It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck Driver Confirms Underground City Beneath US. 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...
Evidently the Salt mines were not only used for tours after closing, but to store hazardous Waste (I ahadnt a clue) and are now reopened to mine salt? Or at least bought out by a Salt Company.

It says there are 50 miles of tunnels under there...Crazy stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I drove a truck for awhile....around 8 years....and I can tell you that this place like a place in Missouri I went to and yes it is underground because its used for cold storage. If I remember right it was a grocery chain that had there cold storage in the caves which is all they are...no cities as such just a bunch of loading docks with very little room to back a 53 foot trailer into...a real pain in the back side. There was also a company or seceral of them that stored records for both government and non government entities.

I can not watch videos where I am right now so not sure of what claims are being made but there are bunches of places like this...vast amounts of space under Kansas City craved out of the granite ready for climate controlled storage....so if this guy is saying that there are underground cities then yes bunk as it is just a normal and routine storage facility.

www.google.com.af...:en-US
fficial&channel=fflb&biw=1600&bih=759&tbm=isch&t bnid=fWkXG8ZaZi_LBM:&imgrefurl=http://www.myspace.com/chittder/photos/3032731&docid=wKgWEkqmAzueJM&itg=1&imgurl=http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/ima ges01/22/a43c24f7d77b833bdea150b3e1ff1059/l.jpg&w=320&h=240&ei=9gA1UeqhHsbntQaD7oDgAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=731&sig=116126951295460466000&page=1&tbnh=189 &tbnw=248&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0&tx=173&ty=62&ved=1t:3588,r:6,s:0,i:95" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I believe the US does have DUMBS, and maybe a connected network of them. If you go back to the Cold War, and think about how freaked out the Worlds leaders were, Especially President Reagan. I think he had a genuine fear, and if these were built, most likely started on Reagans presidency. He wanted many sheilds against possible Nuclear and space weapons, Star Wars was one option, and I think the other was to have a well established network of DUMBS to carry life on, in case of an attack. It would make sense, hell if I was president during those tramatic times, I sure would have considerd it

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Considering things like Google Earth, and the ease of viewing practically anything above ground (and even if the main "stuff" is done in buildings, you still can be tracked virtually non stop with security cameras, satellites, cell phones, etc. add in something like the Predator tracking software demo and I think its pretty obvious why a government, military, and pretty much anyone wealthy would not only want but require extensive Underground roadways and whatnot to get off the grid - tracking cam grid that is.

And gives new meaning to "Going Underground". :-)

No doubt there's a whole country under there rather than just a city or many. Always thought building these underground travel ways and cities are a good candidate for the weird vibrations and noises people have been hearing all over the world but can't seem to locate just where its coming from. Underground and thus all around, as TPTB gear up for something massive. I wonder if they really know something bad is coming, doing it all just as precaution and privacy as speculated above, or if they are just people too and end up freaking out over the same rumors that end up scaring the vibes out of all of us. Or if they even know themselves!
edit on 4-3-2013 by NewtonDKC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I believe the US does have DUMBS, and maybe a connected network of them. If you go back to the Cold War, and think about how freaked out the Worlds leaders were, Especially President Reagan. I think he had a genuine fear, and if these were built, most likely started on Reagans presidency. He wanted many sheilds against possible Nuclear and space weapons, Star Wars was one option, and I think the other was to have a well established network of DUMBS to carry life on, in case of an attack. It would make sense, hell if I was president during those tramatic times, I sure would have considerd it

Greenbrier [sic] hotel, hours away from Washington, and an old story from the Washington Post.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Where is this supposed to be located? The obvious question would be that if this is some super secret secure entrance to the underground hidden by the military/government, then how did this guy get to the entrance or inside the area? Surely it would be cordoned off if it were some secret project. That is actually so plausible that I would say it is fact. There has been no deviation from that norm throughout the history of US secret building projects.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
I always wondered why the didnt turn the old Salt Mines under Detroit into a city.

I took a tour there when I was in school- They are MASSIVE (Detroit is almost 200 sq miles and the mines are probably 1/4 of the city)- They stay at a relative temperature all year long (no heating and cooling needed) and again...massive -they dwarf those pictures.

I have been in mammoth cave and some,...Um....caves I wasnt supposed to enter in kentucky as I love spelunking and feel very at easy underground. The "hollow Earth" theory is my favorite (although I honestly do not believe it) and I would live underground in a heartbeat... Detroit could literally probably move the remaining population into the mines and have leftover room.

Anyhow, this is all cool stuff IMO. Any really long documentaries or podcasts (I like long stuff , lol) about the Hollow Earth? I usually cannot find anything except new agey stuff and I am more interesting in exploration of labyrinthine caverns and the like.

The Detroit salt mines are still very much alive and active with on-going mining.
No tours are running at the persent time.

See photos and info here : www.atlasobscura.com...

Rock salt is what is mined from below the city of Detroit.

More info here
www.detroitsalt.com...

The Detroit Salt Company, LLC, a subsidiary of The Kissner Group, is a part of the history and fabric of Detroit with nearly 100 years of operations. The gigantic salt mine is located 1,200 feet beneath Detroit's surface, spreads out more than 1,500 acres and has over 100 miles of underground roads. The mineshaft opening is located at 12841 Sanders Street in Detroit, Michigan.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I bet that secret underground city I see the entrance of pictured there has an ancient portal that allows instantaneous travel to other planets hidden inside it too.. and they keep aliens down there...

Wait wasn't that a....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
When the meteors strike or the war breaks out, how else do you think they will be able to travel and bring good for the rebuilding as top side becomes hostile with MAD MAX mentalities Roads will be destroyed and or booby trapped as to stop hijack shipments. Not to mention the air quality will not be so good.

Most of those trucks seen going to the bases have reefers on them ( refrigeration) which tells me its most likely food.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Check out Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, he has an episode on this. He actually drives around in one of the underground cities, and of course its upto you whether its real or not but the road he was on was indeed wide enough for semi's as they passed one while driving.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
and just an afterthought

if we have that just under the surface.... what in the hell would we find under the crust of mars?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
Anyhow, this is all cool stuff IMO. Any really long documentaries or podcasts (I like long stuff , lol) about the Hollow Earth? I usually cannot find anything except new agey stuff and I am more interesting in exploration of labyrinthine caverns and the like.

you could try digging up some old C2C (coast to coast am) broadcasts as I'm pretty sure they would have done a few sessions that last a couple of hours a piece on the "hollow earth theory" which is absolutely fascinating, for the original stuff look up SHARPE-SHAVER (all one name, hyphonated I think)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well as a soldier stationed at Ft. Wainwright, AK, on occassion when it was too cold outside we would perform PT in the tunnels under our base.

The tunnels were extensive enough to go all the way to Ft. Greely which is a good 100 miles I believe from Wainwright.

I'm sure we just rennovated and improved the many tunnels and caverns that were already here.

There's some history to be found and explored under our feets, that's for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join