It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There obviously going to shoot them off as a test, hoping the USA retaliates.

.. think right, if they were going to strike another nation or US Base, then they would ready a crap load more than 2 missiles. You only need to look at the parades that they have way more than 2 missiles.

if they were going to strike another nation or US base, there isnt much need to move them to the edge of the coastline. Their range is short, but its ample to hit Guam, Japan or Skorea, so shooting them from anywhere in the peninsula is fine, more logical too being they are hidden.

The question is, when they shoot them into the ocean, will they consider the US shooting the missiles down an attack? or will they again just accept it and continue to bluster?... the question then becomes will the US take the risk and shoot them down at all if they are obviously going to splash in the middle of the ocean?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think America's leaders likely piss off every independent country that doesn't want the American dream.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The question is, when they shoot them into the ocean, will they consider the US shooting the missiles down an attack? or will they again just accept it and continue to bluster?... the question then becomes will the US take the risk and shoot them down at all if they are obviously going to splash in the middle of the ocean?

Will they need to consider it? How much earlier will USA/SK get intelligence of missiles about to be launched? If they get intelligence before they are fired, they would probably know where its going to be fired to (I think?), but if they don't find out beforehand, how quickly can they detect a missile, and how long does it take to launch some sort of counter missile? I mean they probably have the capability to stop a missile before it hits Guam, maybe SK? but if they're only shooting into the ocean...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

What, are you talking about them "targeting" one of the Arleigh Burke destroyers in the area? If so, that's hardly a "pissed off Russia". That used to happen all the time during the Cold War, and worse. It's just a case of the media hyping something routine for a story yet again.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The way I see it, is if NK said it will strike America with a nuclear missile, and NK shoots a missile off, than there is no reason why America can’t return the favor. What would NK do if America said a nuclear attack was imminent? Joking around making threats to kill millions of Americans with a nuclear missile doesn't sit well with me. I say we send a couple duds towards NK. Let that little yoda want-to-be see that we mean business...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The US has moved an RC-135S COBRA BALL aircraft to the region. The RC-135S carries a radar array on the right side of the fuselage capable of tracking ballistic missiles, as well as two camera mounts inside the fuselage.

Notice the black wing on one side. The matte black paint on the wing and engines prevents sun glare from bouncing off the wing up into the camera systems allowing them to take pictures under all light conditions.

They have also moved the USNS Observation Island (T-AGM-23) with the COBRA JUDY phased array system into the area.

Depending on the direction of the launch, the COBRA DANE system in Alaska will also be able to provide data as well as other ground based systems.
edit on 4/5/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

From reading some of your posts and meeting you in a few threads lately, I can tell your someone quite "in the know" if you know what I mean
. I'm just wondering if I can ask how you think the next moves will play out and do you think we are definitely on course for war?.

I hope you don't mind me singling you out, I just prefer the way you present facts with a little personal experience thrown in.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I'm still hoping this can be stopped before it goes too far. I'm betting that this ends one way or another within two weeks. As I've said before, THAAD and the SBX are enroute, and should be there within a week to 10 days I'm betting (THAAD at least, SBX will be there within the next few days).

I'm betting that they allow the launch to go off, depending on where it's going. The problem comes with giving the North a way to get out of this and save face. The South has pretty much painted themselves into a corner with their statement that they will respond to any provocation. So this could easily end badly.

My hope is that someone will find a way to allow the North to do something, allowing them to save face and back away from the precipice. My fear is that someone is going to make a mistake, and it all blows up in everyone's face. Either way though, once THAAD and SBX are in place, the possibility of a mistake goes way up, because suddenly there's a defense system in place.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Dude! What if attacking China was the main goal starting at Operation Desert Storm! Think about it US has been building up military on the other side of China in a pretty sneaky way all throughout the middle east for the last decade, all battle trained and ready! We got China surrounded right now. NK is just another distraction, "one the US's favorite weapons) We are sending all this support over to supposedly monitor NK when the real plan is to invade the Land of the Rising Sun! The US has so many reasons why they would want to do this, they almost need to. If not, what a great movie this would be!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienzombie666
Think about it US has been building up military on the other side of China in a pretty sneaky way

I wonder if it was the US, or someone in a parallel universe maneuvering them into position.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS! North Korea verrryyyy slloowwwllllyyyy rotates its missile launchers towards the US, whilst making a "piew piew" sound. Here pictured is Kim Jong Un scratching his @$$...

And the world trembles with terror!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alienzombie666

Erm, I don't think they're going to invade Japan (The Land of the Rising Sun). That would be a horrible sequel.

