It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Song From Every Country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Celebrate Diversity

I was just listening to some World Music - which gave me the idea for this thread. Could ATS compile a song list from every country on earth? I am no expert in what is regarded as a country/nation, but I noticed that Scotland, Wales and England are not listed (They all come under UK). Also I can't find The "United states of America" So I added them separately.

If a country is not available, a reference to a song would be good. Also could a description of the song be added

It would be awesome to have every country represented.

A-Z list of Countries

A very frequent geographical question is "How many countries are in the world?" Different numbers pop up when one inquires or reads about the number of countries in the world. Each source you use often yields a different answer. Ultimately, the best answer is that there are 196 countries in the world.

Number of countries in the world

It's just like the Song Game but with countries in alphabetic order. The first song will come from Afghanistan and then Albania, Algeria, Andorra ect. Maybe even two or three from certain countries.

A

Afghanistan - Albania - Algeria - Andorra - Angola - Antigua and Barbuda - Argentina - Armenia - Australia - Austria - Azerbaijan

B

The Bahamas - Bahrain - Bangladesh - Barbados - Belarus - Belgium - Belize - Benin - Bhutan - Bolivia - Bosnia and Herzegovina - Botswana - Brazil - Brunei - Bulgaria - Burkina Faso - Burma
Burundi

C

Cambodia - Cameroon - Canada - Cape Verde - Central African Republic - Chad - Chile - China - Colombia - Comoros -Democratic Republic of the Congo - Costa Rica - Cote d'Ivoire - Croatia - Cuba - Cyprus - Czech Republic

D

Denmark - Djibouti - Dominica - Dominican Republic

E

East Timor - Ecuador - Egypt - El Salvador - England - Equatorial Guinea - Eritrea - Estonia - Ethiopia

F

Fiji - Finland - France

G

Gabon - The Gambia - Georgia - Germany - Ghana - Greece - Grenada - Guatemala - Guinea - Guinea-Bissau - Guyana

H

Haiti - Holy See - Honduras - Hong Kong - Hungary

I

Iceland - India - Indonesia - Iran - Iraq - Ireland - Israel - Italy

J

Jamaica - Japan - Jordan

K

Kazakhstan - Kenya - Kiribati - North Korea - South Korea - Kosovo - Kuwait - Kyrgyzstan

L

Laos - Latvia - Lebanon - Lesotho - Liberia - Libya - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg

M

Macau - Macedonia - Madagascar - Malawi - Malaysia - Maldives - Mali - Malta - Marshall Islands - Mauritania - Mauritius - Mexico - Micronesia - Moldova - Monaco - Mongolia - Montenegro - Morocco - Mozambique

N

Namibia - Nauru - Nepal - Netherlands - Netherlands Antilles - New Zealand - Nicaragua - Niger - Nigeria - Norway

O

Oman

P

Pakistan - Palau - Palestinian Territories - Panama - Papua New Guinea - Paraguay - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal

Q

Qatar

R

Romania - Russia - Rwanda

S

Saint Kitts and Nevis - Saint Lucia - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Samoa - San Marino - Sao Tome and Principe - Saudi Arabia - Scotland - Senegal - Serbia - Seychelles - Sierra Leone - Singapore - Slovakia - Slovenia - Solomon Islands - Somalia - South Africa - South Sudan - Spain - Sri Lanka - Sudan - Suriname - Swaziland - Sweden - Switzerland - Syria

T

Taiwan - Tajikistan - Tanzania - Thailand - Timor-Leste - Togo - Tonga - Trinidad and Tobago - Tunisia - Turkey - Turkmenistan - Tuvalu

U

Uganda - Ukraine - United Arab Emirates - United Kingdom - Uruguay - United States of America - Uzbekistan

