It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sleeping Bigfoot' Footage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdogmackay
Only a #in Idiot would believe that Big Foot is Real

Only a Bigfoot would come into a thread like this and post something like that^^^, whats your agenda buddy?

I have been in the forest and had something that sounded like a mix between a Lion and a gorilla yell at me from 20 yards as loud as it could. It was a "get out of my territory now" sort of yell, and it was directed right at my head from something that was smart enough to know that I would take it personally. I don't know how to describe it to you other than to say that somehow, I could feel the sentientness in the voice. It was the scariest few minutes of my life.

Please don't call me an idiot. I was not the only witness. It was as REAL as it gets. I know every creature in that forest, as well as the calls/sounds that they make.

I am a believer, because of this as well as another encounter that I had with this animal, whatever it is, that they call Sasquatch.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Quauhtli because: ...

edit on 19-2-2013 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, I've always believed in Sasquatch. Bella Coola has many sightings and my ex husband shared every one he heard of. Some were sightings in their yards, and the residents were quite familiar with grizzlies, and had lots of encounters with this as well. The Nass river area is known for this, the Rockies. And also close to us. Lots of sightings, probably far more than were ever reported. Most people don't want notoriety.

sasquatch-pg.net...

m.theglobeandmail.com...

“The real mystery of the Sasquatch is not, does it exist or not? But why is it a scientifically taboo subject? And that is quite interesting. That’s really what I got to in the book. It became as much about the discovery process as it did about the Sasquatch.”

His book also chronicles the long history of reported sightings, dating back to the 1800s. One section deals with the pre-contact record, as seen in native carvings, including a startling mask from the Nass Valley that looks like it was modelled on the face of an ape.

Dr. Bindernagel said early anthropologists always recorded native stories about the Sasquatch as tales of a “mythical beast” not as something real.

Native story tellers, he argues, were describing something they’d seen – but they couldn’t get themselves taken seriously.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kenpos12

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think bigfoot could possibly be real but for me the video doesnt realy convince me. I hate to say but until somebody kills or captures one I don't think it will taken seriously.

Well said. That just about sums up my own thoughts on the subject of bigfoot and 'squatch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi Kandinsky,

I agree with you. To me, the breathing looks way too mechanical, and the arm looks like a rug covered sack hanging over the ribs and chest.

It honestly reminds me of a hairy version of the dummy the Ferris Bueller made in his bed to fool his mom in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, I think he used balloons.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I want to believe...

But this looks like some kind of set up

Why don't the show more footage of coming up on it and walking away and other shots?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I soooo want this to be real if for no other reason than to finally put an end to all the debate.However I smell a hoax.Or a case of mistaken ID.Would like to see the entire video.The fact that only 19 seconds was released only muddies the water more.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe it was in a Jack-Links beef jerky coma? Seriously I too feel it's a setup, a hoax. I mean it would take cahonies the size of basketballs to get that close to a Bigfoot or a Bear. I've been bear hunting and there's zero way to get that close, unless it's dead.
edit on 19-2-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looks fake to me.

Like some guy in an ape suit lying down.
Any other footage of the same case or is this all we get?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

My first impression is that the fur isn't right. By all accounts, Bigfoot hair is coarse and humanoid ( like a chimp or gorilla). The fur in the photo is FUR, it is wooly, curly, and looks like it has an undercoat and guard hairs. To me it resembles a big black dog, maybe chow hair or a Newfoundlander.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Upon looking at your post, before even playing the video, I took into account something I have seen no one mention yet.

Perspective and depth of field.

If this is a bigfoot, it is a tiny one.

First, take into account the size of the foliage in the foreground. It is easy to tell that the foliage is close enough to the thing to lend a sense of size and proportion.

If, for some reason, you find doubt with your common sense on the foreground, then look directly next to and beside, and behind the thing. The sizes of the grasses and weeds and sappling trunks all lend to put size into perspective.

It is very small, whatever it is.

Next. 6 breaths a minute is very slow, even in deepest sleep. Even the healthiest people will breathe more often. 6 breaths a minute would be alarming for any being. Time it yourself, or, watch someones' chest in the same room with you who is unaware of what you are doing, and time their breathing for one minute, or, 15 seconds and multiply by 4.

All in all, I will agree to hoax. But, I cannot believe no one has brought perspective and size into it, when it almost screams at you before you even click PLAY.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The people who released this 19 second video The Erickson Project, are the same people who funded the now famous Dr Ketchum DNA research.

