It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benedict to get 2,500 Euro a month retirement package

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
lifeinc.today.com...

The pope emeritus will receive a monthly pension of 2,500 euros, according to Italian newspaper La Stampa. That translates to almost $3,300, or close to the monthly maximum of $3,350 that Social Security will pay to an American who retires this year.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

So, no "golden parachute" for the Pope?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
but perhaps he will grant half of them to the poor. Or may be 2/3? I read somewhere that a young employed person in Myanmar gets 4$ a day, that makes 120$ a month, and that is considered good for him.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Who gets $3,500 a month in Social Security retirement??? My mother worked her whole life and is getting a whopping $600 a month. My mother in law gets a bit closer to $700 for some reason but both have that adjusted in relation to anything else coming in or being received in or out of Government benefits.

Must be nice to serve a short stint as Pope then retire with no worries in peace and quiet for life. We all ought to be so lucky. All he had to do was cover up wrong doing long enough to get out the back door before it really blows up. What a sad situation. The Church has really fallen far....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
but he won`t have any expenses he will will be living in the vatican,so unless they charge him for rent,utilities,food, medical care etc etc, that`s all free money he is getting,free as in he doesn`t have to spend any of it and he will still have all his needs payed for.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Although, I don't understand how someone who is supposedly appointed by God to be God's representative on Earth can retire, I do think that he deserves a decent severance package.

Ordained as a priest in 1951, Ratzinger established himself as a highly regarded university theologian by the late 1950s and was appointed a full professor in 1958. After a long career as an academic, serving as a professor of theology at several German universities—the last being the University of Regensburg, where he served as Vice President of the university in 1976 and 1977—he was appointed Archbishop of Munich and Freising and cardinal by Pope Paul VI in 1977, an unusual promotion for someone with little pastoral experience. In 1981, he settled in Rome when he became Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, one of the most important dicasteries of the Roman Curia.

From 2002 until his election as Pope, he was also Dean of the College of Cardinals, and as such the primus inter pares among the cardinals. Prior to becoming pope, he was "a major figure on the Vatican stage for a quarter of a century" as "one of the most respected, influential and controversial members of the College of Cardinals"; he had an influence "second to none when it came to setting church priorities and directions" as one of Pope John Paul II's closest confidants.[2]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Considering how sick he is, I doubt he'll live long. Not to mention that the church is about to implode and any $$$ it has may not be there much longer. So all you folks who are concerned about his retirement income .. don't worry.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I don't think that he ever had expenses. At any rate, most of us have some sort of disposable income, after our living expenses are paid.

Maybe he wants to try his luck at Ebay auctions or the Home Shopping Network?! I think he's entitled to have some self interest from this time forward. If he wants to spend money on something, he can, without having the bureaucratic red tape and approval of the Vatican.

I don't think he can afford to be buying yachts with that kind of money.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
On second thought, that is not that much. Perhaps all the bishops get big pensions, not to count property. Perhaps their salaries are bigger than the average in their countries. And compared to other top jobs and pensions in their countries, it might be too little. Poor Benedict! Perhaps they reveal the sum to show how little he will get!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
lifeinc.today.com...

The pope emeritus will receive a monthly pension of 2,500 euros, according to Italian newspaper La Stampa. That translates to almost $3,300, or close to the monthly maximum of $3,350 that Social Security will pay to an American who retires this year.

Wow..that is ridiculously low compared to politicians or company CEOs, you realize that?

Example: In Germany not long ago, the president was involved in a scandal and resigned after a only a short term. You know he's getting €200.000 (TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND) Euros per year up to the day he'll die as a pension. What a about that?
edit on 1-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Considering how sick he is, I doubt he'll live long. Not to mention that the church is about to implode and any $$$ it has may not be there much longer. So all you folks who are concerned about his retirement income .. don't worry.

Not according to several members here including high ranking staff. They argue that all this news about the church's crimes are being brought to light by a tribunal that has no real authority within THE SYSTEM! They are saying that it is dangerous to make PEOPLE think they can do something about it because they will get into trouble fighting against THE SYSTEM!

You can check this out HERE. This thread could use some recognition as for content and "enlightenment" about a lot of truths, please give it a bump!
edit on 1-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's probably the max for a person who retires at 70 having made a very high salary when working.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It seems to be a very fair package. In the US we have garbage men who are getting 2 or 3 times that amount.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Considering the Vatican WAS the top of the pyramid when it came to debt-money flow and the Vatican always took a large chunk of the proceeds... this news is quite interesting. And probably not true.

Unless of course, the real reason he abdicated was not what people were told, and the real truth is still yet to come.

And then it would all make perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Hi fourth. I think one thing we may be able to agree on is that Vatican City is but one leg of a three legged stool being kicked from under! There are three nation states that share in the system that rules us all. When one leg is kicked out, I believe the rest of the "stool" will experience the full force of Gravity!

edit on 1-3-2013 by ajay59 because: to correct

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

In slow-motion free-fall, I totally agree.

Meanwhile, we just need to sorta sweep people out of the way of its collapse, and let the dust settle.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I don't think that he ever had expenses. At any rate, most of us have some sort of disposable income, after our living expenses are paid.

Maybe he wants to try his luck at Ebay auctions or the Home Shopping Network?! I think he's entitled to have some self interest from this time forward. If he wants to spend money on something, he can, without having the bureaucratic red tape and approval of the Vatican.

I don't think he can afford to be buying yachts with that kind of money.

$36,000.00 a year after taxes and all expenses have been payed, that`s enough disposable income for the pope, that`s more than a lot of people make in a year before taxes and before paying necessary expenses.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's more than I make, that's for sure. But still, given his career, I think it's a fair stipend.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I bet he will be wind up dead within a few months. Dead popes tell no tales .
This all stinks worse than a week old fish head.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And this is in the conspiracy forums why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join