It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Next Pope be Black?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
One of the mentioned front-runners for the office of the Pope is Cardinal Peter Turkson from Ghana.

It certainly makes sense for The Powers That Be, the Illuminati, whatever you want to call them, to pick him. Think of it like an "Obama moment."

Why not a Brazilian or South American? Since they ARE the most Representing the Catholics as of now?

The (s)election of Barack Obama for President was genius. It was used to get those aligned on the Left to rally behind him and anything he did. Two very unpopular wars were going on. Upon the (s)election of Barack Obama, he commissioned fi ve times as many drone strikes as Bush in less than half the time (3.5 years). This is common knowledge by now.

I've been on the frontlines of the anti-war protests since they started, and after 2008 many, many faces went missing from the protests which have also decreased in frequency. What's even sadder is that so many previous anti-war Democrats and Liberals now go out of their way to defend the things that President Obama does.

The fact is, though, a Black Pope could be used to invigorate the people and revive the Catholic church in much the same way that the (s)election of Barack Obama invigorated the American Left.

Seems a far reach to compare a political move as you shared EVEN THOUGH OBAMA IS HALF AND HALF?
A political move of a Country as opposed to a Religious/political move covering COUNTRIES... Hence why not a South American ect. But COLOR sapiens sapiens hmm beneath matters most whats within the colorful SHELLS... And the Origins of whats within the shells?

It could also be used to get people, Catholics, who were critical of the church lately to fall in line and turn a blind eye to the child sex scandals.

Seems if there is true compassion to CLEAN the Catholic Representation, the NEW one may have MANY duties that some.... May not like as the CLEANSES. Hmmm EA*RTH some seem still stuck on COLOR not acknowledging its WAAAAAAYYYYY beyond that. But it can be POWER TRAPS of OLD used to CAPTURE new energies trying to follow ONESIDED OLD WORLD agenda to support who? Some specific race, that when their structure is manifested they don't even support ANY but the same financial groups who would if allowed OVERSEE those who thought they were getting cake.

So 1 is just reminding look beyond color.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 2/26/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No, you are missing my point. You are essentially see it the wrong way and comparing apples to oranges. I'm not saying the people who had a problem with Obama from the beginning. I'm saying the people who supported him from the beginning, but opposed some of Bush's policies (like wars and drone strikes) and now have been silent about them for the past 4 years. I said that in the OP. I mean go on Facebook for instance on a pro-Obama page and even say that you are an Obama supporter, but then go on to criticize drone strikes or the wars or any policy that isn't Progressive enough of his from a Liberal/Progressive/Left standpoint. Even as a fellow "Leftist" criticizing him will get you attacked. Criticize the Affordable Care Act for not going far enough. Criticize the wars we are still in. Criticize the increased drone attacks under Obama. And watch how fast these people who 6 years ago were screaming about Bush and drone attacks start attacking you for criticizing Obama. Do it. Seriously. Then you'll get my point.

The "people" may have a problem with a Black Pope. I'm not talking about the people, or the masses. I'm specifically talking about Catholics. Of course some of them would have a problem with it for the reasons you listed. But he could have the "Obama effect." He could draw people in with his words and the fear of being labelled a racist for opposing him.

Of course the Catholic Church may be too racist to select a Black man as Pope. We shall see.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Well, perhaps DocHolidaze has a different response, but I fail to see how it can possibly be irrelevant.

And I fail to see how it is relevant.

You may personally find it useless or immoral or wrong, but if there are a billion people who look to an institution for spiritual guidance, how can that not have a direct impact in the world?

That's not what I said. I didn't say it doesn't have an impact. In fact I didn't even say it was irrelevant. WaterBottle did. I just asked DocHolidaze how he didn't think it was irrelevant since he jumped WaterBottle for saying it.

But one definition of irrelevant is "Not important." I don't think the Catholic Church is important in the least bit. It may be to some people, but it's not to me. Therefore they would be irrelevant to me. So I wouldn't be wrong if I did say they were irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
1 wonders if there will be issues with the other MAIN think groups HERE on EA*

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
To further PURGE prepare - so there may be a relevance not observed YET as the Dominos begin movements.
Wheat-chaff seperations

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The best test end with judgment placed upon Subject out in open for ALL to see why they SHOULDNT OF FOLLOWED AS IF GOD(S) When in front of GODs.

