It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Device

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think it is possible that the object put into orbit by the North Koreans is not a nuclear EMP but a nuclear doomsday device. A nuclear bomb encased in a jacket of cobalt would produce a radioactive isotope of cobalt by the intense neutron flux during detonation. This fallout would last thousands of years. If this was detonated high in the atmosphere, the entire surface of planet Earth would become uninhabitable. This one bomb is the ultimate deterrent against regime change.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

And then we would evolve into Greys because we would go underground (in caves, some of which not fully discovered along with the bro reptilians), and develop dark almond eyes and lose the hair

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Destroy the entire earth to make sure no one usurps you.

I don't think that's right, but if it's encased in cobalt, then why not.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I am really interested in how you came to that conclusion.

Since you have no source info and there are no pics I have to ask if this is just a product of your fertile but overstimulated imagination. That is not a bad thing but you may want to warn us if that is all it is.

P

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Salted weapons are real nuclear weapon designs. Doomsday devices have been designed. You can google it. I didn't claim to know that is what has been put into orbit, only a possibility.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

edit on 13-4-2013 by gps777 because: nvm already covered

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
220 pounds of payload probably doesn't a doomsday device make. A radiological weapon, possibly. The satellite exhibits ALL the characteristics you wouldn't want to attribute to a 'device' you would expect to have to use again, as in basically, it's probably just ballast, to show them how far they can throw something. Anyone that puts a nuclear warhead in orbit gets to have it a smacked down. Google FOBS. (Fractional Orbital Bombardment System) Who knows, maybe the darn thing is filled up with UWTB or candy for that matter !

At 300 NM in orbit, we have systems that can take crystal clear pictures of that satellite anyway. If it was a launch of a destructive device, it would have been neutralized, by somebody, already. But I'm gonna give you a star, because your right to be wary, anyone that can put 220 pounds of anything in orbit should be monitored. You can't give up the high ground. Countries all over the world have realized that, guess DPRK is heading into that club unless, of course, China doesn't like that idea one bit, and tell the DPRK to cool it, and that will be that.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

OP? I hope you're wrong.

But if you're not, then maybe Jim Jung Wii can be bought off for. . . . . .

One Million dollars!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Don't worry everyone, an equally unlikely scenario will occur that prevents this supposed doomsday.

Edit: And it will have man-boobs.
edit on 13-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: MOOBS

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thats exactly the picture I saw in my minds eye while reading the OP.

"You complete me" Mini Me beezzer

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I got you're intense neuron flux encased in cobalt right here !
I'm also interested in where OP came up with this ?
A video game ?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Destroy the entire earth to make sure no one usurps you.

I don't think that's right, but if it's encased in cobalt, then why not.

Winofiend

It's called Mutually Assured Destruction or ''MAD'' and is the basic idea around nuclear weapons.........
ie...you fire at me then i fire at you and thats the end so don't bother....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif
I think it is possible that the object put into orbit by the North Koreans is not a nuclear EMP but a nuclear doomsday device. A nuclear bomb encased in a jacket of cobalt would produce a radioactive isotope of cobalt by the intense neutron flux during detonation. This fallout would last thousands of years. If this was detonated high in the atmosphere, the entire surface of planet Earth would become uninhabitable. This one bomb is the ultimate deterrent against regime change.

Sounds like a version of Israels "Samson Option" in which if Israel goes it takes the world with it.... but don't worry Israel is our friend..LOLLOLOLOLOLOL...it would never hurt the USA..LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

contamination weapons

"Doomsday Bomb", salted bombs, enhanced fallout

The easiest Doomsday Machine to construct is the cobalt bomb cluster. Each cobalt bomb is an ordinary atomic bomb encased in a jacket of cobalt. When a cobalt bomb explodes, it spreads a huge amount of radiation. If enough of these bombs were exploded, life on Earth would perish.

The idea of the cobalt bomb originated with Leo Szilard who publicized it in February 1950, not as a serious proposal for a weapon, but to point out that it would soon be possible in principle to build a single weapon that would kill everyone on earth. To design such a weapon a radioactive isotope is needed that can be dispersed world wide before it decays. The design would be reminiscent of a fission-fusion-fission weapon. A thick cobalt metal blanket is used to capture the fusion neutrons to maximize the fallout hazard. Instead of generating additional explosive force from fast fission U-238 the cobalt is transmuted into Co-60 which produces energetic and penetrating gamma rays.

physics.info...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I'm sure OP knows what he's talking about, just from the sound of it.
If that's what you're getting at ? IDK know because you offered no text of your own.
So I'm still wondering what source his information was.
edit on 13-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Notice the "each of" in that. It's not just one bomb, it takes quite a few of them to destroy the world, which means their one satellite isn't going to do a lot even if it's a cobalt bomb. One cobalt bomb does not a world killer make.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
NK cant even test rockets succesfully. I doubt they constructed a cobalt salted nuclear device .

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If it was thought to be anything of a threat either the USA, Russia or China would have vaporised the thing in orbit by now end of.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
North Korea :- Rocket Instructions and Personal Safety Instructions.....

1. Ask you're Nan or Grandmother for some $$$$ for you're birthday.
2. Go to online website and order a "box of rockets"
3. Open box, take out rocket, put in a milk bottle pointing into the sky....( the big blue thing above you're head)
4. Light blue touch paper
5. Stand well back (10metres)

And hey presto ........... BOOM........:-))

ENJOY.......

PDUK....

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A rare photo of North Korea's secret stash.

<<   2 >>

join