It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Next Pope be Black?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One of the mentioned front-runners for the office of the Pope is Cardinal Peter Turkson from Ghana.

It certainly makes sense for The Powers That Be, the Illuminati, whatever you want to call them, to pick him. Think of it like an "Obama moment."

The (s)election of Barack Obama for President was genius. It was used to get those aligned on the Left to rally behind him and anything he did. Two very unpopular wars were going on. Upon the (s)election of Barack Obama, he commissioned fi ve times as many drone strikes as Bush in less than half the time (3.5 years). This is common knowledge by now.

I've been on the frontlines of the anti-war protests since they started, and after 2008 many, many faces went missing from the protests which have also decreased in frequency. What's even sadder is that so many previous anti-war Democrats and Liberals now go out of their way to defend the things that President Obama does.

The fact is, though, a Black Pope could be used to invigorate the people and revive the Catholic church in much the same way that the (s)election of Barack Obama invigorated the American Left. It could also be used to get people, Catholics, who were critical of the church lately to fall in line and turn a blind eye to the child sex scandals.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
From the rumblings that I have read online, the mass consensus is that the Italians forced out Benedict and plan on returning the throne to another Italian, likely his second in command at the moment ( can't remember his name off the top of my head but he looks like a crypt keeper!)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

That's interesting. Definitely makes sense and is an alternate possibility.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't know. I wish the catholic church would implode. It is an evil and irrelevant organization.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yes, I think so. I believe him to indeed be Peter the Roman.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have read on some blogs that Peter Turkson is already called Peter the Roman by the people in Ghana. Has anyone else seen this anywhere?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There was an excellent show on tv the other day (a&e or history channel, most likely) that went through the Peter the roman prophecy, and then investigated each of the potential candidates for Pope. Nearly 3/4 of them could be referred to as Peter, or had a Peter connection. Ie. from an order of Peter, born as a Peter, middle name was Peter, born in st. Petersburg, , St Pedro, etc. it was very interesting and completely changed my perspective on the prophecy.

The new pope can not take the name Peter, as it has been canonically retired, but no doubt, the new Pope will have a Peter connection. It is unlikely that an African pope would be elected. A South American one has the best chance because that region is where Catholicism is increasing ( as opposed to people leaving in. Droves elsewhere), but according to everything I have read, it is extremely unlikely that anyone other than an Italian will be elected this time around

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja
It is unlikely that an African pope would be elected.

Yeah but 5 years ago it was unlikely that a Black man would be (s)elected POTUS.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As a Catholic, I couldn't care less about the race of the next Pope, though I suspect electing the guy from Ghana would be a long shot. Almost certainly he'll be a European, since they have been so for a very long time, and there's no real compelling reason to elect someone from Africa, Asia, North or South America or Antarctica. Catholics become Catholics for reasons beyond who the Pope is.

There is, no doubt, a contingent who are aware of the so-called prophecy of St. Malachy and will vote against anyone who might be seen to fulfill it, so I think it highly unlikely that anyone named "Peter" will be elected. Tradition dictates that Popes not name themselves after Peter after election, either, so hopefully this will be a major nail in the coffin on that supposed prophecy.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I don't care about his race, either. No matter what race he is, he'll still be doing the will of those who placed him into power. Same as the POTUS.

If the Prophecy is true, though, nothing will stop it from becoming fulfilled.
edit on 24-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
If the Prophecy is true, though, nothing will stop it from becoming fulfilled.

Perhaps, though a perfunctory examination of the prophecy makes it pretty clear that it isn't true.

There are other examples in the Bible -- prophecy that is spot on to a point, and then rather vague from there on, because it is "post-prophecy". The prophecy of St. Malachy is pretty accurate until 1590, then less so, with many subsequent Popes being a bit of a stretch to make them fit (like Pope "Benedict" filling the olives thing because the Benedictine order has the "Olivetans" as a sub-order.)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well if I remember correctly it's a Catholic prophecy anyway. So I don't put a lot of stock in it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
I don't know. I wish the catholic church would implode. It is an evil and irrelevant organization.

ha irrelevant organization? that is the stupidest, short sided statement ive ever heard. the catholic church, no matter how f*cked up it is, has always been relevant, since its beginning. you are lost if u think otherwise.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I've got to ask: Relevant how? I'm not saying I'm disputing your statement; I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm curious. What do you mean it's relevant?

Let's try and keep it civil. No need to insult people for their opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

reply to post by DocHolidaze

I've got to ask: Relevant how? I'm not saying I'm disputing your statement; I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm curious. What do you mean it's relevant?

Well, there are a billion (with a "B") Roman Catholics in the world, it's an independent nation, it's one of the largest charitable service organizations in the world, it played a key role in one of the most significant revolutions of the past 30 years...

Need I go on?

Love it or hate it, one can't dispute that the Vatican is a world power, so it obviously is relevant.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well, all due respect, my question wasn't for it. It was for Doc. He's the one who said it was relevant. I asked how. Although I have to say that just because it has "a billion followers" that only makes it self-relevant. I mean how did it get so many followers? Look back through history for that answer. It was co-opted by Emperor Constantine as a state religion (which actually goes against what the Scriptures say) and then paved a bloody and oppressive path throughout history.

So maybe it is "relevant" but not in the conventional sense. So my question still stands. How is the Catholic church relevant? Sheer numbers is not a valid response, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So maybe it is "relevant" but not in the conventional sense. So my question still stands. How is the Catholic church relevant? Sheer numbers is not a valid response, in my opinion.

Well, perhaps DocHolidaze has a different response, but I fail to see how it can possibly be irrelevant. You may personally find it useless or immoral or wrong, but if there are a billion people who look to an institution for spiritual guidance, how can that not have a direct impact in the world?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Very good points, I have honestly been thinking along those same lines to a certain degree myself. Considering, Peter Turkson is one of the main runners up and his track record, this could very well be a possibility.

Although, there is also the notion the he won’t call himself ‘Peter the Roman’ or have Peter is his name. This could also mean that ‘Peter the Roman’ refers to his Italian descent. So, the 'corrupt Italian replacement pope' theory might have some merit as well. I'm leaning more towards Turkson myself.

Either way, it's going to be a big change...and not in a good way I think.

edit on 26-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I don't think race has a major role to play but Turkson is, in many ways, the most likely candidate for the job. He has a deep history in the Roman Curia, has gone on record favoring a one world government and banking system and is the prodigy of JP2.

besides all that, he's the perfect fit for Pertus Romanus... depending on what you believe.

I'd wager money on Turkson.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It could also be used to get people, Catholics, who were critical of the church lately to fall in line and turn a blind eye to the child sex scandals.

I'm not sure I understand how having a black pope would encourage the people to forget about the sex scandal. If anything, the people would be even more suspicious of him - because of their covert racism... Obama is suspected of everything negative and vile, largely because of his "differences", including his race and his name. (These suspicions began LONG before he was even in office and had policies to criticize, and they have continued in the face of proof otherwise.) I think the people would be more suspicious of a black pope, not less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join