It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Impending Beaver Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Looks like the beavers have had it. Beginning nearly one year ago in July of 2012 there have been several significant beaver attacks, the most recent of which has left a man dead in Belarus.

Crazed Beaver Attacks Two Girls

Anabella and Alyssa Radnovich were attacked by a 65 pound beaver while swimming at Lake Anna in Virginia's Spotsylvania County...

'She had felt something touch her leg and she thought it was one of her cousins messing with her.
Victim: Eight-year-old Annabella Radnovich suffered serious wounds to her leg

Victim: Eight-year-old Annabella Radnovich suffered serious wounds to her leg

'And she stopped and looked and pushed it off of her and started running out of the water.'

Annabella also thought it was someone in her family fooling around until she felt the animal's claws digging into her legs.

Describing the terrifying experience she said: 'It started swimming around me, and then I tried to get out again and it bit my leg.'

Then, in August of the same year, there was another vicious beaver attack in Pine Plains New York...

Scouts Stone Rabid Beaver To Death After Attack

51-year-old Normand Brousseau, of Pine Plains, N.Y., was swimming in eastern Pennsylvania on Aug. 2 when a beaver swam through his legs and bit him in the chest.

"I thought it was a giant carp fish," he told the paper.

After initially throwing the animal from his body, it returned to continue the attack, biting Brousseau in the leg, buttocks, arm, hand and torso before he managed to grab it and hold its jaw closed.

Brousseau threw the beaver ashore while Scouts helped him out of the water. After being momentarily stunned, the beaver began attacking a pool noodle.

At that point, the Scouts stepped in to put down the animal.

And then again in September, an 83 year old Fairfax County, Virginia woman was cruelly mauled by a beaver while she was swimming...

Rabid Beaver Attacks 83-year-old Woman

A co-worker, Mike Korin, also happened to be on the lake that night, giving a fishing lesson -- a coincidence that would help free her from the attack.

At bout 6 p.m., Korin said he noticed the beaver splashing around the lake. It struck the avid fisherman and former U.S. Forest Service employee as unusual. Soon, he said, he saw it swimming toward Peterson, who was just finishing up her swim on a far bank.

Then Peterson went down.

"I heard horrible yelling and knew it was the real deal," Korin said. "She was saying, 'I can't get out of its grip. It's got me.' "

And finally we have the tragic case of a ferocious beaver delivering the death blow to a Belarussian man's groin just a few days ago...

Vicious Beaver Attacks and Kills Man in Belarus

“It was early morning and already light when they saw a beaver by the road, which was unusual because beavers are nocturnal,” Sergei Shtyk, deputy head of the local wildlife inspectorate, told the British newspaper. “One of them went up to be photographed with it, and the animal attacked him and bit him twice, cutting an artery in his thigh, before running away.”

The unfortunate victim, who hailed from Brest in the country’s southwest, bled to death before an ambulance could be summoned, despite the best efforts of his friends to administer first aid.

Is this the shape of things to come? Two razor sharp beaver teeth? Is this a 'shot across the bows' in what is to become an all out war between Man and beaver for world domination ?

This Russian cameraman was shocked when the beaver that he was filming suddenly turned on him!

And this poor guy is nearly dragged to a watery death while trying to remove an 80lb beaver from a golf course.

Where could this possibly be headed ATS?

Does God have no mercy, but to subject mankind to a plague of beavers; even in these troubled times?

edit on 14-4-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

For some reason when I watched the video of the beaver attacking the cameraman all I could think of was Justin Bieber attacking the paparazzi. (the way that boy has been acting lately I think he may have rabies and needs to be 'put down'.)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Beavers. Those things are quick! One thing for sure, if I ever encounter one of those things I'm definitely turning around and hauling butt.
edit on 14-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I dunno the Canadian beavers seem to be doing ok.

peace

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

And yet here I have two evil Canadian beaver videos which is one more than your one friendly Canadian beaver video...

The first beaver tries to jump them at 2:38, and then the cameraman catches the second beaver just before the video cuts out...

edit on 14-4-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Aren't the 'Brazillians' seriously cutting down on beaver numbers?

Most beaver sightings have been in decline since the seventies. (more research required)
Nearly all beavers I have encountered have been quite friendly, have encountered one or two stinkers though.
This is just scaremongering by the OP, anyone who is scared of beavers is a pussy.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Damn it ! That is so sad....

