It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly everyone I know is broke, this economy sucks!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
People, you're doing it wrong. You are not meant to have a job. That is the lie told to you since birth. You are not meant to work for other people. It is something you do when you have no other options. You are meant to work for yourself. To start your own business. To learn how to make money in America without Government or State aid.

This will fall on deaf ears because people aren't ready to hear it. But it's true. You need to learn to think outside the box. That steady paycheck isn't so steady when your employer can shut it off whenever they want. Think about that.

I agree, but it takes capital to start a business. Most people are living paycheck to paycheck. If starting your own business was viable option for most, you would see millions of people escaping wage slavery into their own jobs. Sadly this is not happening.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iscool
reply to post by stormson

~~~but i thought it was the rich that created jobs. they have record profits and stocks, so where are the jobs? their taxes were the lowest ever till this year, and even then it didnt go up that high.~~ The rich DO create jobs...Do people think they bury their money in jars and hide it in a hole in their back yards???The rich invest their money and people borrow it and create jobs with it...The problem is, all the jobs are being created in China, Indonesia, India, etc., etc...We need politiicans who recognize the problem and are willing to get the jobs back home...And there is only one politician out there who publically admits the problem exists and is willing to do what it takes to fix it...But people just don't seem to like her for whatever reasons...

The rich DO create jobs, in China and Mexico.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No suprise really and yes it will probably get much worse. Both big parties have lots of answering to do but when is the question, if ever. Its probably all been planned this way a long time ago. Good luck! The rest of the world, with the exception of asia, is doing pretty bad as well. How else are they gonna give us that new world disorder? Create the problems and then offer their solutions. We should give them the middle finger instead!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
-Personally I feel we are really heading towards a major war.

I think they (whoever "they" are) know that the game is about up- But with a Great War (a 'real' War unlike Iraq/Afgan) they will kill many of us off, get the economy back on track and start the whole thing over... And quite honestly this is about all they can do- China could dump the Dollar (or buy up everything we have) and destroy us right now- hence I think we will be facing China soon enough and I do not think its going to be pretty.

-I hope I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

I think they (whoever "they" are) know that the game is about up- But with a Great War (a 'real' War unlike Iraq/Afgan) they will kill many of us off, get the economy back on track and start the whole thing over... And quite honestly this is about all they can do- China could dump the Dollar (or buy up everything we have) and destroy us right now- hence I think we will be facing China soon enough and I do not think its going to be pretty.

-I hope I am wrong.

China is not the threat at all. Neither is russia. At least not from a militaristic perspective.

As for dumping the dollar I assume you mean the petro-dollar which is a great myth based on hot air and nothing else. Economies are strong because of their export to import ratio among other factors. The last 25 years we are importing MUCH MORE than what we export. As the most developed first world nation we are a bit expensive for big business and without tariffs it makes the decision to move out really easy for them. The american government of democrats and republicans failing to take protectionist measures(it has become a dirty world lately by the globalists) is 1000% to blame. They try to please the wall street investors and speculators and the politicians themselves are heavily involved in insider trading schemes. Create the bad news to increase volatlity and immidiately profit of the ignorant unsuspecting masses. It works pretty good!

There is no manufacturing in america and even carl rove admitted a staunch conservative and the least likely to say something like that. We have a service industry which is typical of third world countries. People need the welfare state to exist and new taxes to sustain it. Only a blind or evil person would miss the picture.

Anyway if ww3 happens it will be based on israel needing protection from iran, that has not attacked a single nation for hundreds of years. This bs is as fake as fake can be. Israel doesn't even deserve to have a country from their 80 years of incompetance and lies. It is criminal to support them especially when it is done unconditionally as usa and canada do.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

-I hope I am wrong.

China is not the threat at all. Neither is russia. At least not from a militaristic perspective.

As for dumping the dollar I assume you mean the petro-dollar which is a great myth based on hot air and nothing else. Economies are strong because of their export to import ratio among other factors. The last 25 years we are importing MUCH MORE than what we export. As the most developed first world nation we are a bit expensive for big business and without tariffs it makes the decision to move out really easy for them. The american government of democrats and republicans failing to take protectionist measures(it has become a dirty world lately by the globalists) is 1000% to blame. They try to please the wall street investors and speculators and the politicians themselves are heavily involved in insider trading schemes. Create the bad news to increase volatlity and immidiately profit of the ignorant unsuspecting masses. It works pretty good!

There is no manufacturing in america and even carl rove admitted a staunch conservative and the least likely to say something like that. We have a service industry which is typical of third world countries. People need the welfare state to exist and new taxes to sustain it. Only a blind or evil person would miss the picture.

Anyway if ww3 happens it will be based on israel needing protection from iran, that has not attacked a single nation for hundreds of years. This bs is as fake as fake can be. Israel doesn't even deserve to have a country from their 80 years of incompetance and lies. It is criminal to support them especially when it is done unconditionally as usa and canada do.

-No I meant the dollars they are holding.

