It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I am Ashamed to be a Member of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Respect? For what? Causing death to thousands of people? Stealing the poor to give to the rich? Being a human being?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Good on you for starting this thread. I agree.

One thing that sets humans apart from animals is our respect for the dead.

ATS is a Goldmine.

But it's sometimes hard to filter out the dirt, when it comes to such polarizing subjects.

We are not here to hate, but to discuss.

Tfw.

edit on 8/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: A single interaction can have multiple interpretations.

link   

I really don't see why you would be ashamed to be an ATS member it's not like it's a selective membership process any jackwagon with an internet connection can become a member. Therefor it's a broad user base, of course there are going to be people here you wouldn't be associated with...

No need to be such a drama queen, don't like what someone says? Refute it, or leave it alone, not like anyone posts here are going to change the world. No need to be ashamed. I'm not ashamed and people post straight out lies here all the time.

link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
I'm sorry (I'm not) I have seen no proof that she was human, and therefore can feel no compassion - as if a pigeon had fallen from the sky, if you will - There is a party in town right now so I'm heading there to celebrate with the hundreds of others, this is a great day, you just have to accept that many people feel this way, it's no reason to be ashamed of a web site, is it really?

to start saying she wasn't "human" or can feel "no compassion" is beyond ridiculous- says more about you.

The fact that you feel no shame puts you in the category you are trying to place Thatcher, I would say more, but it is the internet, I'll only get banned

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

She was also an old snob! Her accent and stiff upper lip, even the way she moved and held her head up while walking, were well practiced as she tried to be something she just wasn't. At least this is what the public got to see. No doubt when with her family she was a different person altogether and was a good mother and grandmother, but as far as I'm concerned she was still an old snob! I never liked the woman, and now that she's dead, I still don't like her! If I didn't respect her when she was alive, why should I respect her now?

This is a great site for discussion as well as learning, and if folk voice opinions that upset you to the point where you feel ashamed, why don't you just quit?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Everyone will have opinions. M. Thatcher was a polarizing leader, to be sure. Not everything will be liked, lauded or appreciated on ATS.

I commend your attitude, but must allow for everyone else's.

Regards

As I have said before on this thread I have no problem what so ever with people expressing a valid opinion, I won’t be mourning her death or losing any sleep over her passing.

But there is a whole world of a difference between stating a valid opinion and vulgarity, saying “rust in hell” or “she should have been hanged” is not in my view a socially acceptable opinion. You wouldn’t walk down to your local cemetery find some random funeral procession and walk up to the widow and say “I hope your wife burns in hell, I would have had her hung”. Why? Because it is not socially acceptable and I know that is a bit of a extreme example but if a member of the Thatcher family was reading some of these comments that’s how it would come across. Furthermore just because we can hide behind the anonymity of the internet in my mind does not excuse a total disrespect for life and its passing regardless of who we are talking about.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It’s not just ATS to be fair, the mass of sheeple on my Facebook and Twitter done the same but I honestly expected more of my fellow members of ATS.

People have different opinions and different experiences of her time in power than you do , if it upsets you don't read it .
Thatcher was a divisive character who hurt a lot of people , her passing was always going to bring passionate responses and it surprises me not the vitriol that has been posted today .... She earned it .

edit on 8-4-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Open your eyes, man. Just cause she was intelligent doesn't mean she was a snob!

Watch how she predicts the present situation in the Eurozone!

Don't believe the hype.

Deny Ignorance.

edit on 8/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

All true. But hiding behind the internet is what people do all too often.

People have every right to be as low as they wish. It just makes those who stand up, stand out.

Now that being said, I am one who can hardly comment on those who disparage Thatcher. I'm far from innocent myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

She was also an old snob! Her accent and stiff upper lip, even the way she moved and held her head up while walking, were well practiced as she tried to be something she just wasn't

She was a snob, she had an post accent and walked with her head up.

