It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting John Titor predictions 12 years later. Look Familiar?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Great thread, I don't think I've ever seen this much thought put into the actual mechanics of his travel - the timeline divergence and associated date changes, etc. Most past threads just focused on the dates he stated (mistaken as predictions), and when those things did not come to pass on said dates, people wrote it off.

Even if Titor was a giant hoax that influenced movies, novels and careers, I wouldn't ever want it to be spoiled. It's just great brain candy.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

C/2012 S1, also known as Comet ISON, is a sungrazing comet discovered on 21 September 2012 by Vitali Nevski

If he really wanted to prove he was a time traveler he should have mentioned ISON, no amount of "cone divergence",as he called it, could change ISON`s appearance, but of course he couldn`t mention it because it wasn`t even discovered until 2012.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Considering the kicking around that Cassandra got and what happen to Troy. Anyone with an ability can be forgiven for being shy. So, if John Titor is a fraud; if is very possible the originator of the information has a valid ability to foresee events. If not a fraud, then some thought is due the information. As for those inclined to dismiss the whole thing. Began reading "1984," then "It Can't Happen Here," H.G. Wells and Sinclair Lewis, respectfully. Next, try some newer science fiction/fantasy, Robert Heinlein, and many others. Remember, the science in the genre description means real science, not magic or make believe.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't know if this is at all relevant, however I think it is. Back to the Olympics being cancelled issue... Isn't Russia meant to host the 2014 Olympics? And aren't there a bunch of problems associated with this at the moment, due to their stance on homosexuality etc? There are people threatening to boycott the games. This is sort of eerie. Also, the Waco like experiences happening weekly, may not have come into fruition yet, however 2 mass shootings within the space of a week has happened (just this month) so perhaps this is something?

I'm not sure I believe the whole time travel spin, however I don't wish to dismiss anything outright. Irrespective of whether or not the man was a fraud, he did have some noteworthy things to say.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Very interesting. Think about these things:
Bad food and people dying with nobody caring=all the toxic, chemically laden, GMO food that is killing us all slowly yer people still buy and eat it.

Nuclear war, Russia and China: Russia against the US government = Cyber War and Malware

3Million People wiped off the face of the earth = Possible immigration and overseas call centers where people's "real" identity us not know because they go by American sounding names.

Yeah, a huge stretch I know but it loosely could be what he wa talking about. Just look at it from high level.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Tardacus

C/2012 S1, also known as Comet ISON, is a sungrazing comet discovered on 21 September 2012 by Vitali Nevski

If he really wanted to prove he was a time traveler he should have mentioned ISON, no amount of "cone divergence",as he called it, could change ISON`s appearance, but of course he couldn`t mention it because it wasn`t even discovered until 2012.

ISON was a non-event as space science goes. The hype was all human.
You hardly ever here of Kahoutec, a 1973 comet that was a complete bust, as well as the last return of Halley, the world's most famous comet, which was a fizzle.

Events that would not be considered important enough to mention in the context of a timeline.

Who knows about Titor. It is a great story, that is why it is still with us. Give it that, anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Tardacus

Why would they mention something small and trivial that did nothing?

You could just as easily say 'They didn't mention the Six Nations Results', for all the worldwide impact they have.

I'm not saying I believe this, since I've never heard of it, but I am now interested enough to read up on it.

Thank you OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
His prediction about the 2015 nuclear exchange between Russia and American seems more and more likely every day. America seems determined to surround Russia with that anti-missile shield, which they say is directed against North Korea and Iran, but we all know that's just a smokescreen. If America wasn't planning on using it against Russia they would have signed the treaty/agreement that Russia proposed, instead they turned it down. Putin seems even more determined to not look weak. When Medvedev was still President (but Putin running the show) he said they would use force to take these missile shield's down if they are activated. I imagine these plans have not changed. A brief nuclear exchange seems very possible if there is no resolution to this major issue.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

The only way I could ever see a nuclear exchange in the future, is if a lunatic was able to fire the first one off.
Everyone knows that if you ever fired one of those weapons at another country, you are going to get at least 1 back.
Who would ever want that kind of destruction in their country, and most likely aimed at your leadership?

