It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean tunnels under South Korea and the possibility of nukes being placed in them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It is a well known fact that both of these countries have underground listening posts near the DMZ. But I've heard that the NKs have EXTENSIVE networks of tunnels located under SK that the Marines and Koreans have stumbled upon before.

I remember reading WWZ where they were talking about when the zombies hit NK and all the citizens just vanished underground never to be heard of again.

Obviously they'd be in use for NK for a pre-emtive strike for soldiers to just pop up from behind the DMZ but I wonder how many and how far they go. I've heard they have thousands and could possibly "pop-up" close to Seoul if the wanted to. What do you guys think?

This is even scarier... They wouldn't even have to have ICBMs if they could just place nuclear bombs under the tunnels. Much like this but at the DMZ.

edit on 8-3-2013 by Swing80s because: fix you tube vids

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
no video?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Links aren't working buddy, could you please link us?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

The zombies from the op took all the cameras.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There ya go... I could have probably found better videos but I thought these might prove my point..

My first question is how many and how long do you think NK's underground tunnels are?

My second question is what if instead of sending troops through their they just place one of their crappy small yeild nukes right below someplace important to take out strategic sites? Seems like the underground tests are practices for it since I don't know why they would hide their tests underground since they tell the entire world afterwards that they set one off. Unless their bombs are way too small and embarassing

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Interesting theory OP.

But the videos seem to be 'Kim Jong Gone'

Edit: Ah thanks, will take a Pyongyang at them now.
(forgive me I'm in a wierd mood tonight)
edit on 8-3-2013 by HumansEh because: vid links fixed reply to post by Swing80s

Interesting theory OP. But the videos seem to be 'Kim Jong Gone' Edit: Ah thanks, will take a Pyongyang at them now.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was talking about this possibility just last night.
See Here

I think it's a very real possibility. If their nuclear devices are still the huge test devices and not advanced enough to be bombs, artillary, or war heads then it's possible that they could cart a test device through a tunnel under the DMZ and set it off under a SK city. The only other possibilities for their threats to be true would be if we are gravely mistaken about their tech, they got warheads/bombs from another country, OR the gutted a huge plane that is capable of dropping a test device bomb style/suicide detonate over a city.

What's scary is that Seoul is very close to the border. If they could get a tunnel under it or close and set off an underground nuclear explosion it would be devastating.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When I was stationed in South Korea, Camp Casey, we were always briefed on what the north was doing, during a 1 year period during 1992-1993 there were 5 tunnels that were found leading into south korea, big enough to drive a tractor trailer through.

Standard operating procedure was to flood the tunnels and eventual have them cave in on themselfs.

The dectection of these tunnels is an on going project for south korea all the time. With the newer technoligy I don't believe that ther really are any that are left.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I couldn't prove it or even point someone to who could prove it. I couldn't say that I could ...if in fact I could. Having thrown out the fortune cookie disclaimer...I'll say..

Rumors and stories over the long years and some things guys I know who served in South Korea have said lead me to think there may be a couple mega surprises right there, at the DMZ. Little surprises that the North may find terribly equalizing for numbers in a nano second. Just rumor though...since there are probably about a thousand promises and agreements that a couple such things would never ever ever be where ..perhaps rumor would suggest they are.

Korea is such a fun place. A puzzle inside an enigma and this one comes in a foreign language and culture .....with mental instability questions for the North just for an added bonus!

Never a dull moment since all the Hope and Change began!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've sat and watched the "North Korea will destroy us all/ drag us into WWIII/ launch biological Armageddon," posts for a few days.

What most fail to take into account is the influence of China.

China has very strict policies on hegemony or use of force. Basically, they will not be the aggressor in any conflict, they will defend their own. Fair enough I say.

They also have policies on being drawn into conflict. The Chinese have already told North Korea to cool it down and even voted for UN resolution 2094.

At the risk of hyperbole, North Korea won't do sh*t. They have their prime allies voting against them in the UN and that same prime ally telling them this simple fact, "A fight with NATO is a fight no-one will win." China has no interest in a fight with NATO...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why does it seem that people in the Midwest of the United States spend more time talking and hand wringing about North Korean Nukes then the people of South Korea do, the same South Korea that has been simply living under the technical fig leaf of a cease fire.

Why is the US obsessed with a backward, isolated, dirt poor 4th world country half way around the world?

Could the obsession be due to the fact that NK just simply refuses to put its assets into the IMF pool and join the world of fiat currency run by the IMF? If so, then we really should invade already.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Seems I'm not the only one considering this, or a variation of, this scenario.

A few years back, I floated the idea that NK did not need an ICBM.

They could bury their nukes in the tunnels (well known tunnels), and begin a tactical retreat through one of the many valleys. As allied forces pursue, set the nuke off beneath their feet.

Of course, the retribution would me many times worse.....

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Who is obsessed? The U.S. or Midwestern members, as you'd be noting, didn't go around threatening to nuke people and obliterate enemies like it's all casual and dandy to say to the world. North Korea has made statements that, from some, could almost start wars. It's only because they aren't taken entirely seriously that more movement isn't happening in my view.

Still, Kim keeps pushing, even now. It makes it something to watch because it's a dynamic thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have been on both sides of the DMZ and it is true that there are tunnels. I have been down in them. There is nothing new in these stories.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well I'm not paranoid or anything... On the contrary. NK really intrigues me and I've thought about taking a flight from Seattle to Beijing to Pyongyang. Just because this hermit country is so secretive... I wonder what ole crazy Rodman saw... I also want to go to Vladivostock and take the trans-siberian railway... you might want to also after seeing this video:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Why does everyone always bring up China? Like North Korea won't do something because China tells them not to. North Korea is a sovereign country. They do as they please. They believe they are on par with the United States, Russia, and China. They will use nuclear weapons to prove they can't be told what to do.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
They are master diggers; I wouldn’t be surprised if someone going to find traces of their tunnels in Los angles!

Joke aside, both NK and SK was (still is ) one nation they have family ties together, why would they want to nuke each other..?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Why does everyone always bring up China? Like North Korea won't do something because China tells them not to. North Korea is a sovereign country. They do as they please. They believe they are on par with the United States, Russia, and China. They will use nuclear weapons to prove they can't be told what to do.

Beijing provides fuel, food and diplomatic cover to Pyongyang.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Generally animals do not bite the hand that feeds....
edit on 9-3-2013 by larapa because: quote

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
that would be suicide.
you really think that N-korea is that stuppid?
Its like with those idiots in Israel ,saying iran wil nuke israel when they have the bomb. and no matter the fallout it might have.
stuppid and unlogical thinking

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Respectfully,

A vote in the UN, does not genuine policy make. China would have no qualms about going back on their supposed support of the UN.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join