It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: People willing to die on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Wanted: People willing to die on Mars

www.cbc.ca

The man behind the private space project dubbed Mars One is looking for people to travel to Mars, but he's not offering a return ticket.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I did a search an found nothing about this. I know that this is a very small article and does not contain a whole lot of details about all this. But as more is release, I will try to keep this updated.

This "trip" should only take place in September 2022 so they have a bit of time to develop the technology for the return trip right? Or not!

This being fact or fiction isn't the question here. I will ask ATSers the following questions though:

Would you go?

If you could only bring 1 personal item, what would it be?

And of course why?

Keep in mind that there would not be a return trip...you would surely die there (unless helped by others. lol )

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'd be pushing 50...but they can U2U me with specifics. I'm up for it! We *ALL* die. No one beats the reaper. So what better way than to go trying to advance the whole species?

Besides..you might get a high school named after you or something. I can think of MUCH MUCH worse things to die for.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
dude this has been posted heaps, you didn't search far!

But I would go

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I don't know what you searched under, OP, but I just search "Mars One" and the second item was: It's 2013...Soon you can apply to colonize Mars, which is about the Mars One project. The name is quoted on the first line of the OP and the thread was posted on Jan 8 this year.

To the topic: no, I wouldn't go. I'm too much of a grouch in the mornings and I'd drive them all nuts in a few months. Seriously.

edit on 18/3/13 by JustMike because: Added "reply to" coding. Sorry about that...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Count me out.

My life is not worth going to a desolate planet to look at some rocks.

You all have a safe trip now K!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

join