It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama claims Adam Lanza had a FULLY AUTOMATIC WEAPON..............

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This should be interesting once it spreads........the POTUS directly conflicting statements made by the Conn State police.

This was a speech given at a fundraiser in San Francisco Apr 3 2013

www.whitehouse.gov...

Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.

I wonder what kind of statement Lt. Vance will make now........

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think another quote from another idiot says it best.

“There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.” ― Donald Rumsfeld

Our "leaders" are leading us down a dead end road with lies and deceit as the driving force.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess they're going to keep repeating this lie until people just accept it as truth.

I noticed over a week ago our local news was talking about the new release of information concerning Adam Lanza, and the reporter said that Mr. Lanza emptied over 100 rounds from an AR 15 assault rifle into innocent children at Sandy Hook.

My jaw dropped. Didn't they admit, not so long ago, that he did all that shooting with pistols, and the assault rifle was left in the car?

What the heck are they trying to pull here? Such lies, such deception! Obama as a liar is making Bush look like a choir boy.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yes, a liar tells so many lies that he can't keep them straight. Every time I hear a new piece of evidence I just shake my head in disbelief. I know we ATSers catch this stuff but do the masses? Hopefully, this will wake them up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This thread was already posted but I'll use it to repeat my message:

Obama is telling the truth, a fully automatic weapon was used, that would explain the high amount of ammunitions fired, however he is lying by omission by not saying it was a false flag military operation instead of Lanza.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ok. so why are they banning semi autos? they also said that he used a rifle that was licke din the trunk... FALSE FLAG ?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In all fairness to the President, he probably doesn't know one way or another what was used. Hes simply repeating information given to him by a staffer.

Presidents rarely keep up with the daily news themselves and often have people consolidate information for them to save them time. Its not uncommon for someone to pass him the wrong information.

Although the President usually is accurate with the information he receives, I wouldn't assume he actually knows anything about the subject hes talking about.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Although the President usually is accurate with the information he receives, I wouldn't assume he actually knows anything about the subject hes talking about.
reply to post by Hopechest

If that is the case, then he is of absolutely no use whatsoever. We might as well have a robot repeating a recorded message.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

If that is the case, then he is of absolutely no use whatsoever. We might as well have a robot repeating a recorded message.

As for his little comments yes he is basically worthless. The President is the final decision maker however so he does collect all the information, different presidents do it in different ways, and takes that information to decide what to do. That is an important role.

When he comes on television or radio though and speaks about a current event, odds are he was only given the information a couple hours prior in his preparatory notes. He didn't actually research it himself. His staff gathered the information, gave it to his speech writer, which was then checked by his personal aids, such as Axelrod to ensure that what he is about to say doesn't get him into trouble.

Its a lot of filters which is why their information is usually accurate but sometimes misinformation can slip through. Its really not the President speaking however.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

sure ok, i can see that on some instances of breaking tragedies.......

But the man is using this as a platform to launch his gun control measures.....

and hes had MONTHS to do his own research on the damn thing.........

He doesnt have the luxury of having the excuse that it was "breaking information"

If hes using it to push all his guncontrol crap, dont you think he should at least know wtf happened?

No excuses for this man........

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

sure ok, i can see that on some instances of breaking tragedies.......

But the man is using this as a platform to launch his gun control measures.....

and hes had MONTHS to do his own research on the damn thing.........

He doesnt have the luxury of having the excuse that it was "breaking information"

If hes using it to push all his guncontrol crap, dont you think he should at least know wtf happened?

No excuses for this man........

Obama isn't really pushing gun control anymore than he needs to in order to shut his base up. Its never been part of his agenda and you never heard him talk about it until these recent shootings and the left started demanding he take action.

We have mid-terms coming up so Obama has to tow the party line to try and retake the House so he can do the real work he cares about which is wealth re-distribution.

He could care less about gun control or gay marriage. This is just simply from studying him, his speeches, his actions and the legislative moves hes taken in his roughly 5 years as President.

I'm not surprised he doesn't know much about the issue because he is only doing the bare minimum that he needs too.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Obama isn't really pushing gun control anymore than he needs to in order to shut his base up. Its never been part of his agenda and you never heard him talk about it until these recent shootings and the left started demanding he take action.

um ...wrong, youve regurgitated this same line on other threads and have been proven w out a doubt to be wrong..

And now youre trying to do it with me......I watched the whole election process the first and second go round with this guy , from his miraculous "whose this guy" rise , to the nomination....Im quite aware of the issues with him...

