It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Wants a Searchable Database of All Your Conversations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
DARPA is working on an embryonic project that would store your every verbal conversation on an Internet server, creating a searchable chat database that would represent the ultimate privacy killer.

Having failed to establish its infamous Total Information Awareness system, although the project was continued under numerous different guises, DARPA is attempting to create a world in which your every utterance is stored in perpetuity.
DARPA

Sorry but you forgot to put ATS Logo GPL and etc..etc.....
It already happening

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
You know, I have absolutely no fear of this.

In fact I'd be as bold as to say that any IDIOT that allows their self to be recorded for any reason, in daily life conversations, bloody deserves to be harnessed for all their worth.

I simply cannot fathom how someone can be aware of something and yet consider it an intrusion, when they have every option to opt out.

This is like you having a web cam, turned on, pointed at you, all the time, by your own choice, and then complaining that people are looking at you.

I tried to get the gist of How people were going to be duped into being recorded 24/7 from ignorancewars, but couldn't. So tried the Wired article. And it just does not scare me.

You know, if you turn your electronic doodads off, you're not being recorded, right? Even if somehow the immediate future turns into some desperate noir version of bladerunner, where robots walk to the bus with you..

"OMG they're going to record everything you say and store it for all perpetuity!!!!!"

Well, if there were complete idiots out there with pockets full of money and had a look in their eye like "Take my money please, I'm ever so slightly retarded!" -- I'd be writing apps to get it too.

Turn your things off. Go to a park. Remember though, in real life the bogey man wears a trenchcoat, and not a super duper secret microphone with a sign on it saying "Im recording you, huurp!"

I have been waiting for this opportunity to use this quote where you are concerned "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"

It must also be added that not having any fear is often a sign of not having anything to lose. In my case, I would be considered wealthy but that aside, I have children who thus far refuse to leave the USA to a safe distance so, while I could otherwise remove me and mine from this cage full of treasonous vipers, rats and cockroaches, it looks like I am going to have to fight on the ground where I stand, beginning with taking our locally elected officials to task; e.g. City Council, Sheriff, State Representative and Congressmen. Our Governor is a RED MARXIST beyond redemption but this will be his last term so on all counts it may be a matter of replaces all these Obamanoid Agenda 21 Globalist Devils.

Those here who have nothing to lose; who have no sense of having benefited from living in a country where our Constitution and Bill of Right has until they murdered JFK and RFK protected most of our American Way Of Life will continue to make Jackass Jokes and will be willingly give up everything so long as they can feed their bellies and be entertained...these are not worth the effort to try to convert and will serve better as Cannon Fodder for the coming "Buck Stop".
edit on 4-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

MajorKarma, can you talk a little bit louder, we're having a hard time getting some of your conversation. Give us a good voice check please. "Testing, one two, testing", something like that. Thanks. (and you're still watching those old Family Guy episodes? Dude, turn the sound down, okay?)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In all seriousness, it has all gone far far far beyond "Stupid Conspiracy B S"; our nation, our way of life and the future of our under attack from within by our enemies who have been scheming and working from every direction to over throw our Republic, probably since the British declared their Faux Surrender. They have had generations to carefully put their pieces in place; re-writing our history and subverting our education system, shoving their Federal Reserve System and IRS up our back-sides, murdering anyone who got in the way of their plans; e.g. Lincoln, JFK, RFK....they will justify and reward their minions who will murder women and children, as the did at Waco and on 9-11. These people can not believe in God or Judgement or Hell because they would not commit the many many crimes or be so bold as to do what they have done on 9-11 and since.

No, I am not joking and there is nothing funny about any of this crap Obama and those with him have and are trying to do. It is time to wake up and get serious with our local elected officials who need to either be with the American People and our Constitution or removed from office. It is on the local levels where we can do the most for ourselves, our families and community and then Nations. Call a Devil for the Devils they are.
edit on 4-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

The post was satire, I was pretending to be one of the DARPA people listening to you, and then writing you to give a voice check. Everyone here is concerned about the new world, and by talking about it (and yes, even joking about it) we bring awareness to it just as you have with this thread. Certainly no disrespect intended, and in a world where "play" is still allowed, my serious thanks for bringing these things further to our attention.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I thought of posting this earlier before the lame-attempt-at-humor post, and will now. Twice in two days a family member went to her car, which has Onstar installed, and both times Onstar had come on and was in "communicaiton mode" without anybody having been in the car. I told her that even when it is off the people at Onstar (or their subcontractors) can listen in if they want to. She didn't believe me.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
As the man says and I repeat "Blog This"

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I would hate to have that job. Playing through the worlds conversations all day.... talk about voices in your head.
It would drive me nuts!...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am confident they already have it.

