It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top DHS checkpoint refusals- Know Your Rights!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ballsy resistance to the NWO/Amerika right here, as citizens say no to various officers making stops at checkpoints.

Ha. Love it!

"Am I being detained?"

"Where is your probable cause?"

These are some of the valid questions these citizens ask. Some officers seem stumped, while others get disturbed and call their supervisors. And most when being filmed, end up just letting them go.

No more Amerika, damn it.
This is BS. And now it's going to be drones. :shk: Power hungry pigs. I mean what else can one surmise?

edit on Thu Feb 28th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I saw this last night on a different video sharing site.

The best is the last one where the person goes up and starts questioning the DHS worker and they just let them go.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ive watched a bunch of these vids on the ole u-tube and find them refreshing. the look on these idiots faces when some one understands their rights is awesome. it is apparent that whatever schooling these idiots our receiving in order to "keep us safe" , does not include the constitution. i also like most of the open carry vids , but as with anything , there is always that moron who takes it to far or gathered all their info from one video and think they know everything , and only end up hurting the cause.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Absolutely fantastic find here!

I certainly didn't know this is a valid response and I'll be sure to use it if I ever get asked that stupid question.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I admire these people for standing up for their rights.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

lol, I find your response very curious. Doesn't seem "fitting" with some other responses I have seen you make when it comes to these kinds of things.

You keep me guessing- I'll give you that much.

Can you guys imagine what would happen if everyone did this and said no like this? Traffic would be tied up for hours, people would be pissed, and the DHS would be forced to eventually withdraw!
edit on Thu Feb 28th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TrueAmerican, am I being detained on this thread?

Am I free to go?

Am I being detained?

Hello?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What other responses?

Regardless, I firmly believe in our constitutional rights and really enjoyed the video of citizens using them against a direct infringement.

It was very inspiring indeed.

Tyranny should always be met head on and in every circumstance and when the government is clearly wrong, as in these cases, they should be conftonted directly.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

TrueAmerican, am I being detained on this thread?

Am I free to go?

Am I being detained?

Hello?

Umm, no, you are not being detained. Nevahhh! Everyone is free to come and go as they please. You know better than to ask ME that! wahaha.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ah, you answered before I could post again. /surfs the web freely/
edit on 28-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

All I have to say about this, is, the officers here, have the longest nerves and gargantuan patience. Irrespective to the issue (of civil liberties & rights and yada yada yada), thinking all that crap these officers had to take, without blowing the head off the guy - proves to me they were not from LAPD.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

Yeah, you could argue that they are just doing their jobs. I understand that. And yeah, they had patience. Agreed. Problem is, EVERYONE is just "doing their jobs," and this country is going to crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is all well and good ,but the confusion created by stating all the amendments and whatnot are only causing distress to the Govt worker bees who most likely have to follow rules and requirements to keep their job and feed their families .
It takes balls of steel to step up to the next level.
edit on 28-2-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Seems to me it goes like this as well.

Them
Are you a US citizen

Illegal Alien
No

Them
OK your free to go

ICE Proposes New Policy That Would Let Illegal Immigrants Go Free

“Immigration officers should not issue detainers against an alien charged only with a traffic-related misdemeanor unless or until the alien is convicted."

How many illegal aliens are in the US?

There are approx 10,000 total additional illegal aliens added to the United States population each day.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but that video was Boarder Patrol related. And I actually was still debating posting this but did on mistake.
edit on 2/28/2013 by Connman because: added lst part

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

S&F!

I love watching those videos!! I thought most (not all…most) of these officers did a decent job!

It’s so infuriating that federal LE don’t even know the limits of their authority. Now let’s be honest, the people filming these incidents are being smart asses but they are well within their rights to do so. Even I want to jerk a few of them out of their vehicle and beat them (though I’d be committing a crime)! I have a low tolerance for smart asses.

The only thing I didn’t get is why were these check points miles from the border?? I live in a border state but I’m nowhere near the border, so I legitimately don’t know why that is. I wouldn’t tell them anything either if I was traveling down a US highway well within the US border. There is no reason/authority for LE to conduct federal checkpoints within the borders.

Great video! Thanks for the entertainment!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well the 'border' reaches further than most realize.
www.aclu.org...

www.aclu.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Interesting...

I still see the argument these people made and they were within their rights.

I didn't see any arrests in the video, did you?

It was entertaining, regardless which side of the debate you're on.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh i fully agree, i am all for the people in these videos and more.
More people need to stand up and put the powers in check.

If everyone came close to what these did, the U.S. would be a different place.
The ones in charge would have to stop and rethink their over use or rather
abuse of their attempt at power.

I have had a few times where i was pulled over for a 'check' and been asked questions
that were not legally right to be asked.
I.E.
One officer asked me "what are you doing out at this time" to which my response was
"What business is it of yours, last i knew this was a free country"
in another i was asked "where are you going" to my response was "where ever the hell i want,
its a free country and i have the right to move about"
edit on 28-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yalls better understand that this is coming to a state line near you..each state line is a federal easement that gives them the authority to do as they wish, and now that the communists have seized power this is what we will all have to look forward to, just keep in mind that what these people were exercising wont fly with the next phase of the communists agenda, they will most likely draggem and black baggem while drones fly up and down the highways searching for scale shooters/checkpoint eluders....

edit on 28-2-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Now let’s be honest, the people filming these incidents are being smart asses but they are well within their rights to do so. Even I want to jerk a few of them out of their vehicle and beat them (though I’d be committing a crime)! I have a low tolerance for smart asses.

Great video! Thanks for the entertainment!!

I've always said I can deal with smart asses.

It's the dumb asses I have problems with.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
To keep some perspective and try to do it without an 'I told ya so' to society...... This is what truckers like me have dealt with for years upon years now. It wasn't always as bad as it's become and having gotten off the road a couple years ago now, I can only take people's word for it, that it's gotten worse.

The thing is though... This is precisely what everyone driving commercial vehicles have been putting up with daily, at those weigh stations and road side checks people probably don't even really register seeing most of the time, unless they know someone in trucking. Safety related is the pretense. Gotcha for anything to generate a payable ticket is the actual purpose. Revenue collection agents with a badge who just so happen to get something meaningful, occasionally. This is but an extension of that to a new set of vehicles.

It does need to stop and the whole attitude of our existing in THEIR world needs to be checked for some perspective. They've lost all signs of it. It's worth noting though, those truck weigh stations and particularly the newer "Super Coops" as we called them, but full service state enforcement facilities is an accurate term, can EASILY be turned to divert ALL traffic in. Not just trucks. They're at almost all state borders and many places within each state, along major highways.

Just something to think about in ways we're already surrounded...or could be with just some minor things added at this point, and the vast majority of folks don't even realize it or think about it at all until hitting a checkpoint or something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join