It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So my cousin took this photo on March the 2nd (I've only just seen it) in Adelaide, South Australia. She described it as moving and maneuvering in a way that rules out commercial aircraft.
She lives in a town called Elizabeth in the Northern suburbs of Adelaide. This town is close to a RAAF base that houses PC3-Oriens, a few FA18's and old F1-11's. I know this because I used to be in the Air Force Cadets which was at this base and got a tour of the airfield.
I do not know if it is military, I'm going with what has been presented and word of my cousin.

If someone could shed some light it would be appreciated.

edit on 19/5/2011 by repulsive1 because: Fixed URL

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by repulsive1

Well, if it was flying, and an actual physical object, and you nor anyone can identify what it actually is then it is, by definition, anUnidentified Flying Object, or UFO. That does NOT mean it's an alien craft of any sort. I think that more research into that photo by the photographer would be warranted. Know things such as:

- Were there any celebrations nearby that were launching illuminated balloons of any type?
- Did any local airport (no-military) record any unidentified radar targets at that particular time?
- Were there any other reports of similar sightings in the local news/papers?
- Has it been reported to MUFON at all?
- Were there any reports of any related/odd/out-of-the-ordinary things before/after this sighting?
- Did anyone else in the surrounding area see the same thing but not report it?

Answers to many of these questions would help narrow down the possible origin of the light in the sky.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A quick enhancement:

reply to post by Krakatoa

Yes, and I would like to add:

- What camera model your cousin used?
- Could it be possible to have access to the original (non-cropped, unmodified, etc...) photo?
- A daylight shoot from the exact same place will be also very helpful to better understand what could it be.

edit on 10-3-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not much to see...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is that red looking clothesline indeed red, the others are grey or white.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If it was near a military base it may have been an experimental craft owned by a private military company.(reverse engineered by a ufo)
edit on 11-3-2013 by Anonymous11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What elevenaugust said.

I am especially intrested in a daytime photo as there appears to be
numerous other objects in the background once the photo has been brightened/lightened.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My guess would be that it's the reflection of the Auto Focus assist light off a reflective surface, maybe window, in the background. You can see it shining on the clothesline in the foreground.
edit on 11-3-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
My guess would be that it's the reflection of the Auto Focus assist light off a reflective surface, maybe window, in the background. You can see it shining on the clothesline in the foreground.

Yes, that's what I was getting at !

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by draknoir2

Yes, that's what I was getting at !

Color's right on.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Cheers for shedding some light, she said it was moving so I assumed she wouldn't lie about it, reflection give the illusion of movement?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by repulsive1
Cheers for shedding some light, she said it was moving so I assumed she wouldn't lie about it, reflection give the illusion of movement?

Light's in the camera, so if the camera moves, the reflection moves.

A daytime shot from the same point of view would be helpful.

top topics

join