It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love you, dont you realise violence breeds violence.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
reply to post by opethPA

Fair enough, there has to be an element of realism. Where it can absoultely not be avoided, action should be taken to AVOID the further propogation of violence. However, again being realistic, this is not normally the pretence under which violence takes place.

And the victims of violence on the world stage...you and I. The pawns in the game. And how are the pawns manipulated? By the spread of hatred and fear. It may as well be inscribed on our tombstones. We fought bravely, died horribly, but at least the marketing campaign was successfull.

Indeed, then why don't the leaders of the United States take steps to negotiate with North Korea?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

Fair enough, there has to be an element of realism. Where it can absoultely not be avoided, action should be taken to AVOID the further propogation of violence. However, again being realistic, this is not normally the pretence under which violence takes place.

And the victims of violence on the world stage...you and I. The pawns in the game. And how are the pawns manipulated? By the spread of hatred and fear. It may as well be inscribed on our tombstones. We fought bravely, died horribly, but at least the marketing campaign was successfull.

everything in this statement totally refutes what you said in your first post.............

So which is it.........violence or not violence..........

You cant call everyone Fools and then try to have it both ways just to placate..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

If you are going to make such a bold statement, please explain it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Violence is in every-ones nature and so is peace!
In the end its about ego, then about choice.

Ego is a powerful force... and cunning too

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Must be awesome there in the land of Rainbows , lollipops, Kittens and skittle farting Unicorns....

Better in my world than yours of marching Armies, bombs and murder.

But here in the real world......sometimes people have to do bad things to bad people so that good people dont suffer.......

Sort of preemptive badness-- to prevent badness?

All your fuzzy love and hugs n kisses wouldnt make LiL Kim hesitate for one second to have your head lopped off if you did something that displeased him

You are the one that wants his head...

Same goes for any number of psychopaths and again BAD people out there.......

And who made you judge, jury and executioner? BAD people, lol. You are worse.

flowers, rose colored glasses and claiming some sort of enlightenment over reality isnt going to stop them

Yah lets roll. Wipe em out. You do realize you are the problem, not the solution. Like the OP said. Violence begets more violence. But you probably think drone strikes are helping, huh? Huh?

Like the OP said... seething hatred directed at innocents. Thats what needs stopping.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Yes it is and as such the leaders of our countries should be above such pettiness. Perhaps we have chosen badly?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I understand your ramblings, but I see them for what they are. Your hostility will achieve nothing in the long term. You talk of my fuzzy rainbows and unicorns. Let me ask you one simple question.

Would you rather live in a world where you wondered amongst trenches of human corpses, their faces scarred by agonising death cries, or would you like to skip merrily amongst my rainbows, and nuzzle my unicorns?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by opethPA

I can't think anyone with any common sense wants a war..It's not what people see on TV..It is horrible, brutal and brings out the worst in man. That being said, their are evil and crazy people all over the planet and sometimes force is required.

if I was President I would pretty much let NK say whatever they want and remain secure in the fact that we could eliminate their whole regime with a minimal amount of effort. If it ever got to the point though were NK was truly being the aggressor and pushing the issue with attacks then I would have no issues authorizing an appropriate response.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by intrptr

Unbelievable. That attitude is exactly what the OP is describing.

Did I say to wipe them off the map? No.

I am saying we need to stay on our toes, and keep a watchful eye on them, because, he is not going to magically stop being bent on our destruction and we have plenty of men and women in the south that are easily within his reach.

Of course you aren't advocating violence. You put it like this...

I am not advocating violence in any way, but, I also don't think that we should wait around forever...

People who advocate violence don't "actually advocate" it, they talk around it. But the meaning is clear, "...we shouldn't wait around..."

link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Originally posted by rigel4

Yes it is and as such the leaders of our countries should be above such pettiness. Perhaps we have chosen badly?

It seems that we always choose badly...but I believe there is a reason for this!
Gasp.... Its the personality type that is drawn to politics! The huge ego and the controlling manipulative
types that ultimately make it to the top. So ... we always have a**holes for leaders..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by December21st2012

Agreed!
I fear N.Korea as much as I do Iran or Iraq pre war or post war Afghanistan pre war or post war, or Micronesia.
Have we found a way or reason to invade Micronesia yet??
Yep, war sells expensive guns bombs bullets planes tanks apc's Etc...
And best of all for the Jackwagons at the top, it reduces populations.
But some are comfortable in their ignorance.
Live and let live.

edit on 28-3-2013 by g146541 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Better in my world than yours of marching Armies, bombs and murder.

Hey to tell ya matey, but you live in that world too, no matter how much you try to dream yourself out of it......

And come to think of it......I havent had any bombs dropped on my house lately and I havent had to march since i left the Marine Corps
(again another group of people willing to do bad things to bad people so tha tyou can sit here and call everyone fools and still keep your head attached to your neck)

You are the one that wants his head...

Please , your highness in all your enlightened knowledge, please quote where I said anything of the sort......ill hold my breath .....(incidentally, making accusations that i said something that i didnt doesnt seem very spiritually evolved of you)

And who made you judge, jury and executioner? BAD people, lol. You are worse.

Are you really so stuck in your own world that you dont see what goes in day in and day out? You dont see the murders on teh streets? You dont hear about the people who just walk up and shoot babies in a stroller, or kill their families, or dictators who starve their people , or lock them away in prison camps to die?

Really? Im worse then that........wow , news to me, please ..........explain , since you know so much about how, how Im worse?

You surely must realize that totally denying that the world you live in is full of Bad who do bad things is about as foolish as it gets.......

Yah lets roll. Wipe em out. You do realize you are the problem, not the solution. Like the OP said. Violence begets more violence. But you probably think drone strikes are helping, huh? Huh?

I am, am i? did i say lets wipe them out, did I advocate for dropping bombs on them or something?

Im sorry, again would you please point out where I said any of that again?

And then proceed to tell me again how im the problem.........when YOU are the one making assumptions and false statements ..........

Have a nice day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join