And pepole were concerned the FIRST time around with his view on guns, he made it clear then, and hes made it even more clear now........its his MO

The first time around he came bang outa the gate with Obamacare, that was his big thing, and then kept moving on to other things.....

But you see he cant do Obamacare AND the gun control thing in the same 4 years, that would have cost him his second election.......too risky....

So this time BANG outa the gate, he goes for the second big bite....

Its pretty blatant....

The only reason he hadnt done it before was because the timing wasnt right, just like everything else with him.....hes a MASTER at taking advantage of situations, and implementation.......

No offense because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you honestly believe anythin gyou just said in that last post.....

You are SORELY under educated about the policies and direction this president has been headed since day one........
edit on 4-4-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You do realize that a President often pushes more than one piece of his agenda at a time don't you?

Lets see what his priorities were and where gun control fit into it.

First we have healthcare which you mentioned. Nice big plan there, took a lot of his time granted, but he did manage to push some other parts of his agenda,,,,,what were they?

Auto-bailout
Stimulus package
Preventing Arizona from passing immigration reform
Repealing don't ask don't tell
Dealing with the Arab Spring (badly I might add)
Wall Street Reform
Increasing taxes on the rich

Nothing whatsoever about gun control. In fact, the only legislation he signed in his first term actually expanded gun rights.

So far, however, the only legislation the president has signed since he took office in 2008 has expanded gun laws, allowing loaded guns in national parks and unloaded weapons stored in luggage on Amtrak trains.

www.pbs.org...

Now certainly, a President who was serious about gun control would have at least started alluding to the fact that he was going to address the issue at some point. Instead, all we have from him are watered down comments like this:

“The reality of gun ownership may be different for hunters in rural Ohio than they are for those plagued by gang violence in Cleveland, but don’t tell me we can’t uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals,”

www.pbs.org...

Clearly this is a politician trying to play both sides of the aisle without taking a definitive stance on anything. Certainly not something you would hear from someone who was adament about taking away your guns.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You do realize that a President often pushes more than one piece of his agenda at a time don't you? Lets see what his priorities were and where gun control fit into it. First we have healthcare which you mentioned. Nice big plan there, took a lot of his time granted, but he did manage to push some other parts of his agenda,,,,,what were they? Auto-bailout Stimulus package Preventing Arizona from passing immigration reform Repealing don't ask don't tell Dealing with the Arab Spring (badly I might add) Wall Street Reform Increasing taxes on the rich Nothing whatsoever about gun control. In fact, the only legislation he signed in his first term actually expanded gun rights.

Interesting that Obamacare wasnt in there at all and that you totally left out the gun control debate...

Which by the way, whether you believe was part of his agenda or not before IS NOW....so your point is moot.....

P.s.Obamas Gun control stance 2008 election

You try to make it sound like it wasnt an issue with him or it was never part of his stance...........

Again.......you are wrong...........because there was a huge debate about his views on this issue and people were worried THEN about him going for their guns.......

Anyone who paid attention to the 2008 election would remember this..........its clear you did not...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You do realize that a President often pushes more than one piece of his agenda at a time don't you? Lets see what his priorities were and where gun control fit into it. First we have healthcare which you mentioned. Nice big plan there, took a lot of his time granted, but he did manage to push some other parts of his agenda,,,,,what were they? Auto-bailout Stimulus package Preventing Arizona from passing immigration reform Repealing don't ask don't tell Dealing with the Arab Spring (badly I might add) Wall Street Reform Increasing taxes on the rich Nothing whatsoever about gun control. In fact, the only legislation he signed in his first term actually expanded gun rights.

Interesting that Obamacare wasnt in there at all and that you totally left out the gun control debate...

Which by the way, whether you believe was part of his agenda or not before IS NOW....so your point is moot.....

P.s.Obamas Gun control stance 2008 election

You try to make it sound like it wasnt an issue with him or it was never part of his stance...........

Again.......you are wrong...........because there was a huge debate about his views on this issue and people were worried THEN about him going for their guns.......

Anyone who paid attention to the 2008 election would remember this..........its clear you did not...

Haha you already had mentioned healthcare so I thought it was a given. I honestly don't believe he has a stance on it other than what it gives him politically. I would bet money that he would like nothing more than this issue to go away and that he will not spend one iota of political capital to get anything passed.

