It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails: the basic premise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Like the Op, you're out of the window, I've already said that 'looking' at a jet trail does not premise anything, and as I already said a jet trail is also, and already is akin in it's own right to what the likes of John Holdren have already proposed, get it?

In what way is jet exhaust, with or without a contrail, "kin in it's own right to what the likes of John Holdren have already proposed"?

Aer you sure you actually know what "they" have proposed??

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by payt69

payt69 --

It seems your basic questions are this:

Do chemtrail believers say that if a trail persists for hours, that automatically means it is a "chemtrail" (in the minds of the chemtrail believers)?

Do chemtrail believers think a normal contrail can ever persists for hours?

The answers to this question I have seen over the years seem to suggest that many chemtrail believers DO think that if a trail persists for hours and spreads out, then that means it is in fact a chemtrail (and, conversely, that a normal contrail CANNOT persists).

Mind you, I have never seen anybody give a good reason WHY normal contrails cannot persist, but "trail persistence" seems to have become a defacto litmus test of sorts for many chemtrail believers...

...as in: "If a trail persists, then it must be a chemtrail"

edit on 4/16/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That is indeed my question, and the ensuing silence from the chemtrail-believers will be a testament to their lack of interest in anything to do with verifiable facts or science.

My prediction is that you will never see a chemtrail believer make statements about the science behind contrails.

The reason is that if they do, they will have to enivitably conclude that there is such a thing as persistent contrails, and then the whole house of cards falls apart.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by payt69

This (contrail?) appears to be switched on and off with a toggle switch.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

And that video has been on ATS repeatedly. It was filmed by another crew flying with the KC-10 as a joke about chemtrail believers. It's nothing but aerodynamic contrails off flap fairings.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Why are the (contrails?) getting switched off / on with a toggle switch?

Answer: they were switching tanks. - Aluminium Oxide -
edit on 18-4-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Answer, they aren't trails, they're aerodynamic contrails.

It’s actually an aerodynamic contrail. It’s formed by the reduction of pressure in the air as it moves over the wing. When the pressure of a gas falls, then its temperature also falls (the same principle as is used by your refrigerator). The reduced temperature cause small drops of water to condense, which then may freeze. The (frozen) drops get larger as more water condenses on them.

contrailscience.com...

The original video:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

(Contrails?) switched off with a toggle switch?

Don't be so naive.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

No, contrails "switched off" by atmospheric conditions. There is no toggle switch.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

(Contrails?) switched off with a toggle switch?

Don't be so naive.

Your video is off topic. Please answer the questions posted in the OP. I know you're not going to, because you seem to lack the knowledge to grasp the phenomenon of contrails, since Tanker Enemy doesn't tell you these things

Anyway i'd like to see you prove me wrong.. i'd be totally amazed to see a chemtrail-believer say anything close to scientific about contrails. Have at it!

edit on 18-4-2013 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join