Are probably, just going public to garner more support for increased funding. SOP and all that jazz.

Considering they have war-driving capable UAVs and all, combined with cell tower intercept, it has potential to be an echelon data mining hybrid.

Either way, if they are talking about it, it has probably already happened, and they are figuring out how to implement it en masse.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Are probably, just going public to garner more support for increased funding. SOP and all that jazz.

Considering they have war-driving capable UAVs and all, combined with cell tower intercept, it has potential to be an echelon data mining hybrid.

Either way, if they are talking about it, it has probably already happened, and they are figuring out how to implement it en masse.

I believe you are right, have been right for many years but the one thing they have yet to solve is how to deal with millions and millions of Armed and pissed off Americans when suddenly they wake up to just how evil these bastards are. I suspect they think crashing our dollar and manipulating the masses trough their bellies is their plan but will they survive it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is one of the two reasons all languages have begun. A population either evolves in seclusion forming their own language, or a population has a need to keep secrets from the population alongside which it's evolving.

I have a feeling that, in twenty years, it won't just be the texts of younger generations older folks can't understand. They'll be in the midst of developing a unique language by then.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Is it coming? Yeah. Is it operational? So-so. Can we do anything about it? Nah. Will it backfire? Indubitably. Are we on a list for even talking about it? Depends on how operational and efficient it currently is heheh. Do I care? Not really...although, I admit, I would probably scream like a sissy while being waterboarded for writing about it. That's not to say, however, I wouldn't hock a luggie in someone's face between my screams.

Not to get all Biblical or nuthin'...but ain't it kind of strange how the world is really starting to resemble the world-scene as depicted in Revelations? Coincidence? Self-fulfilling prophecy? Legitimate prophecy?

S&F, OP. DARPA deserves watching. Brilliant? Yes they are. Morally responsible? Nah.

Some concatenate info with relevancy for "full-spectrum" sociological dominance. It may seem somewhat disparate, but think about it:

"Stories exert a powerful influence on human thoughts and behavior. They consolidate memory, shape emotions, cue heuristics and biases in judgment, influence in-group/out-group distinctions, and may affect the fundamental contents of personal identity.

It comes as no surprise that these influences make stories highly relevant to vexing security challenges such as radicalization, violent social mobilization, insurgency and terrorism, and conflict prevention and resolution. Therefore, understanding the role stories play in a security context is a matter of great import and some urgency," DARPA stated. "Ascertaining exactly what function stories enact, and by what mechanisms they do so, is a necessity if we are to effectively analyze the security phenomena shaped by stories. Doing this in a scientifically respectable manner requires a working theory of narratives, an understanding of what role narratives play in security contexts, and examination of how to best analyze stories-decomposing them and their psychological impact systematically."

According to DARPA, STORyNET has three goals:

1. To survey narrative theories. These empirically informed theories should tell us something about the nature of stories: what is a story? What are its moving parts? Is there a list of necessary and sufficient conditions it takes for a stimulus to be considered a story instead of something else? Does the structure and function of stories vary considerably across cultural contexts or is there a universal theory of story?

2. To better understand the role of narrative in security contexts. What role do stories play in influencing political violence and to what extent? What function do narratives serve in the process of political radicalization and how do they influence a person or group's choice of means (such as violence) to achieve political ends? How do stories influence bystanders' response to conflict? Is it possible to measure how attitudes salient to security issues are shaped by stories?

3. To survey the state of the art in narrative analysis and decomposition tools. How can we take stories and make them quantitatively analyzable in a rigorous, transparent and repeatable fashion? What analytic approaches or tools best establish a framework for the scientific study of the psychological and neurobiological impact of stories on people? Are particular approaches or tools better than others for understanding how stories propagate in a system so as to influence behavior?

www.networkworld.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-3-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Hard for me to figure out how a true patriot with a an exceptional brain has slipped through the cracks 'round these parts. Dig it though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join