It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goddess Banned for Trolling...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'll begin with a quote from this book regarding Inanna the Sumerian Goddess

Innana-Ishtar as Paradox

"You have thrown into confusion those threads which have been ordered..
You organize those threads which bring confusion.

Inanna, you have destroyed what should not have been destroyed,
You have made what should not have been made."

Words spoken by Enki to Innana, gently pointing out her tendency toward trolling.

In this thread i would like to consider her behaviour in these regards, and also investigate the conspiracy to ban her on a permenant basis due to her trolling...when, where and by whom...and whether this was wise or just.

In order to establish her behavioural patterns i'll quote Inanna-Ishtar as Paradox and a Coincidence of Opposites by Pikvah Harris.

" Inanna-Ishtar was a paradox; that is, she embodied with herself polarities and contraries, and thereby she transcended them. She was, to put it somewhat differently, a deity who incorporated fundamental and irreducible paradoxes. She represented both order and disorder, structure and anti-structure. In her psychological traits and behavior she confounded and confused normative categories and boundaries

In short she couldn't help herself, it was her contrary nature...

Inanna as a definitively ambiguous character who "belongs to more than one domain at a time and will not fix [her] identity in any one member of this set of domains. [She] is both this and that."

Inanna as a mediator between the domains, Heaven, the mundane world and the netherworld

"[n her own person she] attests to the coincidentia oppositorum that challenge the hierarchies and rules of the public masculine world, reintroducing into it confusions, conflicts, tensions, and ambiguities, insisting always on the more complex nature of life than masculine aspirations would allow."
"Inanna-Ishtar is both male and female. Over and over the texts juxtapose the masculine and feminine traits and behavior of the goddess. She can be bother compassionate, supportive, and nurturing and assertive, aggressive and strong-willed. In short, she breaks the boundaries between the sexes by embodying both femaleness and maleness

...the androgyny of Inanna also manifests itself in the transvestitism of her cult personnel and adds "Mesopotamians believed that the transforming of men into women and women into men through the frightening power of the goddess was done "in order to teach the people religious fear."

" Inanna-Ishtar shatters the boundaries that differentiate the species, those between divine and human, divine and animal, human and animal.

"The Strange opacity of certain empirical events, the dumb senselessness of intense or inexorable pain, and the enigmatic unaccountability of gross iniquity all raise the uncomfortable suspicion that perhaps the world, and hence man's life in the world, has no genuine order at all - no empirical regularity, no form, no moral coherence.

In summary, Inana was a recipe for anarchy on a cosmic scale, she simply recognised no boundaries and was given towards undermining anything and everything, she moved freely between the Earth, Heavens and Underworld, blurred distinctions in gender and species, and generally made a mockery of all rules and regulations.

Nor did she see any boundaries as constraining the expansion of her interests, she took control of the Heavens from Anu, tricked Enki out of all his Mes tablets which were seals that granted rights and authority in all aspects of Divine and Human affairs, and became the supreme Near Eastern Deity.

The heavens are mine and the earth is mine: I am heroic! In Unug the E-ana is mine, in Zabalam the Giguna is mine, in Nibru the Dur-an-ki is mine, in Urim the E-Dilmuna is mine, in Ĝirsu the Ešdam-kug is mine, in Adab the E-šara is mine, in Kiš the Ḫursaĝ-kalama is mine, in Kisiga the Amaš-kuga is mine, in Akšak the Anzagar is mine, in Umma the Ibgal is mine, in Agade the Ulmaš is mine. Which god compares with me?

Whether by scheming or screaming she always got her own way...

42-45. (Inana speaks "Maybe it will muddy the waters, and will leave gigantic cowpats -- but let my father give me the Bull of Heaven, so I can kill the lord, so I can kill the lord, so I can kill the lord, Lord Gilgameš!"

46-49. Great An replied to holy Inana: "My child, the Bull of Heaven would not have any pasture, as its pasture is on the horizon. Maiden Inana, the Bull of Heaven can only graze where the sun rises. So I cannot give the Bull of Heaven to you!"

50-51. Holy Inana replied to him: "I shall shout, and make my voice reach heaven and earth!"

52-54. [He was frightened, he was frightened. [(1 ms. adds here …… was frightened of Inana.] Great An replied to holy Inana: "I shall give her the Bull of Heaven."]