If it happens he will sign it but if not than whatever. He also never pushed the gay marriage issue either until Joe Biden opened his mouth and proclaimed what Obama's views were than he had to acknowledge it which started the homosexual community into a frenzy in the hopes that they might actually get something passed.

Remember that they were very frustrated and upset with Obama for not following up during his first term with what he had promised during his campaign.

Obama is all about his domestic agenda of wealth re-distribution, that is his main goal. Even in foreign policy he has basically followed exactly what Bush had laid out. He has no desire to place his own stamp on it. Its the issues at home, healthcare, taxes, immigration....... which he wants to focus on.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

What a politician says during an election and what they do during their first term are often two separate things. Obama said alot of things, as all politicians do, that he never followed through on.

Gun control is one of them.

You say things to get elected during a campaign. I thought that would be obvious. The proof of your motivation and commitment is what you do once your in office.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

What a politician says during an election and what they do during their first term are often two separate things. Obama said alot of things, as all politicians do, that he never followed through on.

You say things to get elected during a campaign. I thought that would be obvious. The proof of your motivation and commitment is what you do once your in office.

Youve got to be kidding me right?

So the fact that you stated that he had no stance on gun control until this happened........and i proved you wrong with not only his statements but his VOTING RECORD on gun control......

And the fact that he made these statements during his LAST election........has no bearing at all?

Just......WOW...

yes politicians say a lot of things..........but when what they SAY and what they DO are in lockstep, I think its a pretty damn good indicator..........

again i watched you have this debate with someone else on another thread, and im not trying to be ugly , dont get me wrong, but if you didnt get it then, I doubt anything I post whether they are hard facts or not, are going to sway your thought process on it....

I think ive proven my standpoint here fairly well...........and so I shall bow out of a debate that seems like it will be circular.......

Have a fantastic evening

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

While i am not here to defend Rummy as being a good guy and fine leader.....what he was basically doing was using crafty (yet hard to understand) wording to describe his displeasure with compound ignorance: that which you are not even aware of not knowing because you are not aware of its existence.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Youve got to be kidding me right?

So the fact that you stated that he had no stance on gun control until this happened........and i proved you wrong with not only his statements but his VOTING RECORD on gun control......

And the fact that he made these statements during his LAST election........has no bearing at all?

Just......WOW...

yes politicians say a lot of things..........but when what they SAY and what they DO are in lockstep, I think its a pretty damn good indicator..........

again i watched you have this debate with someone else on another thread, and im not trying to be ugly , dont get me wrong, but if you didnt get it then, I doubt anything I post whether they are hard facts or not, are going to sway your thought process on it....

I think ive proven my standpoint here fairly well...........and so I shall bow out of a debate that seems like it will be circular.......

Have a fantastic evening

What voting record on gun-control? I must have missed that post of yours. If you mean the few things he voted party lines along in the Senate that is no indication of his stance. He certainly didn't author any bills now did he? As I showed, the only legislation he signed during his first four years actually expanded gun rights not limited them.

As for his statements he said during the election, that is irrelevant. You should know that politicians say anything they have to in order to win and very often do not follow up with them. Its not what is said in an election but rather what action they take after being elected upon which you should judge someone.

I'm glad you think you've proven your point but I'm sure most following this discussion would disagree with you. Have a good night though.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I guess they're going to keep repeating this lie until people just accept it as truth.

I noticed over a week ago our local news was talking about the new release of information concerning Adam Lanza, and the reporter said that Mr. Lanza emptied over 100 rounds from an AR 15 assault rifle into innocent children at Sandy Hook.

My jaw dropped. Didn't they admit, not so long ago, that he did all that shooting with pistols, and the assault rifle was left in the car?

What the heck are they trying to pull here? Such lies, such deception! Obama as a liar is making Bush look like a choir boy.

And why not? It's worked perfectly for 9/11, Aurora and now Sandy Hook, nobody's in jail, nobody's indicted so why not keep doing it to push agenda? We already know they don't care for human life as evidenced by the indiscriminate bombing of innocent civilians including woman and children across the globe, why think they should care about a few movie goers, first responders or school kids here?

Drop in the bucket when there is a mandate to push and money to be made, that always comes first, directly in front of humanity, compassion, common decency and personal growth for these people. Money and power rules all and anything is justified to get it.

Columbine was a real shooting and probably the last real mass shooting, study it along side of Aurora and Sandy Hook and tell me the difference, Ill give you extra credit for it.

<<   2 >>

join