It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magdalene Mystery.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

WOW, that reminds me of a dream. Thanks for turning me on to that song. The Muse is amazing isn't she.

edit on 29-3-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Yes i woke up with that song in mind and it;s Easter so hence the thread. It's sort of a companion piece to this one in my mind which always deserves a blast at this season;

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Roses fan too adding you as a pal

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here is another painting of her by Fredrich Sandys

Oh how my heart melts looking at this

edit on 29-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes the jar always brings out the best in here. I painted this one myself but this was sort of suggesting the mysterious hidden aspects...so you don't see her face

Thanks for adding me

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Wow that is amazing I love it heck If I had money I would ask you how much you want for it, got a website showing your talent?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I had some pictures on a free server but i was looking earlier and they're gone, so i guess not, but i'm very lazy when it comes to producing art and only dabble now and then

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I like the paintings, but that's not the important part, is it?

I may have missed a lot but does all this come from legends told by a French cult and the "Gospel of Mary" found in 1898? Not surprisingly, I'm having a little trouble with it. Here's one verse that stood out for me:

Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.
Where the mind is? Jesus is emphasizing the mind? Where does that come from?

But anyway, what really concerned me was the gospel itself. As the OP's source indicates, of the nine chapters five are entirely missing. Of the remaining four, only one is intact. One is missing most of the chapter, another is missing about a third, and an unknown percentage of another is gone.

Maybe it's just me, but that's too big a hole to ignore. It looks like two-thirds of the gospel is missing.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yup Constantine edited them, question though are they missing or do the Vatican have them but do not want us to read the rest? If so why? what is in those scriptures?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I have to wonder if that Skull the Knights Templars had, was really the Skull of Jesus? Is it possible that the KT had this Skull, and that was what the Church feared? Proof that Jesus' body didn't acend into Heaven like they advertise could be very bad for the Churches beliefs that they pushed onto people.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Dear boymonkey74,

I'm sorry, I'm really confused. The gospel wasn't found until 1898 in Egypt. Are you implying that Constantine edited them (unlike other gospels which were just denounced as fake) then buried them in Egypt where they sat for 1500 years? And no one has ever found any other copies of it? I'm fuzzy today, and must have misunderstood you.

We've got copies of dozens of other gnostic gospels. If this one was surpressed because it is true, doesn't that imply that the rest were allowed to exist becuse they aren't true? Isn't it just as possible that this one is a relatively recent fake?

with respect,
Charles1952

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think we are confusing each other lol.
I am talking about Constantine picking and choosing what went in the Bible at the council of Nicaea in 325 AD, did he choose the wrong gospels to go in it to control what was being said?
The OP says the Resurrection was added later to the Gospels to make Jesus more God like and not a man which he was.
It amazes me people can say it is all the word of God when it was written by men after the death of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It's worth noting that the Gallician Church, the first church of France before Roman Catholicism was established from Asia Minor as that is were the trading routes of Massila, the largest city were concerned with.

Undoubtedly, from theearliest planting of Christianity in Gaul, many of its adherents would have relatives in AsiaMinor, inasmuch as Massilia, which soon ex-tended its territory's influence, was an colony from Phocaea in Asia Minor.

Constant intercourse would in consequence be kept up between the two countries, and the intimacy may be thus naturally accounted for Again, if the earlier date (A.D. 155) of the Gallican persecution be correct

archive.org...

The Golden Legend, which first has recorded mention of its aspects around the 6th century affirms this historic connection of the city to the Near East, thus the connections between Ephesus at which Mary Magdalene was understood as having gone to by the early church and her subsequent arrival in France.

the basis for the French cult having a probable early basis.

The text of the Mary Magdalene gospel seems quite straight forward, as far as Gnostic texts go, and place importance on the mind as the intermediary between the soul and spirit...or if you like ;it's all in the head'

Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.

10) I said to Him, Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it, through the soul or through the spirit?

11) The Savior answered and said, He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind that is between the two that is what sees the vision and it is

reply to post by Guyfriday

That's possible, many of the Templars were French nobility from the region who would be aware of the reported existance of such an artifact.

There was also of course the prevalence of Catharism during the Middle Ages in the region which denied physical ressurection.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

eeek feminists....

Lets not forget that Mary Magdalene was a harlot to begin with.
I wonder how much harlots cost back in those days......?

eeew misogynists.....

Lets not forget that all men are born of woman to begin with.
I wonder why men still fear the feminine as they did back in those days.....?

K~
edit on 29-3-2013 by aethertek because: Puncuation

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Here is another painting of her by Fredrich Sandys

obviously Irish.

edit; intresting link reguarding above statement and the picture...
www.irishoriginsofcivilization.com...
edit on 29-3-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

Before all the male type Gods (Roman Greek Norse Christianity etc ) peoples Gods were mainly female, but the men must not have liked that so changed the gods they worshipped to manly ones.

Good documentary here.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I think we are confusing each other lol.
I am talking about Constantine picking and choosing what went in the Bible at the council of Nicaea in 325 AD, did he choose the wrong gospels to go in it to control what was being said?

Argh.

The Council of Nicaea had NOTHING to do with the selection of Biblical canon. Absolutely nothing. We have the records of what that Council was about, and the Bible wasn't it.

This is the third time I've posted that today... is there some "Dan Brown pill" that everyone is taking?

The OP says the Resurrection was added later to the Gospels to make Jesus more God like and not a man which he was.

OP is wrong -- the post-resurrection appearances of Christ were added to the Gospel of Mark after the initial release, but it always contained the resurrection itself, and the other three Gospels do not have anything added to them in the same fashion. Speculation is that the last bit of Mark was added after the fact because the original author had ended it rather suddenly and there was a demand for "the rest of the story", which was then lifted from the other Gospels.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Your poem is beautiful

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
1. What is it that makes you think it is the skull of Jesus depicted in those paintings? Why isn't it the skull of Adam, as has been the iconographic claim since before the Renaissance?

2. Why is there no mention of a cult of Mary Magdalene existing in Provence prior to the writings of Rabanus Maurus in the late 8th or early 9th century?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is nothing but another version of the mother of Horus wife of Osiris superimposed on the story of Jesus.

The skull represents the dead body parts in whole. We see her in many of these paintings as Isis chief morner for the dead, i.e her dead husband, and collector of body parts. In fact the skull here could be a phallic symbol representing the one part of Osiris that baby never found and his death which she morns endlessly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join