Her power was such that it was considered that she could even cause the dead to return;

28 To bring back her worshipper from the grave,
29 No one [but she] is able.
30 To bring the dead to life, to ..[.] the pit(?)
31 No one [but she] is able.
32 To give long life to him that hears her,
33 No one [but she] is able.
34 [ . ] .... [...] to act without realizing it,
35 No one [but she] is able.
36 Ištar controls the [..]. regulations of land and peoples.
37 She has brought everything that exists to completion,
38 Has perfected the rites, has achieved mastery of all things.

So were did it all go wrong...???...was it simply a case of the people losing faith and interest in her cult, or was there conspiracy against her.

Here's a tradition that might give some insight;

Many Biblical scholars and theologians point out that although Rome was the prevailing pagan power in the 1st century when the Book of Revelation was written, the symbolism of the whore of Babylon refers not to an invading infidel of foreign power, but to an apostate false queen, a former "bride" who has been unfaithful and who, even though she has been divorced and cast out because of unfaithfulness, continues to falsely claim to be the "queen" of the spiritual realm

en.wikipedia.org...

Inana had seven names, she passed through seven stages in entering into the Underworld accompanied by seven demons, and was seen as wearing seven sacred aspects of clothing;

1. The SHU.GAR.RA she put on her head.
2. "Measuring pendants," on her ears.
3. Chains of small blue stones, around her neck.
4. Twin "stones," on her shoulders.
5. A golden cylinder, in her hands.
6. Straps, clasping her breast.
7. The PALA garment, clothed around her body.

An appearance then denigrated to the 'Whore of Babylon', but still insistent on her former status, what had happened in the interim between this passage being written and the height of her cult?

The ones who effectively ended her influence in the Near East were the Aryan rulers of Persia, the Achaemenid Empire, with the Jewish Temple scribes of Jerusalem playing a supporting role.

The Persian Dynasty eventually adopted the cult of Ahura Mazda, Zoroastrianism, which is based on absolute principles and boundaries understood as truth, anything seen outside of this as lie, a study in white and black, with no place for any questioning Goddess.

The Jews were fully supportive of the reformation of the Aryan rulers of Babylon, to the extent that Cyrus the Great was understood as a Messiah, annointed one, of YHWH.

edit on 8-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It was only the Persian rulers of the Near East that had the capacity to move against the cult of Inana-Ishtar, not by direct suppresion and persecution, but by adopting and promoting an ideology in which her Divine aspects were anathema.

A critical point is seen in the biblical book of Esthar were,

King Ahasuerus held a 180-day feast in Susa (Shoushan). While in "high spirits" from the wine, he ordered his queen, Vashti, to appear before him and his guests to display her beauty. But when the attendants delivered the king's command to Queen Vashti, she refused to come. Furious at her refusal to obey, the king asked his wise men what should be done. One of them said that all the women in the empire would hear that "The King Xerxes commanded Vashti the queen to be brought in before him, but she came not." Then the women of the empire would despise their husbands. And this would cause many problems in the kingdom. Therefore it would be good to depose her

Here Queen Vashti is seen to be doing what she wants when she wants, probably a High Priestess of the cult of Ishtar, the King decides enough is enough and it is the Jews who provide a suitable alternative in the form of Esthar.

To all appearances this Esthar is an aspect of Ishtar;

;An alternative view is that Esther is derived from the theonym Ishtar. The Book of Daniel provides accounts of Jews in exile being assigned names relating to Babylonian gods and "Mordecai" is understood to mean servant of Marduk, a Babylonian god. "Esther" may have been a different Hebrew interpretation from the Proto-Semitic root "*?aθtar- 'morning/evening star'", which descended with the /th/ into the Ugaritic Athtiratu[7] and Arabian Athtar.

But she is serving the interests of the Jewish people and conspires to bring about the death of their opponents.

The point then is that the old ways of the cult of the Goddess were no longer tolerated, she was put aside, divorced, replaced by the tradition of the Masculine Absolute.

Thus says Yahweh to his anointed, to Cyrus, whom he has taken by his right hand to subdue nations before him and strip the loins of kings, to force gateways before him that their gates be closed no more: I will go before you levelling the heights. I will shatter the bronze gateways, smash the iron bars. I will give you the hidden treasures, the secret hoards, that you may know that I am Yahweh.
Isaiah, in Isaiah 45: 1-3

I am Cyrus, king of the world, great king, mighty king, king of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad, king of the four quarters, the son of Cambyses, great king, king of Anšan, grandson of Cyrus, great king, king of Anšan, descendant of Teispes, great king, king of Anšan, of an eternal line of kingship, whose rule Bêl and Nabu love, whose kingship they desire fot their hearts' pleasure. When I entered Babylon in a peaceful manner, I took up my lordly abode in the royal palace amidst rejoicing and happiness. Marduk, the great lord, established as his fate for me a magnanimous heart of one who loves Babylon, and I daily attended to his worship."