Let me tell you something when I was at school, even right up to university I was called “posh boy” why, because of my accent despite the fact that I lived in a rundown council estate my accent was just a gift from my mother and father. I also walk with my head up, its called good posture.

Really judging someone on their accent and tilt of the head really very unwise.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

but I honestly expected more of my fellow members of ATS.

Why

Yeah, why?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I've never heard of this lady until today (hooray for US isolationism, huh?), but from what little bit I've read of her, I have to wonder why anyone should be surprised at the widespread happiness and relief at the fact that she's gone.

I'm not. I'm sure politicians such as that would have shown no more respect to the people they rule over. They get their precious money. There's actually a subtle element of karmic revenge in the fact that in death, they don't get to take any of that wealth with them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Bus stop rat bag, ha ha charade you are.
You ****** up old hag, ha ha charade you are.
You radiate cold shafts of broken glass.
You're nearly a good laugh, Almost worth a quick grin.
You like the feel of steel, You're hot stuff with a hatpin,
And good fun with a hand gun. You're nearly a laugh,
You're nearly a laugh But you're really a cry.

Pink Floyd - "Pigs (Three Different Ones)"

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well it's the internet and the most vocal are not the most normal. HTH

link   
Discussing about war and invasion and conspiracy makes people a little cruel.

But , I think that fair comments with logic and evidence should not be taken as idiotic disrespect.

ATS is like other places on earth . It gives more courage to people to be rude and irrational because it is virtual.

Today, I am Ashamed to be a Member of ATS

honestly , Just today ?
edit on 8-4-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

link   
I see "both sides of the coin" here, even though I'm an American. On one hand, it seems in poor taste to revile a dead person. On the other hand, from what I have gathered from ATS, she caused a great deal of damage with her policies and probably didn't have to suffer for any of it. Where is justice in this scenario??

I'm reminded of my old man, always saying that he was going to piss on Richard Nixon's grave when old tricky Dick died. When Nixon actually died, my father was in a neuro ward due to a traumatic brain injury from a car accident. He had a catheter bag, and I seriously thought about taking its contents to Yorba Linda, CA to honor his wish.

But then I realized, old Nixon's cold in the ground, and my father soon followed. Death is the great equalizer, is it not? I figured, if dad was still angry at Nixon after death, he could flip him the bird as he passed overhead.

As far as being ashamed of members of ATS, perhaps you need to step back and realize that this intense anger has to come from somewhere. Anybody who's family was destroyed by this woman's politics, and never got justice for it, perhaps has a right to be angry. Some people are open in their expression of hatred, while others keep a lid on it. Sometimes a little understanding goes a long way.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Why not, why should I not log on to ATS with the expectation that people with behave and voice their opinions with civility, its what the T&C’s are for after all.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It was a sad news and let her rest in peace. To me she presented the good ol England, when she stand there as a prime minister, Great Britain was still on its own feets and had a policy which was for benefit of the people of England, ever after her political career England as well rest of the Europe has gone downhill. Countries needs strong people with stong opinions and backbone and she had all.

Here is a lot young people who have no experience of that time and only thing they know is the weak puppet leaders which has turnt the World in turmoil.. they just dont know better.

Im not from England but visited there several times.. over the years. Seen the difference !
edit on 8-4-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Anybody who's family was destroyed by this woman's politics, and never got justice for it, perhaps has a right to be angry. Some people are open in their expression of hatred, while others keep a lid on it

I keep having to bring this up, but I was brought up under thatcher her policies in Scotland drove my family into poverty during the 1980’s.

I have no issue with anyone making a valid point or stating a valid opinion but in my view dancing on her grave is not a valid opinion its just sick and shows a utter lack of compassion and regard for the value of human life.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Then let the mods handle it.

Still I wouldn't feel ashamed. (just a note, I don't condone talking ill/good about her just that I wouldn't be ashamed for the actions of others. That's just silly and dramatica.)
edit on 8-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join