It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What needs a smoke screen to pass this Week, CISPA the bill that wont die.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
What happened in Boston is a tragedy of the highest levels, when ever innocents are killed any where in the world humanity should pause and keep these victims in our hearts and minds.

With that in mind we should be vigilant and aware of what is going on so as not to neglect our duty as citizens, when these tragedies happen people (with help from the media) seem to forget the regular goings on in places like congress.

A Paranoid person might see something like the following as extremely convenient

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA, is headed to a full vote in the House of Representatives Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Cispa is something that got shot down, with a loud voice Americans told their reps NO we do not want that, So it was back to the drawing board the problem is the return of the bill this week did not come with the privacy protection that the people demanded.

"The changes to the bill don’t address the major privacy problems we have been raising about CISPA for almost a year and a half,"

CISPA is Back and headed for a vote.

I myself had written to my reps, and gotten this response back, the Standard Feinstein response, Give up freedom for security...

Dear Benrl:
Thank you for your letter concerning the "Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act" (H.R. 3523). I appreciate your taking the time to write and welcome the opportunity to respond.

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act was introduced in the House of Representatives on February 13, 2013 by Representative Mike Rogers (R-MI). The bill would, among other things, establish procedures to allow the Intelligence Community to share cyber threat intelligence with the private sector.

I agree with the authors of the House bill that our nation faces a serious and growing threat from cyber attacks and espionage—threats to both our national security and our economy. Effective cybersecurity requires that information on cyber threats and defenses in our government's hands be passed to the private sector, and that information from industry be shared with the government.

At the same time, it is critical that our efforts to improve cyber security include robust privacy protections. In particular, we must ensure that our constitutional rights and liberties are protected, and place proper limits on the government's use of cyber security information that it obtains from the private sector.

Last Congress I authored the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2012 (S. 2102). While that legislation accomplished many of the same goals as the House legislation, it included robust privacy protections and safeguards against the private sector abusing information sharing authorities. As Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I will shortly be introducing a bill on information sharing which allows sharing of cyber intrusion data with the government with full immunity. In this way we hope to encourage a major effort between the public and private sector to share data so that cyber intrusion can be prevented.

Once again, thank you for your letter. I am pleased that you are engaged in this important issue and hope you continue to inform me of issues that matter to you. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my office in Washington, D.C. at (202) 224-3841, or visit my website at www.feinstein.senate.gov....

Sincerely yours, Dianne Feinstein United States Senator

At times like these, Keep the victims in our hearts and minds, and our eyes open for the opportunistic weasels in DC who will use these times for their agendas.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I found an easy way to send all your Reps the info for those concerned:
by the The Electronic Frontier Foundation

edit on 16-4-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Thanks for sharing. I found an easy way to send all your Reps the info for those concerned:
by the The Electronic Frontier Foundation

edit on 16-4-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Great link, personally I keep a stack of pre adressed letter head, with my company logo to all my Reps.

Every hand written letter ive used has gotten a response, however as shown above the responses tend to be, "Yeah we here you and don't care" still never hurts to try.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So, what your saying is, that this event in Boston was perpetrated by the Feral Government to mask the passage of a bill that would make it 'legal' for them to do something they are already doing, anyway? I mean, are we talking about the same Feral Government that gave us things like the Patriot Act, The DHS, and the NKVD?, troops in Afghanistan? $700,000 gardening bill for our ambassadors house in Belgium? Chuck Hagel? Leon Panetta? Zombie Joint Chiefs? The War Powers act? The Benghazi Riot Excuse? John Kerry as Secretary of State? Classifies veterans as 'domestic terrorists? A supreme court that BELIEVES the second amendment was devised over 200 yrs ago because the founding fathers used to wax longingly about all the cool 'National Guard' commercials they could make? If your talking about the Executive Branch, The Judicial Branch and the 595 Criminal Geniuses that are plotting to make me feel sad all the time? Did you mean that Feral Government? I can't see it. I wonder why?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
So, what your saying is, that this event in Boston was perpetrated by the Feral Government to mask the passage of a bill that would make it 'legal' for them to do something they are already doing, anyway? I mean, are we talking about the same Feral Government that gave us things like the Patriot Act, The DHS, and the NKVD?, troops in Afghanistan? $700,000 gardening bill for our ambassadors house in Belgium? Chuck Hagel? Leon Panetta? Zombie Joint Chiefs? The War Powers act? The Benghazi Riot Excuse? John Kerry as Secretary of State? Classifies veterans as 'domestic terrorists? A supreme court that BELIEVES the second amendment was devised over 200 yrs ago because the founding fathers used to wax longingly about all the cool 'National Guard' commercials they could make? If your talking about the Executive Branch, The Judicial Branch and the 595 Criminal Geniuses that are plotting to make me feel sad all the time? Did you mean that Feral Government? I can't see it. I wonder why?

why does it have to be the gov?

Would it be so hard to imagine one of the many corporations spending millions in lobbying behind cispa being behind it.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Nice Guardian write up here:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Considering how many times this and its sister bills have been slapped down by the public this is a little disturbing, still if at first you don;t succeed...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just had a thought, bloody handy that this bill passes about the same time the NSA's 5 Zetabyte storage facility is ready! All of that stuff will be legally admissible in court now, before it would have only been useful for corroboration.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join