To be fair to Cyrus and the Persian Kings if you're overseeing a mighty empire you don't want someone around who enjoys messing with boundaries who thinks rules are just there to be broken, examples must be set and order maintained.

So thus spoke Zarathustra and that was that for Holy Inana, the same trick was pulled by the Protestant Free Masons during the reformation in order to counter Queen of Heaven revivalism...the real question i suppose is who was Zarathustra and who put him up to it...this still remains unclear.

A final consideration then, were they best rid of her and her crazy antics...?

There is a certain sense of security that can be obtained from an understanding of fixed laws and standards, truths that seem apparent, boundaries that should not be crossed, and Divinities are expected to be examplars of
such given roles and functions.

With Inana there is sensuality, romance, transgression, danger, death, visits to the Underworld are simply an occupational hazard, were nothing is certain, and the only way is the will...but never a dull moment.

36 Songs to her are sweet, it is great to honour her.
37 the Queen-of-Nippur, she is lofty and she is queen,
38 Songs to her are sweet, it is great to honour her.
39 Who is so honoured as the Queen of Nippur, their deity?
40 The Igigi have proclaimed her seven names.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2013 by jazzguy because: sorry i was trolling

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Post removed by user...
edit on 8-4-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
do you think that, allegorically speaking, that the seven spirits that jesus removed from mary magdalene were the same as those of ishtar?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Alright i changed things a little to help you...

reply to post by tinhattribunal

Yes absolutely, what i'm looking at here is the cult which provided the elements which were re-introduced in the role of Mary Magdalene.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Wow. Well put together. Thinking of her being banned because of her questioning ways never occurred to me; I just always assumed it was because she was a female. It's a great take on it.

There are many contemporary worshipers of Inana and their views are all a bit different from one another as to who she really is. I think most of that is because, the further the patriarchy succeeded, the more that was written to make her appear unwholesome and weak. I think Christians would be the same way if there were no set-in-stone rules as to which books to put in the bible. You would just have a bunch of Christians who read whichever books they saw as most "legit".

Personally, Inanna for me is a very personal figure who is the proto-Goddess in my rituals. I acknowledge other deities, sure, but she is who speaks to me (through Lilitu) when my ears are blessed to listen.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Excellent post.
Strangely enough, I was doing some research on the mother-goddess today. And then this shows up...
Well, thank you. Does this mean she could be considered as to be a trickster character?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You speak of this as if this is a real person, here today, with us.......
And, who, pray tell, do you believe she is.....for we would require an identity if we were to "ban" her......btw, how do you "ban" a goddess, pray tell?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, and is there not a link between her, and Sophia, for Sophia is the bridge between heaven earth and the underworld, the tree of life. The universe matrix means womb, and after spirit children learn freedom, then comes, an end to tryanny, slavery and domination, but freedom and responsibility and Family, Compassion. So Mother's energy. Not matriarchal rule, but Equality, that is the Divine Feminine. All symbolic for we're all supposed to birth these energies and we should find different words that are less sexist.

In any case, think she was opposed to the tryanny and read something, though haven't been able to find it lately, that relates her to a battle with Baal, who is very dark side. If someone else could add to that, or find that information, it would be appreciated.

They make her into the Goddess of Love and War, and those 2 don't go together so I very strongly suspect, if she defeated Baal, she is an Angel, not to be demonized by the annanuki.

She also seems to be the blueprint for GAI, Mother Earth, for going to the underworld to rescue Tammud, reminds me of the story of Ceres and corn maiden Kore, and it was the root of my name so studied up on it a bit.

There is alot of coding and stuff, but feel they may have distorted a real angel, cosmic Et who helped battle some negativity on this planet, but at the same time, not going to go too far into things that I don't know.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Some of them are here, some are musicians and other walks of life. For example, had an experience looking in the eyes of a muscian and knew he was a goddess of old, and that is why some healing occurred for me out of his song, for there was a connection my soul recognizing her, but I also didn't have the actual name, its like the memory veil lifts, and info starts pourign out and then bang, the floodgates close, don't get the details I wanted, but every time I see, I'm looking at him/her, am aware its someone my soul knows that I'm not supposed to name.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Inanna is clearly a trickster figure... a manifestation of the trickster archetype. A universal archetype.

