It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True colors of the moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hello ATS. I found a video(I didn't watch all of it. I only watched from the 42 minute mark onward) that I thought is interesting. It was on AnonymousFO's website. Apparently there's a film coming out called Celestial. I'm not familiar with it, but maybe some of you are. As I was watching this video, they showed different colors on the moon, like blues. After going further, they started talking about a statue on the moon(and showed it) and it reminded me of Jesus at first.
And then they started showing a pyramid. Now, what strikes me as weird is how all these supposed structures are really far apart. And with no buildings around them. Guess they really enjoy walking?
As always, I leave it to the ATS community to help me figure out if this is all real or not. If you don't think it is, why?

Here's the video I mentioned:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Jose, and his moon videos have been talked about a lot on ATS. The colors are enhancements to give contrast. They are not the real colors of the moon. Borrow a telescope and see for yourself.

A search on this will yield you much information.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Jose, and his moon videos have been talked about a lot on ATS. The colors are enhancements to give contrast. They are not the real colors of the moon. Borrow a telescope and see for yourself.

A search on this will yield you much information.

Jose is claiming they are not false colors. But that they are original colors. Did you watch the video? An amateur astronomer in the video claims (as he was showing the moon) that there are colors on the moon. And he showed them. Directly through his telescope.
edit on 25-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I've watched all of Jose's videos. Including this one. I do find them interesting, because I think that contrast brings out things you normally might not see. I have also looked at the moon through a few powerful telescopes. I've never seen what Jose shows in his videos.

I will watch a few more minutes of this to see if there's footage in it I haven't seen though. I'm not by any means closed minded on the subject. I just haven't seen anything with my own eyes yet that verifies what he's saying is true.

edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have also looked at the moon through a few powerful telescopes. I've never seen what Jose shows in his videos.

Interesting. He's claiming that he's seeing real colors. Not false colors to improve contrast - does that mean he's lying?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Lying?

Probably just confused.

Get a telescope and see for yourself.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

We have a member here that posts his own videos of the moon occasionally, made from his own telescope. If I can find one of them, I'll post it here for you.

Also, at the beginning of the video you posted, the guy says what he's looking through enhances any color it finds. It's a few minutes in.

In my opinion though. There's no better proof than your own eyes. Don't take mine, or anyone else's word for it. Find a telescope you can use to look at the moon. That's the only way to know to your own satisfaction.

ETA: Note that no one is saying there is no contrast or color on the moon. Just not the way Jose portrays it to be.

edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Hi OP, i cannot watch the video in my current establishment but... as an Owner of a 8inch Dobsonion reflector... i can say that moon like soft grey like cold wet sand that is cool to the touch.

Its really amazing.....when you see it thru a scope rather than TV screen.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

i can say that moon like soft grey like cold wet sand that is cool to the touch.

I'm not even sure that makes sense.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That's why its amazing!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's been a while since I watched the video, but I thought he said he colorized it after comparing black and white photos of the earth with the moon and then substituting the actual earth colors for the same shades on the moon. The advantages of colorizing the moon was that it made details in the surface easier to see.

But I saw/touched the traveling piece of the moon that NASA tours and was suprised to see it was a black stone. Just thought it would be grey.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have a telescope and look at the Moon on occasion. It just looks like a greyish silver colour. This is the colour I have always known it to be and I can see it with my own eyes through a telescope and it remains this colour.

I haven't looked at it lately though so it may have been coloured in since I last looked.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I saw the whole video, and had a really hard time see what he was seeing. Tall buildings, pipelines, statues etc. To me the "statue" looked more like a canyon than a structure rising on the moons surface. His arguments and evidence was vague and absolutely not convincing. But the structure in the crater tho, looked like an entrance to a cave...so maybe there is still hope

I'm sorry, this was just a nice doc of very beautiful pics of the moon - and that is a good thing.

/HamP

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
I have a telescope and look at the Moon on occasion. It just looks like a greyish silver colour. This is the colour I have always known it to be and I can see it with my own eyes through a telescope and it remains this colour.

I haven't looked at it lately though so it may have been coloured in since I last looked.

I found it a bit odd that the moon is supposedly full of color, but when I see it, it's gray. With all these supposed colors, I should be able to see them with the naked eye.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The lunar surface has very subtle hues depending on mineral composition. I bet if you look carefully you will see a hint of blue in Mare Tranquilitatis and some other dark patches. The Moon's colours can be brough out by digital enhancing.

www.atalaia.org...
www.rc-astro.com...

There are lots of black basaltic rocks on the Moon, so don't be surprised if you see one. The lunar soil/dust is actually dark grey, like graphite.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The moon has very little colour I have done 4 or 5 threads with video I have taken with my iphone and telescope have a look at them and you will see that there is very little colour.
I watched that video a couple of years ago and was open minded about it but once i got my own telscope and played around with photo editor I relised how much crap that video is

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

I have also looked at the moon through a few powerful telescopes. I've never seen what Jose shows in his videos.

Interesting. He's claiming that he's seeing real colors. Not false colors to improve contrast - does that mean he's lying?

"Enhanced colors" are not false colors...just enhanced (enhanced by adjusting the contrast or saturation on the video, for example). Those very subtle colors may really be there, but very difficult to see because they are so subtle. However, don't take my word for it, or Jose Escamilla's. Why don't you just look at the moon (as others here have mentioned)? Use a telescope if you want.

I mean, the moon is right there for ANYONE to see, not just Jose Escamilla. Just look at it. If those colors could be seen without enhancement, then you should be able to simply see them for yourself, without relying on what Jose Escamilla has to say about it.

However, I can tell you this: I looked at the moon with a telescope, and it looks gray to my eyes. If Jose Escamilla says those colors are really the colors of the Moon, WITHOUT enhancement, then he is lying.

EDIT TO ADD:
Here is a video someone (not me) made of the moon through a 10" telescope:

edit on 2/25/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by jaffer44

The moon has very little colour I have done 4 or 5 threads with video I have taken with my iphone and telescope have a look at them and you will see that there is very little colour.
I watched that video a couple of years ago and was open minded about it but once i got my own telscope and played around with photo editor I relised how much crap that video is.

Ithink you're the one I was thinking about in my above post.

edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Soylent got it.

edit on 2/25/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hope no one is believing I'm advocating truth here. Because I am not.
edit on 25-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
the moon is made of cheese..

everyone knows that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join