It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a new member.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm posting here because I'm forced to take part in the posting of 20 or so meaningless messages in order to contribute anything of repute in any forum that actually receives any real traffic on this website.

Interestingly, if someone had something sensitive and wanted it to quickly be shared with as many visitors to this site as possible, they would be unable to do any better than posting it here and hoping some of the newcomers see it before it's lost in a pile of meaningless "um, hi." posts.

Doesn't this defeat the advertised purpose of the site and violate its spirit?
edit on 9-3-2013 by ssknight77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ssknight77

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

The required 2o posts rule is for the obvious:

1. We awnt members to have a good grasp of how we do things, prior to them starting topics.
2. It makes the trolls and returning trolls really easy to spot.
3. It keeps the spammers and advertisers away, or again, to be found quickly.

Besides, 20 posts can easily be achieved.

And we have about 3 dozen members a week who claim to have 'sensitive' information. It gets old pretty quick.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator
edit on 3/9/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Welcome, and I do I agree. But please, PLEASE, use the search function, or even using Google with certain keywords before you post a thread here. So many times, newcomers post the same questions and material that we saw back 7 years ago. It's like the movie the The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Welcome to the Thunder Dome,

Kratos

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well perhaps you have two or three dozen members with legitimate sensitive information that become so disillusioned by a 20 post requirement they decide to off themselves or turn into trolls rather than share the information with an organization that cares more about user orientation than about the dissemination of free thought.

Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The likelihood of that is really low.

Law of averages and what not. Again, I can make 20 posts in a matter of 20 minutes, all relevant to the thread and not one liners.

It's really not that much to ask considering the benefits we provide our members.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's not that posting twenty on-topic messages is a difficult thing to do, it's just that some newcomers may find it a burdensome policy. Any troll motivated enough to go through a registration process to zing a guy in a thread is probably willing to post twenty times before delivering what he believes to be the world's best one liner to another poster.

At any rate, as stated, I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I'm just trying to entertain myself until I can post what I wanted to post.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Oh, I never saw any disrespect.

The thing with trolls is that 20 posts is ALOT of posts to contain themselves. Trust me, us staff do this stuff for a living basically and you can spot them a mile away.

Even when they are trying to be un-noticed.

Again, enjoy the site, let me know if you need anything.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I didn't see a problem with that limitation when I started here. Have patients. Everyone had the same rule to follow.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Hello, welcome.

Des

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

To tell ya the truth, what's rare is your attitude pard. Not that I don't like it just that it's different. I love this place and 20 posts can go by in a flash, with the right enthusiasm. Oh and here's a memo I like to give our rookies, I mean new members.

Should be an interesting member.

Welcome to ATS
edit on 9-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

whatever..... Welcome?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
hello, good evening and welcome.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey, I had to do the exact same thing too. You don't necessarily need to 'troll' in order to reach twenty posts. After all, it doesn't take long to have twenty posts, if you contribute to the topics (as interesting or not as they are).

Moving on, welcome

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Nice to meet you!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Welcome. Hope to see ya around.

Glad you climbed aboard and joined

Try to outmaneuver your shadow...it's funny.

Peace and love
-nat the cat-

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So you want to hurry up and get past what others have to say (because it's not interesting) so we can all read what you have to say (because that's surely interesting)? Got it!

Welcome aboard!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Welcome,

Should be interesting to read what you have to contribute.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Welcome......And hurry with your 20 posts....We are waiting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join