Through the years the Erickson Project has collected and funded testing of a number of Sasquatch DNA samples from various geographical areas of North America at a variety of DNA labs in Canada and the United States. Even though the results of those mitochondrial tests all came back human, namely 'Eastern European' Adrian Erickson and Dennis Pfohl were convinced that the samples were from Sasquatch and not 'contaminated' by humans.

When yet another scientist related to Erickson that a different sample tested at the University of New York (one of the labs the Erickson Project had also used) also came back as 'Eastern European' the scientist dismissed it as human. At that point however, Erickson knew he was on the right track and needed to test further. He contacted and started to collaborate with Dr. Ketchum and provided her with his samples and the previous DNA results in order to continue testing. As the study expanded Erickson supplied much of the initial funding of Dr. Ketchum's study which was more in-depth and involved nuclear DNA. This study was completed after five years.
The Erickson Project is a contributor of six Sasquatch DNA samples to Dr.Ketchum's study, all from diverse areas, one of those samples was used to sequence a complete Sasquatch genome in Dr. Ketchum's study. Specific information on the role of The Erickson Project will be released when her manuscript is published; this will be posted on this website.
www.sasquatchthequest.com...

So, these people have been working together for at least 5 years and seem to be serious reputable scientists - on the other hand, they could have planned all this and are creating an elaborate hoax.. What do we know about these people and what they were doing over the last 5 years?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
My problem with the ‘thing’ in the video? Take a look at the hair/fur. Either that thing is dead - or - it’s just not ‘real’.

I mean take a look at animals in the wild. Their coats are glossy, shining, sleek and beautiful. There’s no reason to think that a ‘Big Foot’ wouldn’t be the same - nature just knows to keep clean and beautiful. The hair on the supposed Big Foot - dirty, lackluster, no gloss - no life.

That and I’ve a deep seeded hope Big Foot is never found. I don’t want such a lovey thing as Big Foot to be exploited. Ever.

Great thread though - and - Welcome Back (so to speak).

peace

I dunno.. that Bigfoot hair looks just like this hair of this mountain gorilla. blog.commonflat.com...
See the pic half way down the page with the gorilla carrying the baby.

Both these creatures have hair long enough to get matted. If you were rolling around in the woods with your long hair.. how would you look?
edit on 19-2-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The fur looks synthetic, possibly just a hoax video of a guy in a bigfoot costume?

Or it's Chaka.

Ok fun aside I would like to see the full footage.
edit on 2/19/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Years of hoaxes lead me to believe this is another trickery for a cash grab...

But I'll play devils advocate, what if it were sick? It may not have its wits about it. As for the low breaths per minute, I've had an encounter outside my tent in the Kiamichi mts of Oklahoma, the breathing was deep and slow. Felt like I was almost being taunted by it, I will wait and see. Probably BS though.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by kenpos12

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think bigfoot could possibly be real but for me the video doesnt realy convince me. I hate to say but until somebody kills or captures one I don't think it will taken seriously.

Well said. That just about sums up my own thoughts on the subject of bigfoot and 'squatch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What lovely people we are.
Talking about people, that's exactly what Dr Ketchup says of the 'Squatch/ Qashqai/Yuppy/Yeti, that they are people, only not quite like us!
So we have to capture or kill one, just to make a point. To add, I have no idea where the whacky text is coming from
edit on 19-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hmmmm......

Interesting, but I think its not real. I would assume it would be hard to sneak up on a bigfoot?

Just my take.

S&F

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Okay, I have seen the full complete video.

The 19 second clip is about 30 seconds into the video.

In the full version you actually see three other people in the video.

What happens next is pure comedy.

edit on 19-2-2013 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Im going with a large breed of dog like a Newfoundland or something.
2nd

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Depends on the age of the animal, bro.
Just a quick search on YouTube netted results of hunters walking up on sleeping deer. It probably isn't as uncommon as you'd think. And I would say if its possible to walk up on sleeping deer, its possible to walk up on sleeping Sasquatch.

That said, I will definitely reserve judgement until and if, the rest of the footage is released. And I will not hold my breath. Haha

S&F

ETA: 6 breaths per minute... wow. Big lungs. Twice our size and half the at rest breathing rate. Make no mistake, that dude would rip you apart!
edit on 19-2-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

ETA again:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
the only thing that makes me think 'HOAX' is why they have only released 19seconds?
i mean if it is the real deal then just release the full footage for f$*ks sake!

until then im going with fake

im a beleiver in the big man
but im also skeptical when only 'portions' are released

It's quite simple friend. We live in a capitalist society and everything is drawn out for maximum effect. It's sales 101. Doesn't mean it is or isn't true, just that's how we roll...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join