It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Aliens protecting Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seems that there is a rise in meteor strikes hitting
our beloved and glorious Earth. Now whether this actually true or not makes no
difference to my premise.
Many of the UFO believers feel sure that these 'Alien Craft' are actually here to protect
us, maybe by stopping a nuclear war (shooting the missiles down) or more importantly
vaporising an Earth threatening meteor!

Here is the problem: The meteor which exploded over Russia very nearly destroyed a city,
If the meteor had exploded lower in the atmosphere that city would have been killed.

So If Aliens are watching Earth ,, they messed up that day, and if a huge meteor was out in space
why not just nudge it out the way for us without us even knowing, yet that meteor in Russia
came ever so close to destroying a city.

Seems unlikely the Aliens care about us or THEY are NOT here.

my opinion is that we are not being protected by any other race of creatures!

Discuss
edit on 12-3-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The Aliens have their hands tied somewhat.....because they created our young race, by ixing their genes with ours......they have a feeling of some responsibility as well as parentship of sorts.
Unfortunately they are nt allowed to intervene in such direct manner unless there is an extinction level event about to happen prematurely.....
Then they will step in and deactivate the weapons as they fly or try to evacuate a great enough genetic sample of humanity to carry on......
As far as stubbing our toes go, well thats a learning experience......IMHO

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Our atmosphere and magnetic field protect us. No aliens are protecting us from meteorites.
edit on 12-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Following the meteorite explosion over Russia, Nasa is busily designing KaBOOM among others (ATLAS) and in Russia (Roscosmos)

It could be argued that some real damage was what was needed to spur some sort of effort towards self protection so that maybe our friendly aliens didn't screw up at all but instead gave us a little warning shot across the bow

Myself I have to wonder, if Aliens wanted to save the Earth, exactly how much they would want to protect humans...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hi there, here is my 2 cents on your question...

There are a multitude of alien races that regard as a "master class", because of our exposure to all that is negative. Hence, there is but a lesson to be learned from all this.

There has been a "hands of policy" that was ongoing for the pre-2012 period, apparently since we've entered the period of change of which "their" job is to ensure a smooth transition to the next age.

By allowing us a smooth transition, is to ensure the continuity of human race. They wouldn't let a master class cease to exist just like that. They'v got a lot to learn from us as a race.

I know because am a member of About Top Secret...

Peace
edit on 12-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The entire history of mankind and the planet gets along quite swimmingly without ever there being a need for aliens.

Blaming or claiming alien responsibility for anything is the providence of simple-minded mouth breathing saucer-eyed gawkers with little to no facility for rational thought or even much by way of imagination either.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The entire history of mankind and the planet gets along quite swimmingly without ever there being a need for aliens.

Blaming or claiming alien responsibility for anything is the providence of simple-minded mouth breathing saucer-eyed gawkers with little to no facility for rational thought or even much by way of imagination either.

"the aliens did it" is similar to saying "God did it." There's hardly any evidence of either. And you're correct. It shuts down the imagination I think to think only aliens are doing it.
edit on 12-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
To answer the OP's question. YES i do believe "aliens" are protecting us. There have been enough reports of UFO's taking down nuclear silo's. And maybe they did blow the meteor in Russia up before it would do real damage i don't know about that. It does makes sense. However they cannot intervene with us to much because we are here to learn.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Actually, A very acclaimed Russian scientist said last year that he beleives the Tunguska event was a meteor blasted bye an alien weapon. Also the book of Enoch talks about watchers in the sky protecting the planet, not that I beleive that, but its possible. I would say that anyone that doesnt think its possible is the " narrow minded ufo gauker" whatever that is. It seems very unintelligent for a person that denies the existence of "UFO'S AND ALIENS" to purposely go to a "UFO" discussion just to throw in their obnoxious know it all 2 cents, thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

They are not protecting us and that's if there are Aliens at all out there...
edit on 12-3-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I knew as soon as I saw this there would posters who claimed inside knowledge and that we are being protected.

But, why would they? IF there are aliens keeping an eye on us, wouldn't they be under some kind of "non interference" policy? Or are we just so darned special they save us every time some threat pops up? Aliens saving the day falls in the same category with cloud ships and channeling.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If anything there is no point in proving anything to any closed-minded gawked eyed evidence based perspectives that more or less changes with every new discovery that is made or will have been made.