They then FAIL and their followers DESTABALIZED/pulverized of their ILL luminations with other group thinks who forgot...

sad really we should all work TOGETHER as if PARENTS are coming home

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

But one definition of irrelevant is "Not important." I don't think the Catholic Church is important in the least bit. It may be to some people, but it's not to me. Therefore they would be irrelevant to me. So I wouldn't be wrong if I did say they were irrelevant.

Well, that's true, and I said as much earlier, but (and don't take this personally,) who cares what's important to you?

To say that an institution is irrelevant simply because you personally don't see any impact to you is silly. If you live in the United States, the government of Germany probably has little, if any, impact on your life, does that mean that the German government is irrelevant and should just "go away"?

Just because the Catholic Church is irrelevant to you doesn't mean that it's irrelevant to the world. And if you did a little digging, you'd likely find some tangential connections anyway (if you like fish sandwiches, thank the Catholic Church for making them cheaper during Lent
)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

You are essentially see it the wrong way and comparing apples to oranges.

I'm seeing it the wrong way? OK.

I mean go on Facebook

Not a chance in hell.
Besides, I don't have to go anywhere to get attacked for defending OR criticizing Obama. I can do both right here. You don't have to convince me that people are wrapped up in their political ideologies so far that they will defend Obama for doing the same thing they criticized Bush for. I can see that anywhere.

The "people" may have a problem with a Black Pope. I'm not talking about the people, or the masses. I'm specifically talking about Catholics.

Well. I certainly can't speak for Catholics, but they ARE people and I would guess that their group opinions are no different than the masses, where race is concerned. They are a "mass" themselves. But as you say, we shall see.

VATICAN CITY — The number of Catholics in the world edged up 1% in 2009, the Vatican says, bringing to 1.18 billion the number of adherents of the world's largest church, about one in five of the global population.

Source

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Well, that's true, and I said as much earlier, but (and don't take this personally,) who cares what's important to you?

Well, I do. I care. That's who cares. I never asked any of you to care. And this is my thread. If you don't care about what I have to say then why are you even here? Because you're a Catholic?

To say that an institution is irrelevant simply because you personally don't see any impact to you is silly.

No, it's not. It's my opinion.

If you live in the United States, the government of Germany probably has little, if any, impact on your life, does that mean that the German government is irrelevant and should just "go away"?

False equivalence. The government of Germany isn't influencing those around me. The government of Germany isn't influencing American politics and policies. The government of Germany isn't influencing society.

See this is where the problem comes in. You don't pay attention to who says what. I never said they should just go away. I never even initially said they were irrelevant. WaterBottle did!! I merely asked, initially, why Doc said they were relevant. I wanted examples.

But then you go and get all butthurt because people are questioning your precious Catholic Church and start trying to get me to defend what someone else said. If you bother to go back and read you'd see in my initial response to Doc I said I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with his assessment.

Here's what I said:

I've got to ask: Relevant how? I'm not saying I'm disputing your statement; I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm curious. What do you mean it's relevant?

You should know that. You replied to that comment of mine. So next time you want to weigh in on a thread, especially one of mine, how about leaving your attitude and confrontational manner at the door. Maybe then you'll be able to see what people are saying before just going on the offensive at them and being all-around rude.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You don't have to convince me that people are wrapped up in their political ideologies so far that they will defend Obama for doing the same thing they criticized Bush for. I can see that anywhere.

Well that's ultimately my point. Just that like with Obama, a Black Pope could be used to manipulate people. Of course the real racists are going to oppose him and be pissed that the Pope is Black. But I think it could be used to bring people around, especially those who do not want to be labelled a racist for opposing him, to influence them. Of course it would also depend on how eloquent of a speaker and how charismatic he is, for the Obama comparison to work.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

False equivalence. The government of Germany isn't influencing those around me. The government of Germany isn't influencing American politics and policies. The government of Germany isn't influencing society.

Then I question whether you understand the definition of "relevant", because you're saying that the Catholic Church is very relevant to you.

You should know that. You replied to that comment of mine.

Yes, I replied to the following comment, which you made after I noted that a Church the size of the Roman Catholic obviously has relevance, and had influenced world politics in the past thirty years:

So maybe it is "relevant" but not in the conventional sense. So my question still stands. How is the Catholic church relevant? Sheer numbers is not a valid response, in my opinion.

