned at the time by many sources then denied later. If Im right watch for him being caught/killed very shortly.

edit on 19-4-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by dogsounds
reply to post by Power_Semi

Agreed. The OP's point is absurd, To follow his logic, a Moslem nation would be equally justified nuking America if Westboro Baptist Church carried out a terrorist attack on a mosque.

Even stranger they woukd be justified to attack Rome for that.

link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
Comeon, the leading superpower of the world is paralyzed by a 19 year old ? Really ?

Ehh.. Not quite. This is like searching for a needle in a haystack at this point.. There are soo many unknowns still and this is early in the game. Its been less than a week and we have one suspect dead and the other on the run. There is good indication that there could be others involved.

Allright So lets say there are 5 people involved. 10 people, dont care. Where are those drones that every citizen of USA fears ? Satelites that can see through walls, televisons and webcams that can be hacked so your government can see what you are doing ? Where is the police state that so many American members of ATS have claimed USA has turned in to after Obama was voted in the office ?

link   
Only reason they're calling off search...they ran out of batteries...can't talk to each other...

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

It's possible He isn't in Boston. That's why it's relevant. It's thought that he took off in a car headed towards there then hours later this video appears...
Could be false, could be right.
Remember, the lock down has been lifted ...

link   
Reports of a suspicious package. DOD in route.

link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo

Comeon, the leading superpower of the world is paralyzed by a 19 year old ? Really ?

Ehh.. Not quite. This is like searching for a needle in a haystack at this point.. There are soo many unknowns still and this is early in the game. Its been less than a week and we have one suspect dead and the other on the run. There is good indication that there could be others involved.

Allright So lets say there are 5 people involved. 10 people, dont care. Where are those drones that every citizen of USA fears ? Satelites that can see through walls, televisons and webcams that can be hacked so your government can see what you are doing ? Where is the police state that so many American members of ATS have claimed USA has turned in to after Obama was voted in the office ?

It simply does not exist....

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by tothetenthpower

But they did hijack a car and didn't kill the vehicle owner. Why? If you have no problem bombing a crowd, why not kill the guy? It makes no sense. He is why the MIT officer engaged.

Because the "co-exist" bumper sticker saved his life.

That's why.

link   
Possible sighting of the subject... In the woods outside of town.

link   
Those SAS guys are on a different level, I have worked very closely with them....honestly not a shred of life in those eyes, slightly off topic but my instinct tells me that the 'wanted' is actually very hurt or possibly dead.

link   
Possible sighting in some woods?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Cheers mate. We'll keep an eye on that too thennnn...

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join