I totally agree with you about our manufacturing (being from Michigan I have probably seen it more than most-) AND with Israel...

I mentioned China not because they are a Military threat but because a "War" would allow us to bring our manufacturing base back here and do (essentially) a reset now that we are already flooded with cheap goods. Kinda like, they helped make Corporations rich and pretty much decimated the good jobs- The only way to now bring those jobs home is a war with China- Again, I am not saying this something I want nor even know a ton about but it seems plausible.
EDIT: Now they could bring those jobs back here for half the wage they paid ion the late 1990s and people would trip over themselves top work at those jobs... I remeber in the mod 90s there was a TON of small factories here starting at $10/hour- Those weren't considered "good " jobs either... But now the few remaining factories start around $9.00/hour and are impossible to get employed at.
edit on 2-3-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its time to take out all your credit, cc, liune of credit. Get as much loans as you have to. Not pay back a penny. As long as you don't own a house. If you have no assets they can't take anything from you.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

The answer is heavy tariffs across the board on anything coming from asia. It would destroy wall street greed really fast and MAKE business come back. Why would big business stay in asia and have to sell their products in america AT THE SAME COST as it would for them to manufacture in the states? See what I mean?

As for dumping the dollar so what? It might create some temporary high inflation, but soon enough it will go down once people go back to work, taxes are collected and the debt gets paid off. China is bluffing and the global capitalists know it.

Another good measure is lower capital gains tax from 39% to 25% to stimulate investment. Then fix the progressive income tax system by adjusting the brackets upwards. The current measures are skewed against the middle class. People who cannot afford to pay pay too much and those that can afford to pay don't pay enough.

It takes a combination of measures to fix a problem that has been neglected for decades. I don't claim to have all the solutions, just giving ideas based on my limited knowledge and experience.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Things are pretty bad in Pennsylvania as well. A lot of people are saying that the 1% are basically trying to make sure that the 99% are without options for employment, healthcare, education, and living situations. It's really scary when most people I speak to are too afraid to talk about what is really going on. Things seem very scary at the moment and there needs to be a way that people can come together to discuss these issues and get them resolved. I've had a job since I was 13 years old...and then in the past three years I was unable to find a job anywhere and I have a degree and over 10 years experience. I applied to thousands of jobs without a response...it seems like there's a sort of dictatorship going on. This is a new world and it's damn scary. A lot of people I speak with are afraid for their safety and for the economy in general. The numbers just don't seem to add up to what we are seeing. They have tried to silence the occupy protestors and most people are too afraid to speak up.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gr9g9997
Its time to take out all your credit, cc, liune of credit. Get as much loans as you have to. Not pay back a penny. As long as you don't own a house. If you have no assets they can't take anything from you.

Not pay back a penny...right...so in other words, steal. I expect to get a lot of "that is what the TPTB are doing to us" and I am not going to argue that. I just dont get why any person here feels the response above is any better than what is being done to people on a daily basis. Companies steal from the small people..small people steal from the companies. No one wins. I hate when people use their own desperation as justification to break the law. It's weak.

It sucks for people that are out there , willing to work hard and can't get a break. I hold many different parties accountable for that. I also think for someone to say " you spent money on a movie or a meal or whatever" you can't be that hard up is also pretty ridiculous. Every single person on here lives life in a different manner.I don't expect anyone to tell me how to live mine nor do i feel I am qualified to tell anyone how to live theirs. If someone chooses to buy things they feel they need when they are tight on money then that is on them and it was a choice they made.

Additionally I saw someone say chances are someone you know is unemployed or in a desperate situation. I feel sorry for people that are dealing with that. None of my friends or family over 33 , that want to work, are currently unemployed. Those people cross various industries like IT, software engineering, civil engineer, medical, PR in the states of PA and NJ. Where it gets dicey is what I have been saying all along, the next generation of people. Of those relatives their is not a single one under 32 that is working in their chosen field or unemployed. I cant even imagine how hopeless or stressed professionally that age range must feel.

edit on 2-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

because a "War" [with China] would allow us to bring our manufacturing base back here and do

You have an interesting point here, BUT you disregard the fact that it is "the elite" who are those who outsource for cheap work to China.

NO ONE would go to war with China if the result will be that the few, rich (SO CALLED job givers) would not be able anymore to let Chinese do work for 1/10th of that of an US worker.

So..ironically, a war with China would make things for "the elite" much worse, it would cost them more. "The Elite" will do nothing which would threaten their ability to get Chinese "slaves" working for them or being able to manufacture in China, as opposed to EU or US where making a TV or whatever would cost 10-100 times more.