So, the question is , do we have a candidate for Lunatic in our midst? And who might that be?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
None of what he said happened. So looking at his predictions .. they are all false. Next.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
One word: bulls**t. Yeah, a nuclear war that kills half the world's population? Good luck with that. He was just a troll having some fun and you idiots are still discussing it.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Thatguy11 because: Too long

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Skeptoid #356. John Titor, time traveller

His first well-known appearance is believed to have been in the year 1998, when many accounts say that he sent some faxes into the paranormal radio program Coast to Coast AM, identifying himself as a time traveler from the year 2036. He warned that the Y2K computer bug (an issue in which many old computer systems only allowed two characters for the year) was going to be disastrous when clocks rolled over at midnight on December 31, 1999, causing deaths by starvation and freezing, martial law, and all kinds of problems. Next, sometime in the year 2000, he appeared as a participant in the discussions on an Internet forum called the Time Travel Institute. His handle was TimeTravel_0. He (or someone else using the same name) also posted on the forums for Coast to Coast. He told how, beginning with the US Presidential election in 2004, civil war tore the nation into five regions, culminating in World War III which would not end until 2015. His many predictions included that the Large Hadron Collider, yet to be completed at the time of his posts, would produce tiny black holes. Without exception, all of his predictions failed to come true.

Why does this still get any traction at all with people?

It's like the bloody crystal skulls. They have all been proven over and over to be modern day forgeries, but that doesn't stop the new agers from worshiping them..

edit on RAmerica/Chicago28000000Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:04:48 -06002-0600fCST08 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: formatting

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
he never returned? most likely because of: www.space.com...
nasa said we're safe and the chance that it could hit our planet is one in a million.. who knows... maybe... we could get the one.

j/k

peace.
edit on 24-2-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

concernedcitizen519
His prediction about the 2015 nuclear exchange between Russia and American seems more and more likely every day. America seems determined to surround Russia with that anti-missile shield, which they say is directed against North Korea and Iran, but we all know that's just a smokescreen. If America wasn't planning on using it against Russia they would have signed the treaty/agreement that Russia proposed, instead they turned it down. Putin seems even more determined to not look weak. When Medvedev was still President (but Putin running the show) he said they would use force to take these missile shield's down if they are activated. I imagine these plans have not changed. A brief nuclear exchange seems very possible if there is no resolution to this major issue.

Nuclear war with Russia in 2015 was one of his claims.

I always dismissed the Titor claims as hoax, still do - I guess. But DANG!
Some are calling Putin delusional and Russia went ahead with their planned test of an ICBM in the midst of this crisis.

Who could have predicted this latest turn of events given the relative good relations between U.S./Russia at the time the claim was made? So, at least that Titor timeline is seeming eerily on track.

At the very least it's uncanny.
edit on 3/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

kosmicjack

concernedcitizen519

I always dismissed the Titor claims as hoax, still do - I guess. But DANG!
Some are calling Putin delusional and Russia went ahead with their planned test of an ICBM in the midst of this crisis.

Who could have predicted this latest turn of events given the relative good relations between U.S./Russia at the time the claim was made? So, at least that Titor timeline is seeming eerily on track.

At the very least it's uncanny.
edit on 3/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Yeah, it's worrisome to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

and that claim was inexorably linked to a series of prior claims that have failed

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

LoL! Okay, but you DO know that Titor-ites and Back To The Future fans would argue to the death that only means he some how changed the time-line...
Cue X Files music.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Russia part is about to happen , It's just funny because all this pretty much came true. Just because some thing's he said didn't come true mean's nothing because that is how time works, one person could make the slightest move and change the future and they will never know. Seeing as when he predicted the whole Food GMO scenario that is something on a large scale that no matter what gets thrown in it's way keep's moving on so it came true because it is a fixed point in time or so to say now. Now something like an asteroid has astronomical odd's at actually hitting the earth so that Scenario has a great chance of never happening or happening on our timeline .

The future is always changing so event's that have happened in your future can change at any moment while you're in that moment so your future self in your timeline will not know these event's happened or come to happen .

Also who's to say the entity's that control this planet also know these future's or know bit's and pieces and have used their means to change them .
edit on 19-3-2014 by HattoriHanzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Under Water

Then if you wanted a thread based on the state of the world today, and not about time travel, then you shouldn't have even mentioned john titor. Nor provide links to his stuff.

You've made a thread with some good discussions, can't you be happy with that?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dodol
he never returned? most likely because of: www.space.com...
nasa said we're safe and the chance that it could hit our planet is one in a million.. who knows... maybe... we could get the one.

j/k

peace.

I find it strange that the date when this asteroid is supposed to fly past us in 2036...
The exact same year John Titor said he was from O_O
edit on 25-5-2014 by DivineBurrito because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join