It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Rights --Is it possible to forfeit them by your actions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The question I'd like to kick around, is the following.

Presuming we are all born with certain rights, can a person justifiably lose them? In other words, can a person behave in a way whereby they lose 100% of the rights they were born with? Is being human a right or a privilege?

Losing human rights doesn't just mean you can get your freedom taken away or get executed. I mean losing the right to be human which puts everything in play including torture and cruelty, slavery, getting ground up for soylent green etc.

It's a philosophical discussion, not a policy proposal. Is there anything a person can do to forfeit all human rights?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"Human Rights --Is it possible to forfeit them by your actions?"

I have always believed that the only way to lose our rights is thru 'Inaction'. Take a look around cause it's happening as we speak.

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian and Lutheran pastor, best known as the author of the poem First they came....

Peace
edit on 18-4-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

You can not lose your human rights anymore than you can cease to be HUMAN. The rights are tied to what you are and not what you do.
edit on 2013/4/18 by Metallicus because: spell

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Tell that to the regime masquerading as the US government. They are quickly stripping us of our human rights on a daily basis. I refer not just to the current puppet in office, but also several of his predecessors.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I believe certain actions negate the right to life.

Like bombing a marathon.
Like mass murders we've seen only too disturbingly regularly
Like violent sex offenders

Cirque
edit on 18-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: more

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is a slight flaw in your questions. Humans have innate "human" rights that cannot be taken - they are sovereign in nature, naturally free from laws they do not agree to and a few others. What has happened is governing bodies have decided to eliminate the connection between natural innate rights and replace them with "given" rights via a document. This creates a kind of barrier between the human and their innate rights. In fact, "rights" have now become synonymous with "lawful" and the two are not the same. In simplified terms, laws are man made, while rights are "god" given. "God given" is even incorrect, as they are not "given" by anyone or anything, they are simply yours.

So, when the rights are quantified and qualified, then, people can loose the ability to EXPRESS their innate rights by actions as they can be taken by the same body that claimed to "give" them to the human. Think about it deeper, if I give you a right, then I can take a right away, but if the right is not subject to being "given" then it cannot be taken. It is the act of "giving" through quantification and qualification that causes the problem here.

We are free to speak, period. The US "Constitution" qualifies and quantifies that right into a "law" making it subject to argument. Because we all end up giving power to the document and those who interpret it, we now have "acceptable" speech and speech that is not acceptable - when humans ARE free speech, they don't have it the ARE it. When a unacceptable word is uttered, the "law" may then take away the innate ability to express the human right.

See how it works, I first take a human right and give it a name "free speech" then I tell the human I am giving them what they already have, since the human child can't remember the truth, they accept the new "law" as a GIFT and gifts are subject to being rescinded, since all early life is about reward and punishment it makes perfect sense to accept the new ideology that rights are given. The creator of the law just so happened to add strings allowing them to take away the gift at anytime, the "giver" adds endless behavior qualifications to keep the right they gave, which, are all subject to change, which all allows the "giver" of the right to simply end the human's right to express the right. what you loose is the right to express your natural rights on earth.

The problem with they way we are controlled, is we have given up the expression of our innate rights to be "free and secure" when in fact, it is our innate rights that truly make us free and secure. I will say this again, you are naturally free and secure - period. It is only when we agree to ignore this fact-truth, do we get mind controlled into accepting "war=peace" "enslavement=freedom" and so on.

It is inevitable that the human condition on this planet will become so far removed, disconnected from its true nature that enslavement will become the new natural right. It is happening now, people yell for more restriction on their natural rights. Every time we demand, demand, the impersonal governing body take away a "freedom" in favor of a law that protects, we get further and further from the truth - eventually it will get lost. We are really moments from being lost.

Keep in mind, each law that is written to protect - take away your access to your natural rights, is written for YOU. There are no laws written for others, they are all written for you personally. What can be helpful is to stand alone, and quietly state: "I do not want my natural rights anymore, I want more laws and restrictions that will protect me, I will accept all laws that help me by enslaving me because my natural rights are too dangerous."

Why say that horrible statement? Because it is what you are doing, the sooner you accept it.......

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Very interesting stuff. I hope you get to see a discussion based on the philosophy of the subject, but it's a thin hope.

Where do human rights come from? Saying we're born with them, or they're innate, doesn't help much. Even the idea of human rights has only been accepted here and there throughout history. Some kings, pharohs, emperors, the State, and other slaveholders, have all had no idea of human rights. Maybe we're wrong.

But if such rights exist, do they come from other men, or from the State? If so, then other men or the State can take them away. Does evolution demand the existence of human rights? Hardly. So then, from where? I believe, and so did the Founders, that we are endowend by our Creator with certain inalienable rights.

If God gave us those rights, then He gets to set the terms and conditions of those rights.

Are we agreed so far?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In short yes.... we had a lengthy discussion about this one time on a rant thread i create a few months or so ago.

Basically the jist of it is you lose your rights if your a felon, in a few ways. We discussed it at length and there was seriously hottly debated issues by many members.

Check it out.

Here.

I dont want to distract from your thread but i thought YOU may find it interesting to read through a few pages.

S n F for asking a really good question or 2.

edit on 18-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
It's a philosophical discussion, not a policy proposal. Is there anything a person can do to forfeit all human rights?

I really feel that if you commited an act so cruel and unhumane you should indeed lose your human rights.

If Mister Donkeytonkeylonkey commits a crime against humanity, for example, he is actually showing that he doesnt care for humanity and really shouldnt have human rights. If they dont give a # for humanity then why should they have human rights? If they dont care about humans they dont care about human rights so why should they have them?...

Let me ask you this: Do you think Hitler deserves human rights?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I believe certain actions negate the right to life.

Like bombing a marathon.
Like mass murders we've seen only too disturbingly regularly
Like violent sex offenders

Cirque

You would murder violent sex offenders who didn't kill anyone? Wow.. no eye for an eye for you. Jamming a rusty barbed pipe that's 5 inches in diameter up their bum while covered in honey and thrown into a giant ant hill I can live with - as long as you don't kill them but to say they have no right to life is worse than the crime they committed.

top topics

join