It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Wants a Searchable Database of All Your Conversations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
DARPA is working on an embryonic project that would store your every verbal conversation on an Internet server, creating a searchable chat database that would represent the ultimate privacy killer.

Having failed to establish its infamous Total Information Awareness system, although the project was continued under numerous different guises, DARPA is attempting to create a world in which your every utterance is stored in perpetuity.
DARPA

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
you have to love our government.. they come up with more things to log us, track us, spy on us, and we get the bill...

if i could retire to a cabin the middle of the woods and live forever alone i would go now, so tired of what this world is turning into.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know, lets have them start with Congress and other leaders first. See how the chips stack up to them, and maybe they will just love it so much that they vote it in for the majority. LOL What a ridiculous program to even consider

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It'll be impossible as people who have a need to secure their conversations will use code words to bypass the automatic phrase system

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I welcome this type of open dystopia. In fact please do more of it in the public eye.

It's the only way to wake them up to the DANGERS of this apparatus...

I really hope they overstep their bounds and anger someone to the point of calling them out.
edit on 4-3-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
Having failed to establish its infamous Total Information Awareness system

They did not fail, it's called the DHS... They can do what they want:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
hope they have plenty of linguists on hand ... at times hold conversations in japanese .. chinese - ( mandarin , hokkien , cantonese ) ... vietnamese .., only time use english anymore is here on ats ... they'll be bored to tears after they read the translations of my conversations ...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Are you guys serious?

Come on fellas, the only way out super-saviour government can stop all the super-evil terrorists is by seeing the conversations I have between my friends and I in a town with less than 3,000 people.

Come on now, let's not be ridiculous, our government would never lie to us and force legislature down the system that steadily undermines our rights and our freedoms. They'd never do that! Obama says so on the TV guys!!

/mini rant

Okay I'm done.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
It'll be impossible as people who have a need to secure their conversations will use code words to bypass the automatic phrase system

I couldn't get Ebonics and doubt I could disguise my conversations very well. As it stands, I just assume they are listening and the only reason they haven't used the NDAA on me is I am related to two Presidents, 3 Governors and all my friends and neighbors would not react well to any kind of SWAT Team in our neighborhood.
edit on 4-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Honey boo boo's priceless pearls are already being preserved for posterity aren't they?
I don't care if they record me, when I think of the mind numbing billions of hours of inane drivel coming out of people's mouths on a daily basis, I can see the IQ points of those listening falling from here.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You know, I have absolutely no fear of this.

In fact I'd be as bold as to say that any IDIOT that allows their self to be recorded for any reason, in daily life conversations, bloody deserves to be harnessed for all their worth.

I simply cannot fathom how someone can be aware of something and yet consider it an intrusion, when they have every option to opt out.

This is like you having a web cam, turned on, pointed at you, all the time, by your own choice, and then complaining that people are looking at you.

I tried to get the gist of How people were going to be duped into being recorded 24/7 from ignorancewars, but couldn't. So tried the Wired article. And it just does not scare me.

You know, if you turn your electronic doodads off, you're not being recorded, right? Even if somehow the immediate future turns into some desperate noir version of bladerunner, where robots walk to the bus with you..

"OMG they're going to record everything you say and store it for all perpetuity!!!!!"

Well, if there were complete idiots out there with pockets full of money and had a look in their eye like "Take my money please, I'm ever so slightly retarded!" -- I'd be writing apps to get it too.

Turn your things off. Go to a park. Remember though, in real life the bogey man wears a trenchcoat, and not a super duper secret microphone with a sign on it saying "Im recording you, huurp!"

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
you have to love our government.. they come up with more things to log us, track us, spy on us, and we get the bill...

if i could retire to a cabin the middle of the woods and live forever alone i would go now, so tired of what this world is turning into.

Turn the computer off and I'll believe you.

Wait, you need that huh.

It's a necessity of life.. oh no...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

You will be charged with multiple verbal offense violations.
Next up. Thought crime, Sense(emotion) offense, and belief violations.

Praise Lenin!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

DARPA is in UR brains, hacking your stories
^For your consideration in regards to the information you presented on this thread, OP. This has long been a "project of research," designed, perhaps, to do many things, one amongst them, to provide alternate figures for historically important lives because the first is either no longer with us, or was marginalized for not agreeing to go along with certain motivations, or just in general to predict human behavior, and attribute it elsewhere in a believable manner, one with plausible deniability in case of objections as though no such thing has happened or is, or perhaps to map out future interactions leading to planned events, with complete control over the planned outcome....or just to generally brain/memory wipe populaces, and feed their own memories back to them......
Interesting OP.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

If you think about it, you're already being recorded for all time. Right now, on ATS.

Every word you say is stored in a server somewhere, probably multiple servers. Every U2U you send, every comment you make, every thread you author.

Or on any blog on the net, any forum, any chat room, anywhere that there is a social networking aspect to it, you're being recorded. Stored. Likely data mined for all your worth.

And you do all of this willingly.

"Ohno, they're going to record my voice conversations!!"

And you think they're going to sneak into your house at night, plug your toaster into the snazzy transmitter they have invented at DARPA, and stealthily record you....

Or better, that they'll sell you a smart phone, and then implement a feature that can cause you legal problems if you try to circumvent it's intent.

The world that exists in the future, to me, is bland and corrupt.

And it is far preferable to the fantastical tales of madness I read from some around here.

Egads...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

They will learn all code words that YOU use. Their will be regional, local, and personal code words which will be deciphered.

That's easily deducible.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Only nutters think the government won't spy on you.

Boom microphones inside light posts?

With Voice recognition and Triangulation. GPS tracking though your phone and certain cards you have.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Only way to defeat a system like that is create several fuzzy languages.

One word can mean many things. Based on context,time,cipher,tone and equations.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
When the NSA's new data center is complete, they will have the ability to do that and much more, in fact you'd be amazed at what is autonomously monitored now, in real time, and on virtually ALL forms of electronic communications...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by nomnom

Only way to defeat a system like that is create several fuzzy languages.

One word can mean many things. Based on context,time,cipher,tone and equations.

That would give people an up for a little while. Eventually with enough computational power and good enough AI, it will be defeated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join