V

Vanuatu - Venezuela - Vietnam

W

Wales

Y

Yemen

Z

Zambia - Zimbabwe

OK here is song/country number 1

Afghanistan

No Description available

edit on 3-3-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread

ALBANIA

SnF
Cody

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Algeria

Abdel Kader, my master, my guide
Ease my pain, make me strong
Help me through the dark night of my soul
O sweet girl of my homeland
Why is my heart so troubled
While yours is at peace?
In spite of love's many pleasures
She's turned away and left me
After a night of bliss
Abdel Kader, keeper of the keys
Keeper of my soul
I have left heaven and come back to earth
Away from her arms
I pray life is long enough to let me start over
Heal me and turn me away from my pain

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Andorra

That was tougher than I thought

edit on 3/3/13 by cody599 because: Crap typing

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
ANGOLA

Mona Ki Ngi Xica(The child I leave behind) Bonga

This song is from the African country of Angola and is sung in kimbundu, one of the languages of Angola. The song is from the LP Angola 72(1972) and is sung by Bonga.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Denmark

Peter Sommer - Valby Bakke

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Think you missed the point Spacespider D is a long way off

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Antigua

Argentina

edit on 3-3-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

Armenia
Although not from the country Serj is Armenian and it is sung in the language.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Josephus because: more to add

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
South Africa:

Lucky Dube with "Different Colors (One People)":

edit on 3-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Let us not forget the song of the arachnids!

They deserve recognition for their unfailing service in pest control...many an irritating fly has been slain by these cute fuzzy warriors.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

AUSTRALIA

We have at least 3 worthy of entry

Our unofficial national anthem

Then we have the feel good Aussie song

And one for all the Aussies like myself who may have left OZ but the OZ hasnt left us

Great idea SnF

edit on 3/3/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Austria

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on 27 January 1756 to Leopold Mozart (1719–1787) and Anna Maria, née Pertl (1720–1778), at 9 Getreidegasse in Salzburg. This was the capital of the Archbishopric of Salzburg, a ecclesiastical principality in what is now Austria, then part of the Holy Roman Empire.He was the youngest of seven children, five of whom died in infancy.His elder sister was Maria Anna (1751–1829), nicknamed "Nannerl". Mozart was baptized the day after his birth at St. Rupert's Cathedral.
Link

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
AZERBAIJAN

Azerbaijan has an ancient and historic cultural heritage, including the distinction of being the first Muslim-majority country to have operas, theater and plays.

Something more cultural. Truer to the spirit of the region:

edit on 3-3-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm Armenian and this is one of my favorite songs...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Bahamas

Ronnie Butler is a famous Bahamian calypso and rake n scrape entertainer and singer. Butler is referred to as "The Godfather of Bahamian Music" and his career spans more than five decades. Butler, began his career in music at the age of 16.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
America

edit on 3-3-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Austria

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born on 27 January 1756 to Leopold Mozart (1719–1787) and Anna Maria, née Pertl (1720–1778), at 9 Getreidegasse in Salzburg. This was the capital of the Archbishopric of Salzburg, a ecclesiastical principality in what is now Austria, then part of the Holy Roman Empire.He was the youngest of seven children, five of whom died in infancy.His elder sister was Maria Anna (1751–1829), nicknamed "Nannerl". Mozart was baptized the day after his birth at St. Rupert's Cathedral.
Link

After listening to this emotional masterpiece every thing seems dull in comparison.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Russian being my second language, I had to drop Blatnoy in it.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Bahrain

Bahrain is believed to be the site of the ancient land of the Dilmun civilisation. Bahrain came under the rule of successive Persian empires, the Parthians and Sassanids empires respectively. Bahrain was one of the earliest areas to convert to Islam in 628 AD. Following a successive period of Arab rule, the country was occupied by the Portuguese in 1521. The Portuguese were later expelled, in 1602, by Shah Abbas I of the Safavid empire. In 1783, the Bani Utbah tribe captured Bahrain from the Persians and was ruled by the Al Khalifa royal family since, with Ahmed al Fateh being the first hakim of Bahrain. In the late 1800s, following successive treaties with the British, Bahrain became a protectorate of the United Kingdom. Following the withdrawal of the British from the region in the late 1960s, Bahrain declared independence in 1971.
Link

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There is only one song from England..

The National Anthem, - God Save the Queen

Enjoy.

<<   2  3 >>

join