As for invading China, don't see it happening. We may bomb the hell out of them eventually, but an invasion would be pure suicide. But right now the military is in a horrible position to do that sort of thing. The ground troops are tired as hell, all the services equipment is wearing out (except the F-22s), the Navy has three carriers of ten currently available or deployed.... Right now any kind of fight we didn't HAVE to do, would be pure suicide.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo
One of the most annoying things I read in the UK newspapers today was the claim made by David Cameron yesterday that North Korea could attack Britain.

The Prime Minister said he knows Communist dictator Kim Jong-un has access to missiles that can hit the UK.

Even though North Korea has nothing in their arsenal that can reach the UK, and China, Russia, and the US are not about to supply long range missiles to Kim Jong-un, this pillock decides to shoot his mouth off anyway.

The Independent

David Cameron provoked surprise today when he claimed that North Korea now possessed the capability to launch a nuclear strike against Britain.

David Cameron is clearly not fit for office and should be step down immediately.

I think the Prime Minister of Britain has better intelligence than you do.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Thanks for the correction sir, I knew there were a few things wrong there I just got a little excited when that fantasy popped into my head. I very rarely reply or post but when I do I get a little stage fright especially seeing how some people get their *sses kicked on here. Its really great seeing the intelligent responses on here though, laterz

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Did I read correctly that the 1,000km short range rocket is called a 'nodong' ?

now thats funnny
edit on 6-4-2013 by hisshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply Zaph , youve actually summed up what i was pretty much thinking. Backing down for Li'l Kim now would surely be as suicidal (to his regime) as it would be to strike first, the manboy must be in a very dark place right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The question is, when they shoot them into the ocean, will they consider the US shooting the missiles down an attack?

Oh my god, LOL, I *love* your question.

OF COURSE they will consider this an attack, that's the reason they do it. Don't you see the game they're playing? They will launch them and force us to shoot them down, then claim it was a test and blame us for having attacked them first.

They will do ANYTHING to make us attack them since their entire "philosophy" is based on the "aggressor USA" while they (of course) are "only acting in defense".

Why do you think they make public silly "attack maps" with missiles pointing to the US and all that game they are playing the last few weeks? The question is..whether we FALL for it. Problem: IF they launch the missiles, we are more or less forced to take them down.

It will become problematic THEN if, say, we shoot those missiles down and NK claims we "needlessly" attacked them first, whether other countries (China etc..) would actually side with them and agree, eg. saying we had no business to shoot down the missiles (attack their missile base etc.) since "it was only a test" and not an aggression on NK's side.

NK will do anything to make us look as the aggressor who strikes first, it's their plan.

edit on 6-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

The question is, when they shoot them into the ocean, will they consider the US shooting the missiles down an attack?

Oh my god, LOL, I *love* your question.

OF COURSE they will consider this an attack, that's the reason they do it. Don't you see the game they're playing? They will launch them and force us to shoot them down, then claim it was a test and blame us for having attacked them first.

They will do ANYTHING to make us attack them since their entire "philosophy" is based on the "aggressor USA" while they (of course) are "only acting in defense".

Why do you think they make public silly "attack maps" with missiles pointing to the US and all that game they are playing the last few weeks? The question is..whether we FALL for it. Problem: IF they launch the missiles, we are more or less forced to take them down.

It will become problematic THEN if, say, we shoot those missiles down and NK claims we "needlessly" attacked them first, whether other countries (China etc..) would actually side with them and agree, eg. saying we had no business to shoot down the missiles (attack their missile base etc.) since "it was only a test" and not an aggression on NK's side.

NK will do anything to make us look as the aggressor who strikes first, it's their plan.

edit on 6-4-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

So do you think NK will actually go into full-scale war? Do you think they have the capabilities to do that?

People seem to think the dictator is an idiot. But they don't take into account everything we hear from there comes through SK and the USA. The leader had to get into the position somehow, and he is running the country. Sure, he may not be doing so well, his population is starving, and he is threatening nuclear war with USA, but would you do any better?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RagnarDanniskjold
I think America's leaders likely piss off every independent country that doesn't want the American dream.

The American nightmare.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Given the nature of the NK regime, I would speculate that the NK military leaders have been reporting to Kim that they can win a war with any country in the world. This has been going on for generations..This is probably true because they might lose their heads (literally) if they show weakness or are deemed incompetent to make it so. I doubt any generals are telling Kim that his military is not up to the task. They would die rather quickly if they did. Russia and China have no doubt clued him in on reality, but he has been brainwashed all his life into believing NK is the greatest military power in the world. There is no telling what he will do.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join