It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Meaning of Life": Share Your Version

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by shhhhhh

Originally posted by shhhhhh

If you spend enough time STUDYING the Bible, you'll come to find out, there's not much "religion" to it. Man has made it a religion.......

The bible was written by man.
And so was the Constitution, and the laws we obey. No one seems to complain then. And, are you telling me that God can't inspire man, and give man the ability to express Himself? Yes, it was written by man, but those men they wrote about, wouldn't be the type of "role models" you would want representing the "religious" kingdom. On the contrary!

I should also note, that the Bible shouldn't be read, like a book. It has to be studied. You have to dig deep, into the spirit of the "law". It's not all on the top of the surface. You have to find yourself, through it. Take it from a murderer who wrote the book.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So, i guess no one else has a version, to the meaning of life, to share with us? I really thought people would be more interactive, but i guess the latest "doom date" is much more interesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Originally we were supposed to eat a certain flower and live in the protection of GOD and enjoy the wonders of earth. When we fell it became an internal struggle to overcome the the boundaries of nature or so we believe. The true path is to find the flower and have the strength of spirit to resist the great whisperer. We will all be back in the garden together within 1000yrs if not sooner.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Meaning of life... I find my true meaning of existence while consuming goods at the shopping mall.

Said no one ever

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

Originally posted by shhhhhh
I'm just curious, as to what you think: the "meaning of life" is? Isn't that the one question that eludes us? Isn't that the missing piece, to the puzzle? We spend our whole lives, searching for the reason to our existence.
Are you really "living life"?

The missing bit of the puzzle is that life is not a puzzle - it is art.
Imagine you were a piece of a jigsaw (just one bit) and you can see the whole jigsaw in front of you but it is missing just one bit. Where would you look to find the missing bit? Would you look in another room or under the sofa? If you want to keep the puzzle as a puzzle you probably would look in another town! If you want to see the complete picture and want to see 'art' instead of 'puzzle' - you will have to disappear into the picture and become one with it.
It is puzzling until it is transformed into amusing artwork. Seeking elsewhere keeps it a puzzle.
One second it is a puzzle - the next it is art - boom - just like that. Amazing!

edit on 5-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
1. Eliminate purposes of feeding your ego, as you are not that essential to the Universe.
2. The Universe is not here for you, you are not here for you.
3. All are proxy servers so that onmiscience can register finite in every possible variation and iteration, which will take eternity to complete.
4. You and I are just cogs in the wheel of above #3.
5. Along the way, all finites are offered to join the party inside of evermore newness and expansion of consciousness.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
To experience the meaning of life ofcourse. That wouldn't be the meaning of life now would it. There's something mysterious about our existence. What do we need to do when it is we don't know what to do. Search for something new to do? The true meaning of life would be a sort of freedom. It's purpose is to set your spirit free. Realising nothing can be the same for all is just one.

To understand instead of becoming confused about what you read and hear.

To find that that is constantly that which makes nothing the same.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The meaning of life is realising you are/were confused.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
What do we need to do when it is we don't know what to do.

Just be.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Search for something new to do? The true meaning of life would be a sort of freedom. It's purpose is to set your spirit free.

Are you a human 'doing'?
Freedom is realization of 'being'.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

being 'doing'.

The freedom to be, which is the freedom to do. Doing is being, being nothing is not doing.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

being 'doing'.

The freedom to be, which is the freedom to do. Doing is being, being nothing is not doing.
edit on 5-4-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

Being is already - it does not need doing.
'Who' would do?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You are right.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shhhhhh

Well, I´ll try to brake down my personal version.

I do think that we are here to experience life, simple as that. As a child we know nothing, as we get older we accumulate knowledge. I think that is what it´s all about. Maybe we do come from the same source, and "we" as a whole profit from these billions of single lives.

Then we would have to accept though, that hitler came from the same source as ghandi, that they were two sides of the same coin. And I personally could go along with that.

The alternative theory is that there is no real meaning and death is just the end of life.

All things considered, I do believe that there is "something" after death, whatever that may be.

And, to close that loop again, I think that the true purpose of our individual lives is to combine these experiences in the afterlife.

I know it sounds a maybe a little weird, but I do not think that we are just an accident of evolution. I do believe in evolution of course, as I do understand science. But I see consciousness as one of the goals of the universe, maybe it´s sole purpose.

One thing is for sure though. I have never seen a dying person on his or her death bed wonder about their houses, cars or bank accounts. In the end it is always about human connection, about relationships. It is about spouses, children and family.

So THAT should teach us that the relationships we build in our lives are the ones that count, not the monetary success.

Although it can´t hurt to earn just a little bit

edit on 5-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

edit on 5-4-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In my opinion the meaning of life is to survive. I agree with science and see life through the life as a scientist would. You can succeed in business, play video games, etc. We just need to find the perfect balance. Everyone is different and should succeed to the best of their ability.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The meaning of life is to create, to make unities from unities.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To wake up in your life and realize its a dream, its a construct or test, ie. akin to lucid dreaming in the daytime dream, and work overcome all negatives of thought, mind, body, just set your mind and heart and soul free and reach for Love, Compassion and trying to grow up here.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The meaning of life is simply to live it

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Let me tell you what i think.

I don't think the meaning of life can be put in ANY words i can say. I also think that there's no "centralized" meaning of anybody's life. It's a strictly personal matter. The meaning of somebody's very existence is dictated by it's actions.

In the end, i look back and see all of the things i have done, and experienced. The sum of all these constitutes the meaning of my life. Maybe it's something you learn only as you are dying -- close to death.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join