It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican seeks to rebrand its relationship with science

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
Evolution is in the OT and you just have look for it, ...

Yep. Read the creation myth of Adam and Eve. When Cain was sent out of the Garden of Eden he was afraid of 'the others' and that they'd kill him. Who were 'the others'?? Cain was probably cro-mag and 'the others' were probably neanderthals (if there ever really was a 'Cain' .. which i doubt)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
"Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein.

Question for the OP ... you quoted an external source but I can't find a link to it to read everything. Did I miss it?? Would you mind posting a link to the source for me? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sure thing, FF! I just happen to have the story still open in another tab...
Vatican seeks to rebrand its relationship with science.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Sir, may I ask you a few questions?

If I had not seen that you quoted WhiteRabbit and it was to his post that you replied, I would have wagered that you simply read the title of the thread, but not the OP or any of the following posts either.

Why, then, did you respond? Have you read the entire thread? What do you hope to gain by chiming in with these fundamentalist, right-win, paranoid assertions? How did you suppose your post, in this thread, would be appropriate or helpful?

Not attacking, of course anyone is welcome to post on any thread...and this one hadn't gotten heated at all (yet)....
I'm just wondering what you hoped to accomplish by dissing evolution and misrepresenting scientists and damning the new Pope.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

There was a time when facts were shown and near to Muslims.

Muslims disregarded and neglected them.

Now they are hardly trying to find what they used to have centuries ago.

In other words , Islam changed the lives of Muslims from top to bottom. Like a system. When one special part of the system is malfunctioning , you can not use it in the way it meant to be.

Muslims have many problems today. Many of them don't even know they have an issue.

Jesus arrived at a time when people were suffering from disease and the time that pharmacy was the need and solution of the day. He entered and changed all the equations and showed god to people. But they neglected Jesus. And the result is what you see in Christianity today.

Islam is suffering very similar problems today. The problems that last generations created and it is inherited to us.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Wow,

As a Christian, I am embarrassed by this post!

I don't even know where to begin pointing out all the information you have gotten wrong, and everything you have misrepresented!

If being taught scientific truth is hurting your faith in the Truth, then maybe your faith is not too strong to begin with?

To anyone reading this: I am so sorry for this, and I assure you, not all Christians share these fallacious beliefs!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

Wow,

As a Christian, I am embarrassed by this post!

I don't even know where to begin pointing out all the information you have gotten wrong, and everything you have misrepresented!

If being taught scientific truth is hurting your faith in the Truth, then maybe your faith is not too strong to begin with?

To anyone reading this: I am so sorry for this, and I assure you, not all Christians share these fallacious beliefs!

Uh huh, and who defines what is "scientific truth"? When it comes down to it, my Christian faith has nothing to do with things that are testable, observable, repeatable . Speaking of faith, there are two things that I cannot conclusively prove exists by the scientific method, and that is the God of the Bible and this pantheistic, Hinduistic philosophical belief dressed up as science called the theory of evolution. Comparing the two, I find that it takes more faith to believe in the latter, as it has no foundation to stand on whatsoever. I can go on at length about this, but this isn't the appropriate thread to do it anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join