And yet displays an absolute understanding of all there is with a limited perspective, that is no different from a couple of centuries back when "free thinkers" were burnt at the stakes for thinking outside of the norm, when the world was once "flat"...

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Okay, what if the Greys are robots created by a previous advanced human society for the purpose of mining asteroids and also intercepting any that threatened Earth but were unable to stop comets, one of which hit and knocked humans back to the Stone Age tens of thousands of years ago, leaving those sentient robots and their magnificent human-designed flying saucers on their own in space? They would still protect Earth from asteroids and, unless they were able to upgrade their equipment without human engineers, still have trouble deflecting comets, which move much faster relative to Earth than most asteroids.

It's just one crazy theory that only comes up because some sightings were made and reported by such reliable people or by too many at one time to dismiss, not to mention radar corroboration and the thousands of physical-trace cases. But it fits with the topic of the thread, since in this scenario it was their original primary purpose.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
While I do believe extraterrestrials are secretly coming to this planet I do not believe for one second they're protecting anybody here from anything.

Its my opinion that extraterrestrials watch this planet as a precaution in case we attempt to attack their own inhabited worlds and for scientific research. Much like our biologists who usually practice non-intervention when tragedies strike animals they're observing I don't foresee ETs helping us out when we're in trouble. It hasn't happened yet and there is no indication it would happen in the future.

150,000 or so humans die daily from various causes. Including wars. ETs could come in here and mitigate much of our suffering, but its never happened yet. They're here for their own purposes, not ours. We would be the same way if we were visiting other inhabited worlds.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
People thought the earth was flat?
How much longer is this Myth going to be perpetuated?
Anyone arguing that people actually thought the Earth was flat only validate my position regarding the total lack of facility of believer types.
Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth in 240BC.
Even before then, it was understood the Earth to be spherical as evidenced in ships sailing over the horizon.

The Falt Earth Myth is utter fallacy in attempting to illustrate a point through completely false assumption.

The myth of the Flat Earth is the modern misconception that the prevailing cosmological view during the Middle Ages saw the Earth as flat, instead of spherical.

And Close Minded??? (clicky and read)
If anything, claiming aliens is more close minded because it de-objectifies, and narrows any possibility for anything down to magical fairy creatures tinker-belling around in space ships.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

If one say's aliens must exist doesn't mean they wholly believe in it, but entertains the possibility. How does that appear as close minded in any why shape or form other than not acknowledging even the possibility of existence of other intelligent life forms of extra-terrestrial nature?

Hence the idea that aliens exists, is somewhat exercising free-thinking for me, and is not an established dogma, as some may think, but that doesn't make it any more close-minded than ruling out the possibility of their existence.

If anything, claiming aliens is more close minded because it de-objectifies, and narrows any possibility for anything down to magical fairy creatures tinker-belling around in space ships.

Apparently NASA is suggesting otherwise life may have existed on Mars??
All the more strengthens the probability of life elsewhere...

news.yahoo.com

It's official: Primitive life could have lived on ancient Mars, NASA says.

A sample of Mars drilled from a rock by NASA's Curiosity rover and then studied by onboard instruments "shows ancient Mars could have supported living microbes," NASA officials announced today (March 12) in a statement and press conference.

The discovery comes just seven months after the Curiosity rover landed on Mars to spend at least two years determining if the planet could have ever supported primitive life.

edit on 13-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If anyone here contends the earth is flat...I invite them to watch this video. Actually, I invite anyone to watch this video, cause it's pretty awesome

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
If anything there is no point in proving anything to any closed-minded gawked eyed evidence based perspectives that more or less changes with every new discovery that is made or will have been made.

And yet displays an absolute understanding of all there is with a limited perspective, that is no different from a couple of centuries back when "free thinkers" were burnt at the stakes for thinking outside of the norm, when the world was once "flat"...

Peace

If there's no evidence, why believe it? Faith is a good way to have your mind manipulated and controlled.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Peace

If there's no evidence, why believe it? Faith is a good way to have your mind manipulated and controlled.

Perhaps you didn't read the post after that, here is the part addressing this misconception...

If one say's aliens must exist doesn't mean they wholly believe in it, but entertains the possibility. How does that appear as close minded in any why shape or form other than not acknowledging even the possibility of existence of other intelligent life forms of extra-terrestrial nature?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
OP

How do you know its not the ALIENS themselves that keep putting stones in our atmosphere ?

those bugs from klendatu maybe ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join