edit on 2-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeDesign

I think people are scared to talk about it because a lot them are grasping at keeping the illusion alive..I KNOW a lot of people that are in the same boat as you and I...but are too afraid to let go of the illusion that they are fine..buying cars and clothes and going to disney..all on credit I suppose..because I know where they work and approx how much they make...there is no way they aren't propping up their lifestyle...just to hold on to the jones attitude..stars forbid we have people thinking we are in poverty...that's the way I see it..I just don't discuss anything with anyone...because I have found they look at me funny like I'm living on another planet..but in there, in the little corner of their eye I can see their fear...I know they know...and are just too afraid to let go and face reality.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The chineese can't export a damm thing as long as wall street is breathing down their neck. I used to get unsolicited chain emails enticing me to buy medicine from hong kong at a 70% discount but was hesitant because of the rumors they were dangerous. Chineese firms TRY TO SELL stuff but the media frenzy against them is over-whelmingly negative and people are scared to buy any chineese stuff.

Protectionism is what we and china need. If the trend of globalism continues i see african nations being next on wall streets exploitation list. But to be frank I don't think the american government has the balls to neuter itself by doing the correct thing. It is much easier to be an inside trader and warmonger; guaranteed profits and easy.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeDesign

Things are pretty bad in Pennsylvania as well. A lot of people are saying that the 1% are basically trying to make sure that the 99% are without options for employment, healthcare, education, and living situations. It's really scary when most people I speak to are too afraid to talk about what is really going on. Things seem very scary at the moment and there needs to be a way that people can come together to discuss these issues and get them resolved. I've had a job since I was 13 years old...and then in the past three years I was unable to find a job anywhere and I have a degree and over 10 years experience. I applied to thousands of jobs without a response...it seems like there's a sort of dictatorship going on. This is a new world and it's damn scary. A lot of people I speak with are afraid for their safety and for the economy in general. The numbers just don't seem to add up to what we are seeing. They have tried to silence the occupy protestors and most people are too afraid to speak up.

What part of Pennsylvania do you live in?

Is this the entire state?

scary

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

because a "War" [with China] would allow us to bring our manufacturing base back here and do

You have an interesting point here, BUT you disregard the fact that it is "the elite" who are those who outsource for cheap work to China.

NO ONE would go to war with China if the result will be that the few, rich (SO CALLED job givers) would not be able anymore to let Chinese do work for 1/10th of that of an US worker.

So..ironically, a war with China would make things for "the elite" much worse, it would cost them more.

Again, I could be totally mistaken here- But here is my theory.

If something isnt done we will have blatant civil unrest which will essentially put everyone at risk... BUT, by starting a War with China the defense manufacturers get tons of money, the Corporations bring jobs home and fix the unemployment/welfare problem (but pay far less than they did ion the past- No unions, etc.) and kill many in the process.

No, they wont make as much as they are with jobs currently in China- But they also get to keep this Country solvent and pay virtual slave wages for manufacturing here-

To put it a different way- On a small scale this has happened in Michigan. Really good jobs were outsourced and moved, State went broke, now people here will work for nothing. Before a $10/hour job was considered "just a job" now people are fighting for $9.00/hour for those same jobs (skilled people like C&C operators)- Now FoxxConn is going to be opening up In Detroit (really) to provide $9./hour jobs- This is actually going to save them money because of the shipping costs with high fuel and they are getting a skilled workforce for peanuts... Its like, now that the economy is in such a bad state- People with skilled trades are willing to work for nothing but had this never happened these jobs would have been laughed out of Michigan.

On a national level this would allow the Country to continue on with a far lower standard of living- But keep absolute Chaos from happening and still save Corporations over what they once paid. It means less welfare, less chance of revolt and maintaining the status quo at a very little loss.

-Again, my theory could be totally wrong and it isnt something I have spent a ton of time researching. But seeing a possible strategy to have allow the Corp[orations to make record profit, attain more power and then bring the jobs back for a fraction of the cost to keep the country relatively stable.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If WW3 breaks out it would go nuclear and billions would perish. What is the point of bringing back industry to america? Who would care then?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtisticOne

What part of Pennsylvania do you live in?

Is this the entire state?

scary

It's not the entire state but their are certainly parts of it, like any state, that are struggling and the people are in worse shape then in other parts.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

SnF

And I'm not even going to start with my crap. Just want to say they're try'in to kill us all. And this isn't even as bad as it's going to get. Not even close. What's coming is ####

Good thread OP

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

If WW3 breaks out it would go nuclear and billions would perish. What is the point of bringing back industry to america? Who would care then?

-I honestly do not think WW3 will go nuclear concerning China/Russia or others... I think it would if involving Israel however as I think Israel would start it.

I think with China/Russia they are actually pretty reasonable and adhere to the whole MAD ideal... I think this War would actually be Ground/Air/Sea and fairly short lived but would be considered a "World War"0- THEN I would imagine another Cold War scenario.

-Now, if this was a Middle East inspired WW , I would say all bets are off... I do NOT trust Israel to be sensible enough to not start nuking anyone and everyone- Russia/China however are different IMHO.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yea I too was born in the right time to live in a wrong world. Depression sucks. Economic and emotional. I have a job I hate, no intellectual growth there. Can't afford an education I would like. So here I am, slowly dying in my parents house.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join