It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomato plant growing inside man? Real or Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I cannot confirm whether this is real or not but it caught my attention while I was listening to a recent coast to coast episode last night. It seems as though a man has a Tomato plant growing inside his stomach after eating one of his home grown tomato's. Being around April Fool's day I thought this has to be some sort of Hoax but there is an X-Ray and when the guy was speaking he didn't seem like he was joking around. There are no confirmed reports anywhere apart from maybe a blog or two who have picked this up also. Below is the X-Ray.

Now I’ve heard everything!!

I’m listening to Coast and there is a man, Fred Lizer, with a Tomato Plant Growing in his Stomach and it might have Tomatoes Growing on it !!!

Now to me the X-Ray looks a bit dodgy but I will not discount this because there have been other cases where people have had pea pods etc growing in their lungs or something. But anyway, I thought this would be a would one to prove or debunk. I'm sure some Americans can find some more information because on my end, there isn't very much... Links Below.

Coast to Coast
Related link
edit on 3-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Physically impossible. Plants need light and nutrients and oxygen to grow. Stomach acid destroys seeds. I cannot believe I responded to this..

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I must be growing a watermelon in mine because my gut is getting huge.

Not buying it.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
Physically impossible. Plants need light and nutrients and oxygen to grow. Stomach acid destroys seeds. I cannot believe I responded to this..

Well firstly, seeds do not need light to sprout. For the first few days they are usually underground or beneath the soil. As for the rest of what you said, I agree.. I don't know much about seeds and how they operate so this was confusing for me also.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
One or twice I've cut open a *very* ripe homegrown 'mater and noticed very tiny green shoots in with the seeds. It was so ripe some of the seeds were starting to sprout inside the 'mater.

But, no it couldn't survive inside the body for the reasons others have pointed out.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Did you see the date that was posted on C2C? I saw it too but remember what day it was

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR_UNSMiLey

Did you see the date that was posted on C2C? I saw it too but remember what day it was

yeah, but I thought they would of said something like it was only a joke or something
They had a doctor apparently on the show and Noory's like "it's not like he can just down some pesticide to kill it" or along the lines
But because of what others have said, I think its bs... I don't know much about Seeds and how they germinate etc so it was new to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
IF it's on back to back crap AM it's gotta be real!

the photo was added lulz, I think Noory be trollin'

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sometimes what seems impossible is possible. Here is another example of pea seed sprouting inside a mans lung.

Doctor finds plant growing inside man's lung

If it's a lie this news station told it.

Here's one of a fig tree found inside the body.

edit on 3-4-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
leaved of plants open and face the light.

never having seen light before, the leaves wouldnt "sprout" and if they existed at all would remain wrapped around the stem.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Wow, that is gross...

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I agree. Sorry that the video seems to be frozen on the liver with a fig in it until you hit play.

What everyone is forgetting about is the tap root of the plant. Even without leaves as long as the root can absorb nutrients the plant will grow. A sprout will grow upwards until it finds light. I've seen plants with about a 6 inch stem that still didn't find light.

Maybe these taproots could absorb enough nutrients from the host body that it didn't need UV at first. Maybe the taproot absorbed enough vitamin D to survive without UV? Just a guess there.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
looks fake.

But! what was true is that a seed got stuck in a tooth.
and started growing.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Sometimes what seems impossible is possible. Here is another example of pea seed sprouting inside a mans lung.

Doctor finds plant growing inside man's lung

If it's a lie this news station told it.

Here's one of a fig tree found inside the body.

edit on 3-4-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I don't see anything impossible about a certain plant sprouting in a lung. Unlikely, but not impossible.

The stomach, on the other hand, is 100% impossible and I can't even believe this is being discusses here on ATS. A new low if I ever saw one, how is it possible that such little logic and thought are being put into this.

Do people who suggest this might possibly be true not understand what the stomach even does? The stomach is where food goes to be turned into mush.

The stomach has powerful acid in it. You realize when you eat a tomato, your stomach acid will reduce it to mush?

Its 100% impossible for a tomato to be growing in a stomach, the acid in the stomach would dissolve the tomato before it even had a chance to grow or anything else.

This really shows how far ATS has fallen. Once a place for intelligent conversation, now a place where people aren't even aware that the human stomach is full of acid capable of dissolving meat and plants, or they don't know that a tomato plant is a plant... i just don't know what to say, this is sad, anyone who even entertained this idea for a second should feel really, really, really sad about their level of intelligence.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Looking at how fuzzy and undifferentiated the man's organs are, I am really surprised that a plant would be so much more detailed and radiopaque. Really surprised.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
while I was listening to a recent coast to coast episode last night

So of course it is a hoax - do you even have to ask? Here is the original photo - which in fact is even funnier
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Hey Know all, did you read the heading? That alone should tell you I don't know much about how things germinate and along with that how things work inside peoples bodies.. I didn't study that sort of stuff. Do you think because you know something about it everyone else should know also? Does that make them inferior to you or something? I didn't ask you to question my intelligence, is it Real or a Hoax? Obviously I've been duped listening to a shows days after it was aired on April Fools, I admit it, you happy know all?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by DarknStormy
while I was listening to a recent coast to coast episode last night

So of course it is a hoax - do you even have to ask? Here is the original photo - which in fact is even funnier
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Actually, that is funny

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
That plant should be growing in his stomach and it should not be touching his pancreas. the pancreas starts from the mid of the chest in the upper admen to the left below the lung.

So why is it touching where his stomach is not.

HOAX.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

What about GMO tomatoes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join