Not an easy thing for a religion to tolerate.

But necessary to tolerate, because that archetype is a part of us all and hence a part of God. Rejecting that archetype or any archetype of the collective unconscious is a recipe for imbalance.

www.amazon.com...

edit on 8-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by tetra50

Some of them are here, some are musicians and other walks of life. For example, had an experience looking in the eyes of a muscian and knew he was a goddess of old, and that is why some healing occurred for me out of his song, for there was a connection my soul recognizing her, but I also didn't have the actual name, its like the memory veil lifts, and info starts pourign out and then bang, the floodgates close, don't get the details I wanted, but every time I see, I'm looking at him/her, am aware its someone my soul knows but I'm supposed to name.

Absolutely. I understand completely what you are saying. However, for the purposes of this thread, the OP is speaking of the goddess in real terms, as one walking among us, whom we could censor, ban, etc.....
in this spirit, was my reply

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't think she's a trickster at all. What think has happened is quite a battle, not all fighting, some of it was letting go, so as not to lower frequency, and being defeated or leaving. But are a lot of demiurge dark hat type ETs and Entities controlling earth and the Good/Equality side, that all ended. Then we have some of Freedom and Loving Light Workers being demonized and contorted. Lesser negative beings take on persona's and names that are similar, they're the tricksters. So its best not to get into this beyond the God/Goodness/Good Family, Love/Peace true Higher Ups and have faith in Love, for its the winning side beyond this illusion.

This actually a story concernig ET.

www.philvaz.com...

Just as Sumar and the literal translation of the bible is.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I don't think she's a trickster at all. What think has happened is quite a battle, not all fighting, some of it was letting go, so as not to lower frequency, and being defeated or leaving. But are a lot of demiurge dark hat type ETs and Entities controlling earth and the Good/Equality side, that all ended. Then we have some of Freedom and Loving Light Workers being demonized and contorted. Lesser negative beings take on persona's and names that are similar, they're the tricksters. So its best not to get into this beyond the God/Goodness/Good Family, Love/Peace true Higher Ups and have faith in Love, for its the winning side beyond this illusion.

You speak truth here. For love is the only engine of survival, and I have borrowed that from a lyricist. However, it applies here. But a caution contained therein: many wear a mask and love may appear to be so, but behind the mask is anything but......

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I don't think she's a trickster at all.

She is. Trickster figures in religion and myth are a constellation of characteristics. No two are exactly alike. Yet they are universal.

Some primary characteristics are boundary crossing and blurred distinctions. From a Jungian comparative perspective she clearly embodies the archetype of the trickster. Tricksters are anti-structure. Religions are pro-structure. Without tension between structure and anti-structure there is no evolution. Only stagnation.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

That is because they obscured ufology, the constant changing of reigns between Love and Power Lovers, Good and Evil, due to a planets overall frequency. Its all obscured.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Also one has to be worried if someone comes and presents themselves to you, as many do seek for answers and dabble in things they shouldn't be, occult practices, and in the end, unless your own actual memories flow back, and you know, people are accepting things they shouldn't be. This is what the leaders have been doing for thousands of years, buying Legions distorted versions of truth and what the universe is about. So they believe in a natural order, the strong using the weak, and yet, this is just a testing ground, or a better term is a practicum to grow in. We gain through experience, soul growth. Its not exactly a test, and then its pencils down, more an opportunity to grow in.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Tricksters are not evil, nor are they good.

As soon as you think you can label a trickster as one or another of any pair of opposites (for example good and evil), you've fallen into a kind of trap. The same trap that many UFOlogists have fallen into.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

How this Goddess was banished i explained, you idealize a system of Theological thought in which she can play no part, that was Zoroastrianism with support from the Cult of YHWH.

In effect you change the rules of the game, to extend the message board analogy you make very strict terms and conditions regarding the content and conditions under which posts will be accepted, and this rules out certain types of posters and subject matter...thankfully that's not ATS.

Of course these spiritual qualities are still around and alive and kicking, incarnate within many to differing degrees...so yes she is still here.

reply to post by pica13pica

To some extent she fulfills the role that many trickster characters play, in driving change, but that change is generally to advance her own influence and not simply to act as a catalyst in the greater scheme of things.

reply to post by Unity_99

Sophia as wisdom is to some extent an attempt at reconciliation between perceived gender roles at the level of Divine Creation, but i don't believe that wisdom was formulated as inclusive of Inanna, but rather accomodates an eternal yet innate first state Mother Goddess, passive yet productive.

<<   2  3 >>

join