It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea prepares to test medium-range ballistic missile as it closes border with China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Since must last thread in Breaking News got moved here
even though it is breaking, I thought i'd best post this here.

NORTH Korea has closed its border with China, turning back tourists as nuclear tensions continue to mount. An official at the Dandong Border Office, who declined to give his name, told media: "Travel agencies are not allowed to take tourist groups to go there, since the North Korean government is now asking foreign people to leave. As far as I know, business people can enter and leave North Korea freely."

Source: www.news.com.au... 226616335993

Maybe he really is dumb enough to sacrifice his entire country over some fool hardy plans.

It is ironic though, look at what is been said and how it is playing out, similar to Homefront, Red Dawn (remake), COD isn't it....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They really closed their border with China?

your link says page not found.

Got link to work here you go yours was malformed. Article

Crazy stuff:

US satellites have located North Korea's missiles
They have been pictured fueled and ready for launch
Fears North Korea will not issue test-fire warning

edit on 9-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, didn't see that one coming. Fixed Link Source: www.news.com.au...
edit on 4/9/2013 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I found it here.

link

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Its becoming more and more obvious that China isn't actually playing with NK this time. They appear to be siding with the US.

Gotta give NK kudos for being ballsy though. They are playing this one very close to the edge. I think the ball is clearly in Obama's court. Will he eventually give in and ease up sanctions or take the Bush route and cut off all communication with the North.

Interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
China are far more economically developed that when they signed that pact with NK, I don't see them siding with Lil Kim if they do pull the trigger, the ramifications for them would be too severe on the world stage

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

China hasn't really said to much honestly. I'm sure they're unhappy with NK's decisions. But it was North Korea that decided to temporarily close the border with China, not China's decision. I'm sure it's because of so many refugees crossing the border because of all of these war talks and China didn't like it so to keep on good ground with China, NK decided to close the border for now.
edit on 4/9/2013 by kyrebelyell2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
China has been pretty neutral during all of this so far. I don't think they will get too involved until it comes to blows. One thing for certain is they don't want an out of control North Korea in their backyard, but they want a US police action on the North Korean territory even less, so nobody knows what they will do if anything.

North Korea closing the border is just another posturing move, and I don't think it has anything to do with the stability of their relationship with China.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Everything they have done and said has been carefully stage managed....
(both by the NKs and the western media....)

There will come a time when there will be no further higher alerts and no more beligerant bullcrap to announce.....
Thats when well see if push came to shove or to shovel......

Ten days to go or no....one way or the other....
cant go pn forever like this......

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
well we will all know in the next few hours
english.chosun.com... from the link

N.Korean Missiles 'Ready for Launch'

North Korea has finished preparations to launch one or two Musudan medium-range missiles that have been moved to an area on the east coast.

South Korean military authorities worry that the North could also launch other short- and medium-range missiles.

Meanwhile, the Japanese government instructed the Self-Defense Forces to get ready to intercept any North Korean missiles. The U.S. is also getting ready to intercept any missiles that head toward its base in Guam.
Japanese PAC-3s are on show at the Defense Ministry in Tokyo on Tuesday. /Reuters-Newsis Japanese PAC-3s are on show at the Defense Ministry in Tokyo on Tuesday. /Reuters-Newsis

"We've discovered that the North finished preparations to launch two Musudan missiles after moving them to an area near Wonsan by train from Jamjin Missile Plant in Nampo last week," a government source in Seoul said Tuesday. "They seem to be ready for launch four to six hours after being injected with liquid fuel."

The Musudan missiles have a range of 3,000 to 4,000 km.

At the moment, the Navy has dispatched two Aegis destroyers to the East Sea to track North Korean missiles.
Read this article in Korean
[email protected] / Apr. 10, 2013 09:34 KST
Related Articles

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
And this one saying it might be Japan that gets hit www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link

N.Korea:Japan will be battlefield if it starts war

North Korea has stepped up its provocative rhetoric against Japan, warning that the entire country will turn into a battlefield if Tokyo ignites a war.

The Wednesday edition of the ruling Workers' Party newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, ran a commentary warning that Japan's hostile policies against North Korea will only bring devastation to the country.

The commentary said Japan is located close to North Korea and thus cannot avoid being the target of retaliatory attacks.

It listed 5 Japanese cities -- Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Nagoya and Kyoto -- and said about one-third of the Japanese population lives in those cities.

It went on to say that this means Japan's war endurance capacity could be lost in a single stroke.

The commentary added that if Japan ignites a war, the entire Japanese archipelago will turn into a battlefield.

The threat appears to reflect the North Korean leadership's frustration over Japan's close coordination with the US and the 2 countries' strengthening of sanctions against Pyongyang.

Last week, North Korean authorities named Yokosuka, Misawa and Okinawa -- Japanese areas hosting US military bases -- as possible targets of missile attacks.

Pyongyang also said on Monday that the US military in Japan is included in North Korea's potential targets.

Apr. 10, 2013 - Updated 03:00 UTC
well it seems Un might have his battle field pin yet. Kim pan head , I like nukes that I went to war to have , Jong Un , you just might have wakened the sleeping Tiger to eat your baking puppy arse. Just one person's view

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This link has to many to post english.yonhapnews.co.kr... looking for other links to post as it happens front row seat, Better than showtime HBO, this is real anyone got vids to post?? live cam of japan?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'll just say this. Japan is holding one of the largest secrets ever kept.
They could rival or even exceed Russia or the US in nuclear capability
if they really wanted to.

They have enough material for several thousand bombs/warheads.
The question is, have they covertly utilized any of their stockpile?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BalderAsir

I am really starting to wonder about this idiot. Something is very wrong with this picture and no amount of messing with the dial is making it clear.

I believe we have reached the point of no return and he has to act to stay in power or he will look weak to his people. I believe the generals are running this show and they want war.

I hope the higher ups in the US are thinking along the same lines. This is not normal NK crap this time it just might be the real thing. If I was making the calls I would be on high alert.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

that is a good question with no answer, Japan does have enough of a nuke stock pile to build them, but i do not think they would. Treaty's and being the only nation, to see first hand, the after effects.

new topics

top topics

join