It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: US Senate Committee Approves Gun Ban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by tadaman

You have them guns lock'n loaded just in case.. I am getting the feeling this is going to pass against the odds and whether Americas like it or not.. If there was a time to not trust the government, its now.

The only part that has a prayer of passing is the "universal background checks", and I think even that has a very small chance. Gun and ammo sales are through the roof here, and the NRA has added a million members in only the last couple months. That equals lobbying clout. These slimy politicians value their high paying, gravy jobs too much to do anything to risk an unpopular vote.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This has been posted elsewhere but I approved of it so much that I can not help but post it again and again:

edit on 16-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

At least we're getting the transparency we we're promised. When we know all the people, who allegedly died at Sandy Hook and the other recent shootings, weren't armed. We can clearly see why they want to disarm everyone.
All the dead unarmed law abiding people are a perfect reason to make sure no one can defend themselves.
edit on 16-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Little by little

US government will shred the constitution completely. Unless people rise up and overthrow

The future will be movie Hunger Games, if Elites have their way with USA

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Bob Munden.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
you can still buy 2,200 types of firearms, so if the bad guys are coming, you should be able to find a nice weapon

who benefits from all the fear ?

the senate or the gun lobby ?

hmmmm.......

Gee thanks for the permission to act upon a guaranteed right.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

Wow! How did you find this? I tried to view directly from that site but you have to be a member to search the site and they are not accepting any new members..... I even tried accessing it on the Wayback Machine it wasn't on there...... It's not that I think it was faked but it would be nice to verify from another source.....though I guess google cache is as reliable as any...so to speak, lol. I'll never get tired of seeing things like this reaffirming my position on such matters. It would be nice to see other posts by that individual. That one was so precise

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Is there any country in the world that has benefited from a gun ban in a positive way

That's actually a good question that can be easily answered.

No.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smileyface64261
reply to post by BoogieMan911

Wow! How did you find this? I tried to view directly from that site but you have to be a member to search the site and they are not accepting any new members..... I even tried accessing it on the Wayback Machine it wasn't on there...... It's not that I think it was faked but it would be nice to verify from another source.....though I guess google cache is as reliable as any...so to speak, lol. I'll never get tired of seeing things like this reaffirming my position on such matters. It would be nice to see other posts by that individual. That one was so precise

I went to the site before it was shut down. That post that appeared to be prophetic was created a week after the Sandy Hook Massacre happened and pre-dated. Then the poster referenced it in another thread, to show that it was possible to pre-date internet posts, as the discussion concerned Facebook pages that memorialized SH victims that were 'created' before the tragedy occurred.
There have been several ATS threads about this post, all of which have been 404'ed, so best to leave it alone here.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

yeah i found your link quite troubling and i too tried to join the site to see the members other posts but it would not let me,as to the 404ed threads so thats what happened to them...hoping to not get introuble but is mentioning this the same as talking about the legalization of drugs and treated the same meaning we arent allowed to talk about it?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

yeah i found your link quite troubling and i too tried to join the site to see the members other posts but it would not let me,as to the 404ed threads so thats what happened to them...hoping to not get introuble but is mentioning this the same as talking about the legalization of drugs and treated the same meaning we arent allowed to talk about it?

I do not see what the issue is with it, but the mods have been making the threads disappear.
The best I can guess is that is Sandy Hook subjects are mostly off limits now.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Not at all, but at the same time, having the discussions in 100 different threads (or multiple threads on the same topic by the same author in different forums) isn't exactly great for the membership either...it's just cleanup, not agenda censorship.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Not at all, but at the same time, having the discussions in 100 different threads (or multiple threads on the same topic by the same author in different forums) isn't exactly great for the membership either...it's just cleanup, not agenda censorship.

Then I will ask for a link to the one that survives. Not so much for me, as I don't really have any more questions about the fake post on another site, I found what I was looking for.
I do understand your answer, I noted that the same person was sticking with his topic in multiple threads. I thought that he was creating more threads due to the original getting canned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join