So I'm not really sure what you're asking. You imply above that they're influencing those around you, you imply that they're influencing American politics and policies, and you imply that they're influencing society, so how are they not relevant?

You obviously don't like the Catholic Church, and I have no problem with that, but you liking or not liking something has nothing to do with whether it's relevant or not.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Then I question whether you understand the definition of "relevant", because you're saying that the Catholic Church is very relevant to you.

And then I defined relevant. It's all there. I don't need a play-by-play. You just need to go back and read it all over again. And again I never originally said it wasn't relevant. WaterBottle did. You love to ignore that fact.

You obviously don't like the Catholic Church

You're right. I don't. But that's not relevant to this discussion either because, again, I never originally said they were relevant or irrelevant. I'm done repeating myself to you. You are derailing this thread and irritating me.

but you liking or not liking something has nothing to do with whether it's relevant or not.

Yay! Another thing I never said. You just love constructing those strawmen, don't you?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Seriously, you might see some sort of agenda here, but I honestly do not understand what you're asking.

If an organization influences things around you, and you don't like it, how can it not be seen as being relevant?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well, I do. I care. That's who cares. I never asked any of you to care. And this is my thread. If you don't care about what I have to say then why are you even here? Because you're a Catholic?

@ If you don't care about what I have to say then why are you even here? Because you're a Catholic?

[color=gold] discussion of EA*RTH genetics guiding via Religions and Figure HEADS of them

To say that an institution is irrelevant simply because you personally don't see any impact to you is silly.

No, it's not. It's my opinion.

If you live in the United States, the government of Germany probably has little, if any, impact on your life, does that mean that the German government is irrelevant and should just "go away"?

False equivalence. The government of Germany isn't influencing those around me.

[color=gold] technology used here obtained from 1 believes OPERATION PAPERCLIP and similar like say otherwise?

The government of Germany isn't influencing American politics and policies. The government of Germany isn't influencing society.

[color=gold] OPERATION PAPERCLIP

Operation Paperclip was the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program used to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany for employment by the United States in the aftermath of World War II (1939–45). It was conducted by the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA), and in the context of the burgeoning Soviet–American Cold War (1945–91), one purpose of Operation Paperclip was to deny German scientific knowledge and expertise to the USSR,[1] the UK,[2] and (divided) Germany itself.

See this is where the problem comes in. You don't pay attention to who says what. I never said they should just go away. I never even initially said they were irrelevant. WaterBottle did!! I merely asked, initially, why Doc said they were relevant. I wanted examples.

But then you go and get all butthurt because people are questioning your precious Catholic Church and start trying to get me to defend what someone else said. If you bother to go back and read you'd see in my initial response to Doc I said I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with his assessment.

Here's what I said:

I've got to ask: Relevant how? I'm not saying I'm disputing your statement; I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm curious. What do you mean it's relevant?

You should know that. You replied to that comment of mine. So next time you want to weigh in on a thread, especially one of mine, how about leaving your attitude and confrontational manner at the door. Maybe then you'll be able to see what people are saying before just going on the offensive at them and being all-around rude.

[color=gold]
NAMASTE*******

edit on 2/26/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I must say your avatar gives it all away, a black pope will do no more to unite the catholics than a black president did to unite the USA. My hope is that the pope if he is black will show the world truly that race makes no difference, by your avatar I can see it makes a big difference to you. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Clearly you have nothing positive to contribute. Attacking me because of my avatar? Because I care that an unarmed young man was shot and killed I care about race? Who's playing the race card now?

And creating strawman arguments? Pathetic. If you're not gonna stay on topic then get the hell of this thread. I don't have time for race baiters like you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It would be easy enough to make a black Pope palatable just pick one from history.there might have been three. two have images of them being blacks one questionable,then there are the saints like St.Moses the Black who was straight gangsta or St Benedict the Moor,all the Church need to do is play up it's positive aspects on blacks and that Africans participated in it's creation but then again they would run into folks like myself would remind the world that they gave religious cover for some of the worst atrocities in the world including but no limited to slavery and near genocide of certain groups.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

its relevant because it has something like 2.5 billion followers, and im sure as many enemies. they have power and are able to use that power to influences the masses. they hold ancient knowledge that for whatever reason they keep locked away from us. to say that the catholic church is irrealivent is a false statement.

just because someone doesn't like something or believe in its ideas does not mean it is non-exsistent

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Or maybe even....GAY!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join