It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small humanoid creature photographed at Texas gas plant

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Looks like a hoax. The face looks like one of those grey alien masks turned sideways when you zoom in. With that said it is a very good hoax. Either that or a bipedal raccoon that had its face messed up.

I think it's a cross between a hoax and maybe some strange artifacts or shadows that 'showed up' on the photo. If someone saw some 'creature' walking around why only the one photo? Most phones, cameras, etc now allow for more than a single image, where are the shadows?
I really don't think this was worth posting in the first place as there are too many explainable things this could be besides some sort of 'small humanoid'!
Maybe it's time to move it to the hoax thread?
edit on 8-4-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Thanks. Everyone loves a good juice now and again.

Great theories. Going with hoax or something quite ordinary being misperceived.

Though an inept, poorly camouflaged ET sounds good too, every society must have morons right?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's hard to tell because of the picture quality.
Looks like the scaffolding or whatever it is makes shadows but the creature doesn't. So it looks as though it was added to the photo.

If it is a creature, it looks like it has a tail.

Can't really tell how tall it is without scale or any reference to determine size.

Looks like a kid but why would a kid be wandering around at 3 am?

I'm not convinced its an alien or humanoid.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Ok here we are. In this picture the red circle is the jack and base collar. The base collar is optional, the jack is not. The jack is adjustable in height to help level the scaffold. By code the jack is not supposed to exceed 12 inches raised height. On this scaffold in the foreground the jack and base collar add in the neighborhood of 1ft to the starting height of the leg. The blue lines indicate the location of the rings on the leg. there is a horizontal component at the 4th ring. It is a rule of thumb to have horizontals at every 4th ring minimum.

Having learned this now on to picture 2.

There is another scaffold a few feet behind the "being". The red line is a cross brace. The yellow line, the leg. The blue lines, again represent the ring locations. The green circle is the 4th ring with the horizontal attatched. The only thing in question in my mind is how high the base collar/jack combination is on this particular scaffold as it is blocked from view. Hope this makes it more clear for you. 8+ years of scaffold building under my belt makes this easy to identify since I see these things on a daily basis.
edit on 8-4-2013 by sdot_thadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sdot_thadon

We all appreciate the effort you put into having some standard measurement for this thing, but I think its time you had a Snickers... other candy bars are available.

With that said, I still stand by my call that it is a hoax likely by someone with graphic design experience. Just look at the head and you will realize it seems almost, pasted, on.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What a crazy picture. I wish the quality was a little better. I have to go back and read the rest of the thread to see some of the conclusions that are being drawn. I feel sometimes when we see something like this we always want to easily write it off as a hoax. Usually that is the case however once in a while people do stumble across something completely unexplainable.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by elevenaugust

That original thread was mine...

I'm not saying the creature in those pictures is an alien, but, I do find it hard to believe a dog is walking so awkwardly trying to keep up to a horse.

Watch a dog trot, their knee bends strait back. I just find it a large stretch to believ that a dog is bending that way while walking....

Pred...

so you find it hard to beleive its a dog, but you think its probable that its some kind of unidentified criptid? is that what your saying? its more likey to be some kind of mysterious unidentified cryptid, and not as likely to just be a dog follwing a horse, based on your expert analysis?

if you say so

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
on another note, stop flagging the utter BS people just because you peek in to see something doesnt mean it auto gets a star and flag. this is how the complete $%^& keeps ending up as front page news.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
First of the North Korean Infiltrators

Short, obviously stole it's clothes off wash line at local trailer park and scares the hell out of Americans for no reason so it must be.....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I can't believe people are seriously discussing if this could be real.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Nice photoshop

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Even in the days before photoshop this could be done.

I think we have discovered all the creatures on earth by now.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
reply to post by sdot_thadon

We all appreciate the effort you put into having some standard measurement for this thing, but I think its time you had a Snickers... other candy bars are available.

With that said, I still stand by my call that it is a hoax likely by someone with graphic design experience. Just look at the head and you will realize it seems almost, pasted, on.

I appreciate your concern, only took a couple of minutes and a smartphone to add some actual data to the discussion instead of knee jerk hoax reactions. Which, I might add is far more likely than it being something of significance. Was just helping some swamp gas style claims be ushered out of the topic. As far as photoshopping is concerned, could be but again who knows anything for certain. My guess is it is a small animal, I've seen raccoons inside plants plenty of times and they have done a bunch of human-esque things. So standing on its hind legs isn't an impossible mission.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Even in the days before photoshop this could be done.

I think we have discovered all the creatures on earth by now.

Ummm...with the possible exception of

"Can I have the envelope please?"

So, what do you think?

How many species were identified in 2009?

(drum roll)

...of which only 41 were mammals!

All total, between 2000-2009, there were 176,311 newly discovered species.

Here's the source...New species discovered...

Pretty cool Huh? Just goes to show that there...IS..."something new to be drempt of in your philosophy...Horatio"...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The fact that this was seen at 3am and their were UFO sightings that night suggests to me that this is of demonic origin. But then again their is always the possibility of it being a hoax.
edit on 9-4-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

The fact that this was seen at 3am and their were UFO sightings that night suggests to me that this is of demonic origin.
Is that really a fact though?
Or is it just something that a nameless faceless stranger has allegedly said?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Originally posted by wulff

You didn't specifically ASK a question but you directed the issue about the validity of the information.
Not even close. If you had actually taken the time to read my posts in this thread, you would see just how ridiculous that statement really is.

But, I have to give you a B+, it looks like you spent a long time dissecting my reply to you.
The sad part is that you actually believe that.

I especially like your statement: "denial of your undeniable inaccuracies" Well, said and a lot of thought went into that momentous rebuttal! You sure showed me, I am humbled by your reply!
You have proven that remark to be accurate.

Your attempts thus far have been extremely weak, and quite pathetic. Give it up.

As of now, I am finished with this meaningless off-topic conversation that revolves only around your own misinterpretations of my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Russian midget
edit on 9-4-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
sorry I dont believe in that, it seems fake.. There is also a video on utube, but its old, cant remember how to find it again. If you type on youtube " strange creatures" you may do... The web is filed with little girls dressed spooky.. lol
and the girl does not have a shadow!! what a surprise. That also means, it is not a creature, or alien... Forgive me if I say that its more like copy pasted... is it digital or film? havent read all the pages though. If its digital the file is in jpg or raw?
edit on 9-4-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join