I was hoping you meant a Beiber apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Aren't the 'Brazillians' seriously cutting down on beaver numbers?

Most beaver sightings have been in decline since the seventies. (more research required)
Nearly all beavers I have encountered have been quite friendly, have encountered one or two stinkers though.
This is just scaremongering by the OP, anyone who is scared of beavers is a pussy.

I dont know bro- I certainly am not scared of too much, consider myself fairly brave (...fairly) server my Country, have trained and competed in martial Arts (in my Youth) and feel quite confident in my manhood.
-BUT , after watching that video of that thing charge the camera- I would have ran aaway screaming like a little girl and not stopped running until I was safely behind a locked door.

That thing was FAST! An 80 Lb rodent running that quickly to attack me is something that would scare the hell out of me.

-I saw this the other week and did some research - I have seen beaver many time kayaking on rivers and never in my wildest drams thought they were dangerous unless you cornered one and screwed with it (like any wild animal)- -After my research- I am calling for the Worldwide genocide of these beasts from hell. If we cannot stop this scorge while we have the upper hand , I fear the Human race could be DOOMED!!!!!!
edit on 14-4-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Does God have no mercy, but to subject mankind to a plague of beavers; even in these troubled times?

I think the real questions are, did we afford beavers or nature mercy when:

- We stole their lands, homes and resources - wood just so we can build a nice house for us and claim things for ourselves?
- We polluted the air they breath and the water they drink and swim just so we can many "good" things for ourselves?
- We stole their peace by invading their territory whenever and wherever we want, particularly during weekends?
- We go around and go on with our proud ways as if these creatures around us don't matter, don't hurt, don't feel anything?

All I can say is we definitely deserve whatever horrible thing nature is unleashing upon us. One of these days may our evil ways finally come to an end!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

-I saw this the other week and did some research - I have seen beaver many time kayaking on rivers and never in my wildest drams thought they were dangerous unless you cornered one and screwed with it (like any wild animal)- -After my research- I am calling for the Worldwide genocide of these beasts from hell. If we cannot stop this scorge while we have the upper hand , I fear the Human race could be DOOMED!!!!!!
edit on 14-4-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Some of us older gentlemen are very fond of old school beavers.
If you treat 'em nice they will be nice back.
If you call for global eradication then there is no option left.

"I call upon all discerning gentlemen (and ladies) who love a nice beaver to stand against this tyranny"

Do we want to live in a world where the only beavers left are consigned to old magazines and badly shot colour saturated movies?
Do we?

We will fight you on the riverbanks,
We will fight you in the streams,
We will fight you on the dams and in the rushes,
We will never surrender!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Find the link to Obama, Nirubu and I think you'll have a winner!

Are you sure they aren't actually zombie beavers?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

"I call upon all discerning gentlemen (and ladies) who love a nice beaver to stand against this tyranny"
reply to post by HumansEh

Where do I sign up Humans ?

They can take my rights, they can take my freedom, but they will never stand between me and my beaver.

Cody

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
One more reason here in Montana, i never go to the woods
without at least a pistol, sure Beavers are very low on my
'things to worry about' chart, but none the less, i would not want
caught by a couple of them planning a attack.

Never under estimate your opponent, be it man or nature.
Always be prepared to defend your life while in the woods.
So far i have never had to, come close a few times with bears
but they backed down. But point being, always have the means
to, even if you never truly need it.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
We have a beaver lodge not far from where I live just off the side of the highway... Someone put up a small satellite dish on top of the lodge years ago, and it's been there forever. Mr. and Mrs. Beav watching the telly... friggin' hilarious. I still laugh every time I drive by it.

I'll have to remember to get a picture of it and post it up here sometime.

We Canadians love our beavers !

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Where do I sign up Humans ?

They can take my rights, they can take my freedom, but they will never stand between me and my beaver.

Cody

Yay!
Now there are two of us.
We are invincible!

You haters of fur have no chance.
"
You will have to prise the beavers.......from my cold dead hands!"

(may have gone a bit overboard with that one)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
We don't have beavers in Australia, so I suppose we will be spared......

Don't mess with koalas, they don't like it.
edit on 14/4/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Maybe if we as humans ate beavers more often they'd start being nicer to us? I mean, if they find out that they are a food source for us humans than they would surely start being nicer, right? I would hope so.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

You don't have beavers but you have beaver-ducks! And those things are poisonous!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join