It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad truth about the future. Please Read.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

The only person we can truly blame is ourselves but that does not mean we should stand idle and allow the media and others play us like puppet masters. We have rules and regulations about anything and everything you can think of including plants that grow natually but we have nothing to protect us from being manipulated. If the average person knew and it was taught to every person just how easliy humanity is manipulated we might see change.

We just sit back and continue to let corporations manipulate and steer us towards products under the guise called marketing and deem it acceptable because people have choice...

But that choice is being influenced.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Damn, I was almost hoping you guys would refute me. That's why I was beeing sort of rude. Anyway, I DID mean everything I said.

But let's, just for arguments sake, assume (ass of u and me) that there IS some chemical implemented in the food, which makes your body absorb more fat than it should. So what?

Ever heard of a low carb diet? My friend ate nothing but bacon and eggs for weeks, and he lost about10 kg inalittle more than a month.

But this, is not healthy!!!

My point is this; it does not matter how many diets, cures, or liposuctions you get. It's all about excercise.
Obesity is not a part of the history-books, because people did not just sit on their ass.

We are the first people in history who can sit on our asses, while we work online, order a pizza, and keep working. The only excercise we get, being walking to and fro the door.

Remember Wall-E? That is literally how we're gonna end up, unless we start implementing mandatory P.E. In schools, and in the workplace. Like Korea.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
reply to post by Superhans

Look at a obesity statistics chart you moron. 30% of Americans are OBESE. 60% are overweight. This isn't a wild claim. They are killing us off.

Im a moron because you started a thread making wild claims and then you just add this obesity crap out of nowhere? The bar for what is "obesity" has been lowered and the whole method of measuring obesity is flawed. Im "obese" according to those retarded charts

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

I would like to add a few suggestions =

First - There are a lot of hormones added to food - soybeans are in everything processed - estrogen makes everyone gain wieght, and makes males infertile.

Second - With children and exercise - I'm 50 years old - when I was a kid, you went outside and ran and played for hours - you cannot, in america, allow your children to do this unsupervised anymore - look at the astonishing reports of abductions, even in rural areas (I live in Wisconsin = not NYC, or Chicago, or Los Angeles) I would never allow my 10 year old grand-daughter to "run around" the neighborhood without worrying about the known sex-offenders who live in this town.

Third - I have been a psychiatric nurse for 30 years - the mentally ill have been forced to take these "new" anti=psychotics ( respirdol, seroquel, ect.) that are known to produce diabetes, in even healthy people. I'm very glad to say that drs. are going back to the haldol, and prolixin, which actually help and don't create more disease for the mentally ill.

Then there's the stupid and lazy that live off Mcdonalds, cookies, and potatoe chips that are truly part of the stupid americans that vote for obozo. and don't even work.

Amerika is at a loss, we are not a world leader, and our gov't is making sure we are all going to be broke.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Yes the major lenders and financial industries stole all the #ing money. They want us broke, dumb, poorly educated, and UN HEALTHY. I wish people could see it how some of us who opened our eyes have

It wont be long before people start to work together outside of the main stream ideas.. I will never keep my money in a bank. I will keep it in the form of something else. Why would I let my money work for someone else?

Originally posted by Superhans

Look at a obesity statistics chart you moron. 30% of Americans are OBESE. 60% are overweight. This isn't a wild claim. They are killing us off.

Im a moron because you started a thread making wild claims and then you just add this obesity crap out of nowhere? The bar for what is "obesity" has been lowered and the whole method of measuring obesity is flawed. Im "obese" according to those retarded charts

lol you realize the irony of what your saying right

edit on 2/22/2013 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Never been to america, Not sure what kind of food your supermarkets sell in general or the price but i do believe people *MUST* have access to fruit and veg? No one's stopping you from exercising? Or walking to places rather than driving...

I would agree that the CULTURE of the country is the driving force.

Maybe many people just dont know how to help themselves?

Dont mean for this post to sound ignorant...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Many people do not live near a supermarket. Or a wal mart. They only live near fast food. That is what people do not realize.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll

Originally posted by Tardacus
and for the people who eat right and try to stay healthy the pharaceutical companies have a way of making them die young, TPTB have it all figured out "old age" is going to be just a myth 100 years from now.

"mommy, mommy? is it true that people use to live to be 80 years old!!??"

The sad fate of human beings

And that's even if humanity is still around 100 years from now.

This here is the real problem, this negative attitude, pointing out the issues is only the fist step, what solutions are you implementing in your life to make a change?

With this type of attitudes and thinking humanity wont last, Its a sad fate because the ones that can make change don't and want others to take responsibility for their own short comings.

Like blaming governments or anything external from themselves so as to keep the illusion that they are good and the world around them is bad.

Wake up people, if you want change, then you must become the change you want to see, didn't Gandhi say something to this effect.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by superman2012

I believe that reports came out awhile ago, I bet you a bunch more exist now. It is alarming... It is a international crisis in my opinion. We are being poisoned by our leaders. Killing us slowly...

Maybe for you if that is what you choose.

Can you source anything as you have made many claims, the rich buying nursing homes, large numbers of people as young as 50 being in rest homes.

I have a leader and he is not poisoning me.

I lead myself because I can think for myself, pity that much humanity has forgotten that trait.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

They being the one eating unhealthy or not looking after themselves, or they being someone other than yourself.

Even if a gun put to someones head they still have a choice, you seem to not understand the concept of being able to choose as you please and being responsible for oneself.

Keep blaming them, you don't even know who "them" are or do you, can you list some names?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I wish people could see it how some of us who opened our eyes have

So do I

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsok
Obese, stupid, and completely disconnected from reality, as a result of a lifetime chasing the American Dream. Don't tell me I'm the only one who saw this coming.

ETA: Now that I think of it more, this is a very alarming subject. Just what are we going to do with all these people when SHTF?
edit on 2013/2/20 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

My grandfather lives in a nursing home 3.5 miles from me so I could walk over there and push him back here in a wheelchair but it wouldn't help him much if I couldn't find some insulin to stock up on.

In a longterm power outage a lot of the residents wouldn't make it past the first day or two, most of the rest would be culled by the end of the first week.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

While some people do actually have metabolic dysfunctions, the vast majority do not, and are just fat.

It's not really my wife's fault she's fat. She's an omnomnomnivore.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Nothing a little norovirus wont solve-

I have pooped 4 times today and already feel better. Prob dropped 4 lbs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join