It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I changed my mind..Especially with Pharamacy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You know,

I took classes to be in pharmacy but I never realized the [plain and simple] the chit these people go through. And after covering for them, I'm not going to bother to pursue that career.

I clearly understand that you don't want to wait an hour or two days to get your medication. Because I myself, have waited for over 6 hours to get mine.

But some don't understand.

"With their need to have it now".!! Attitudes...

Is that everything has to pass through the pharmacist to make sure you get the correct medication. You keep [playing the High blood pressure moment], their libel to slip up and give you the wrong medication.

But, Hey if that's what you want.

I'm not going to jail for you.

You want to act all crazy and demanding, be my guest.

But YOUR LIFE is on the line and I understand it is frustrating. But if you have adverse reaction due to a screw up because you want to pressure people that put the pharmacist and the Technician libel for their actions.

So be it.

You have no one to blame but yourself.

I've been there.

The next time you go to a pharmacy and that line is behind, please think about what you're about to say to the person that is going to help you.

Everything has to be cleared by the pharmacist. Not the pharmacist tech, Not the cashier dealing with you.

That's, why it takes so long.

Please have some patience.

You people can be ruthless sometimes. And, I understand your position. But, there is no need for going half cocked on the person who can't get your medication right then and right now.

We are all one person. One person can't make miracles, but we do try.

Ugh.

Today, was a bad day.

Felt like it anyway.

I probably should of put this in rant..

edit on 5-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Ugh. Today, was a bad day.

I bet tomorrow will be better.

/hug
edit on 5-4-2013 by DeliberatusImmemor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Today, was a bad day.

Don't give up.
I mean do what you want but don't allow a few peckerheads decide.

I've worked in maintenance for a hospital, what a horrible experience. I quit and I don't regret it but that's not the point.

Think it through and take it easy.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Pharmacy is a customer service job. Yeah, it might take a little more know how, but you have to deal with the public. It's not easy to deal with customers no matter if you work at McDonald's or BOA. People can be complete jerks no matter what field you work in. Think about this.

Pharmacy people make a good deal of money from what I understand. Don't let a good position be spoiled by ranting customers. Customers can be totally unrealistic in any environment. You need to learn how to deal with people and take control of people.

If your a behind the scene type of person and xenophobic, I would say....take a job as an accountant.

Best wishes.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can't disclose, but I was helping out in the section, and this person was like, why?? was I even there?

Nobody has trained me on the computers.

I don't work there.

What do you want me to tell you?

I am trying to pass everyone through quickly.

But, no, she holds up the line, making it even longer, pissing everyone else off.

And I hand her off to the pharmacist.

But, it's my fault.

Because of yesterday, when I wasn't even there.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What's funny, Pharmacy doesn't realize I have taken the classes.

I just need my state exam.

But, I'm just back up.

After tonight, not sure if I want too.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Call upon your inner manhater and don't take any guff. LOL. Your venting and any reasonable person can understand your angst. Stay on your path, vent and don't let the little things in life bother you so much. You can only do so much. Find a mentor at work to help you through. It will change your perspective.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Are you THAT disillusioned that you'd back away from a career path you're already at the end of for initial investment and training? I hadn't realized Pharmacist was what you'd been studying for all this time. Maybe you'd mentioned it at one point a long time back and I just forgot entirely.

It sounds like the overall experience has really burned you out badly. Ouch... What does a Pharmacist make anyway? Is it worth the cost and effort + liability and endless paperwork is what I'd wonder? I understand a lot of jobs are facing the reality of reduced salaries into the future while, of course, student debt won't drop accordingly or anything. That could be a tight crack to end up on?
edit on 5-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

I'm still waiting for my raise.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Pharmacists make something like70,000-90,000 a year to start. More than engineers start at, I know... but not by that much.
edit on 4/5/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I switched degrees.

To something not as liable.

I'm not stupid, but I may be dumb.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

Pharmacists make something like70,000-90,000 a year to start. More than engineers start at, I know... but not by that much.
edit on 4/5/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

Pharmacists...Maybe...

Not the technician's bailing you out.

And the technicians are libel before the pharmacists are.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Are you going (or were going) to be a Pharmacy Tech. or a Pharmacist?

If Tech, then yikes might not be your cup of tea.

But, as the Pharmacist, you can hide behind those Techs (mostly) and let them deal w/90% + of the customer chit --- muuuhaaahaa!

Either way, cheer up-tomorrow will be better.

eta: just go for the pharmacist route then, you're 1/2 way there and you'll get your pay-backs

edit on 5-4-2013 by watchesfromwall because: saw op post new

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We are all dang it anyways!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

See,

Prime example. Relying on the technician to bail you out.

If a technician gets busted, they will go first. [they had nothing to do with you're medication going wrong] All medications, has to pass through the PHARMACIST, why it went through anyways and met the patient, was under pressure and the blah blah blah. But you got your back up lawyers, to deal you out. Not the technician.

Why put myself through that?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

See,

Prime example. Relying on the technician to bail you out.

If a technician gets busted, they will go first. [they had nothing to do with you're medication going wrong] All medications, has to pass through the PHARMACIST, why it went through anyways and met the patient, was under pressure and the blah blah blah. But you got your back up lawyers, to deal you out. Not the technician.

Why put myself through that?

Don't put yourself through that, dear (unless means to an end)...

You must become the PHARMACIST yourself!!!
DO IT!!! You can!

Sweet revenge

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yeah, after tonight.

I'm not even going bother.

Staying on my CJ Degree.

Staying on my path.

Least I won't have headache afterwords.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Did you get it off your chest manhater? Back to work tomorrow. It's good to let off a little steam in the appropriate place, not at your boss though

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's not the point.

There are only a few pharmacy doctors and techs to deal with the situation.

Not enough to keep it afloat.

If they want to stay afloat, they need to be stern.

And they haven't been.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be called.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The Pharmacist in the local town is way overworked. There are so many people eating meds these days. The pay of the job isn't worth the stress, the pharmacist spends most of her time doing work on the computer and checking the pills that the assistant puts in the bottles. I remember when a pharmacists job was a good job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join