It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US Deployments

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Even with a satellite a carrier group isn't going to be easy to detect. But if you have can limit their area of operations then you can predict about where they're going to be, and make it easier to detect.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jssaylor2007

Canon at one point had the Ravens, before the Air Force got stupid and eliminated the entire EW fleet. They've had quite a few things there at various times through the years.

Ah you mean the F111? That was some time back. We all refer to them as the Aardvark because of the long nose on it. My flight instructor piloted F111s in the Navy, or so he claimed! Dont know which of his stories were worth believing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I saw some movement in Germany 3 or 4 days ago I don't remember.

We have some strict flying rules in Germany, but when I was young we had a lot of US-AF or German Luftwaffe jets flying above our house.. but not for the last 6-7years.

But within this week I have seen a lot of jets flying at low attitudes above my house. I could net see if Germans or Americans, but still pretty high activity. Maybe some movement to Ramstein or something like that.

Just wanted to report that

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

Even with a satellite a carrier group isn't going to be easy to detect. But if you have can limit their area of operations then you can predict about where they're going to be, and make it easier to detect.

Yah, they are only the biggest floating thing in the world. Very ferrous too. Don't nations make it a priority to know where each others carriers are?

At all times? I wouldn't want to be the lowly soni "boy" that reports "losing one".

Besides tracking each others assets the other big expenditure is finding them.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's just it though. They might be the biggest floating thing on the ocean, but you're also looking at a very very big ocean. You're talking about an ocean that is almost 64 million square miles, and finding the Empire State Building, in it. Yes, you're limiting the area you're looking, because they're going to be somewhere near China, but you're still talking about the Empire State Building in several million square miles. Even with a satellite, that's not going to be an easy thing to do.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

You forget sir that if the Chinese were to sell off all our bonds they would not get 100 percent on the dollar and also they in return would get into a depression because no one would buy their goods therefore their people would be out of a job and people would be very angry and the communist party would not like that to happen because that would mean a revolution which something they do not want.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Satellite is just one asset. They are up in space and have once every pass type of observation abilities. It would be good for confirming a submarines reports, however. The satellite could look at the reported activity, whatever it was.

If I was China I would have all my subs out looking. You know as well as I that they are shadowing... monitoring. Thats what subs are for.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sure they are, but again, you have to find them first. That's the hard part, and the sticking point when going after carriers. If you know the area they are in, or going to be in, you have a good chance of finding them. If you don't know where they are, they're much harder to find to begin with. And they have ways of making themselves quieter to sonar, or just outrunning the submarine, and getting lost again.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Here's some info on range I was able to find.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

There were two versions. There was the Aardvark, which was the F/FB-111, and the Raven which was the EF-111, electronic warfare variant. Canon had F-111s and EF-111s in the late 80s.

EF-111

I wouldn't listen to that version. The F-111 was originally built for the Navy, but they didn't buy any. They got the F-14 instead of the F-111, and the Air Force got the 'varks.
edit on 4/6/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks, that matches up pretty nicely with what I've heard from multiple sources. They can hit Alaska and Hawaii (interestingly Alaska is closer to Hawaii), but that's about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

And they have ways of making themselves quieter to sonar, or just outrunning the submarine, and getting lost again.

Typically subs (plural) operate in groups to prevent that. One handing off to the next, waiting in the wings. It might be easier to hide from sonar and such, but not from periscopes and two way radios.

edit on 6-4-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Periscopes yes, but if a sub uses a radio, they might as well put up a giant "HERE I AM!" neon sign. That's why they use ELF to talk to them, so they can stay submerged, and not use radio, which is very easy to detect. Yeah, you'll know where the carrier is, and have a shot at hitting her, but you're going to lose your subs chasing her, which might come in useful later on in the war.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ok so....

I'm looking at Anderson AFB on Google Earth.

I'm NOT saying that I'm seeing everything. However I am having a really hard time finding anything that isn't munitions storage and airstrips.

I'm seeing lots of silo- "ish" shapes but they all have large bombers or recon planes blocking the, what would be, top of any silo. Similar to NIKE sites I've seen at Loring AFB.

Mind you, I've seen the large munitions storage space in Vieques, PR. I own property there and spent my childhood vacactioning during live constant bombing exercises. With that said, not hard to tell munitions storage vs silos/missile defense via sat images.

Can anyone point me towards any sort of proof we actually have ANY missile defense system currently in Guam or on Wake island?

-Be Love

edit on 6-4-2013 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

We don't yet. THAAD is a mobile system that is in the process of being moved to Anderson. It will take up to three weeks to be in place, but I have a feeling it will be much faster from a few things I heard today.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

All this Mumbo Jumbo talk about what equipment we have and capabilities.
I want to know where our Trident's are. DO we not have a World Destroying Sub laying on the bottom within range?
No- one talks about what we have sitting on the bottom.
Carriers are huge targets and it only takes one Silk Work. Maybe the CSW will functionwhen needed and you'll make it. But I wouldn't trust the CSW.
If the North did manage to launch a missle or two and if these missles were to track to a target we'd shoot the Frak'in thing out of the sky.
Equipment gets moved everyday 24-7.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RevRay

CiWS has been replaced with SeaRam, which is much more capable.

But as for the Tridents you'll never know. There are at least two SSGNs (which are what you want in the area, instead of the Tridents) based in Washington State, which would be in the region.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And nothing on Wake either? Anything offensive?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

The only deployment being made public is the Guam deployment of THAAD. I haven't heard of anything going to Wake or any other island buy Guam.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Nothing "Official".

You are the OP, I looked into both you're sources. Great stuff. I guess everyones questions is where did the Bombers go.

Guam is unconfirmed, in fact, denied.

A comment on one of your sources said Wake was logical....

They took off from TX, asking for Guam weather, and did not land in Guam.

Gotta be Wake.

WTF are 5 B-1's doing sitting on a strip on an atoll between guam and hawaii?

I'm thinking Guam is a #show because its within range. So..... We....House the nukes just out of range, nowhere near a high population (eg. Hawaii), and wait for the exact moment to make strategic nuke shots.

Just sayin....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join