It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter users face prosecution for posting pictures of Jon Venables

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

At the trial it was established that at this location, one of the boys threw blue Humbrol modelling paint, which they had shoplifted earlier, into Bulger's left eye.[11] They kicked and stomped on him, and threw bricks and stones at him. Batteries were placed in Bulger's mouth.[22] Police believed some batteries may have been inserted into his anus, although none were found there.[3] Finally, a 22-pound (10.0 kg) iron bar, described in court as a railway fishplate, was dropped on him.[23][24][25] Bulger suffered ten skull fractures as a result of the iron bar striking his head. Dr. Alan Williams, the case's pathologist, stated that Bulger suffered so many injuries—42 in total—that none could be isolated as the fatal blow.[26]

Police suspected that there was a sexual element to the crime, since Bulger's shoes, socks, trousers and underpants had been removed. The pathologist's report read out in court stated that Bulger's foreskin had been forcibly retracted.[23][27] When questioned about this aspect of the attack by detectives and the child psychiatrist, Dr. Eileen Vizard, Thompson and Venables were reluctant to give details; they also vehemently denied inserting some of the batteries into Bulger's anus.[3][18][28] At his eventual parole, Venables's psychiatrist until he was aged 21, Dr. Susan Bailey, reported that "visiting and revisiting the issue with Jon as a child, and now as an adolescent, he gives no account of any sexual element to the offence."[3]

Before they left him, the boys laid Bulger across the railway tracks and weighted his head down with rubble, in the hope that a train would hit him and make his death appear to be an accident. After Bulger's killers left the scene, his body was cut in half by a train.[29] Bulger's severed body was discovered two days later, on 14 February.[7] A forensic pathologist testified that he had died before he was struck by the train.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

There is no changing psychopaths with deviant tendencies. They have brain damage and will never ever function like a normal person.

See this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Im willing to post his new pic if u guys think it will matter
Most of britains jailbirds have it already..
Along with a nice razorblade
Karmas a bitch

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insearchofthetruth1987
Im willing to post his new pic if u guys think it will matter
Most of britains jailbirds have it already..
Along with a nice razorblade
Karmas a bitch

I think that'd be a bannable offence since it would technically be illegal to post it as it violates the law, and secondly and more importantly - it might NOT be John Venables.

What if the wrong guy is beaten to death?

Vigilantism is a double-edged sword.

I agree that he's a waste of oxygen, but unless we have 100% proof, you could, by posting that picture be endangering someone completely innocent.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The picture is all over google, there is nothing they can now do to stop the spread of it.

They will have to prosecute thousands of people, from all over the world. Its the picture from pizza hut right?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

At the trial it was established that at this location, one of the boys threw blue Humbrol modelling paint, which they had shoplifted earlier, into Bulger's left eye.[11] They kicked and stomped on him, and threw bricks and stones at him. Batteries were placed in Bulger's mouth.[22] Police believed some batteries may have been inserted into his anus, although none were found there.[3] Finally, a 22-pound (10.0 kg) iron bar, described in court as a railway fishplate, was dropped on him.[23][24][25] Bulger suffered ten skull fractures as a result of the iron bar striking his head. Dr. Alan Williams, the case's pathologist, stated that Bulger suffered so many injuries—42 in total—that none could be isolated as the fatal blow.[26]

Police suspected that there was a sexual element to the crime, since Bulger's shoes, socks, trousers and underpants had been removed. The pathologist's report read out in court stated that Bulger's foreskin had been forcibly retracted.[23][27] When questioned about this aspect of the attack by detectives and the child psychiatrist, Dr. Eileen Vizard, Thompson and Venables were reluctant to give details; they also vehemently denied inserting some of the batteries into Bulger's anus.[3][18][28] At his eventual parole, Venables's psychiatrist until he was aged 21, Dr. Susan Bailey, reported that "visiting and revisiting the issue with Jon as a child, and now as an adolescent, he gives no account of any sexual element to the offence."[3]

Before they left him, the boys laid Bulger across the railway tracks and weighted his head down with rubble, in the hope that a train would hit him and make his death appear to be an accident. After Bulger's killers left the scene, his body was cut in half by a train.[29] Bulger's severed body was discovered two days later, on 14 February.[7] A forensic pathologist testified that he had died before he was struck by the train.

en.wikipedia.org...

All that after taking him from right under his mothers nose.....He was standing in the door way

of a small shop unit while his mother paid her bill. The location he was found in was about a

mile and a half away from where he was taken and it was said he cried all the long, protracted,

torturous way to his death.....premediated ??

Which hardly fits in with 'Boymonkeys' post on page two "Quote":

(anyone can do it, all of us can just snap)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Sozen94

Well we do not have the death sentence in the UK, but I think many on this board would gladly execute two 10 year olds.....
I just hope none of you do anything you regret because you do not believe in a second chance.
Iam out of this thread.

They did get a second chance

# A new identity

# A new location

# And housed

At that time they should have been told "they had been given more chance than they

had given to their 'victim' and that now they were on their own, No more chances and

no more identities

Venables is toying with the 'system' laughing up his sleeve at all of us and playing

games....because he has been enabled to by our soft legal system

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienjuggalo

Originally posted by Bronynonymous
No one deserves to die, especially for something done durring the fragile stage of adolescence. Also, vigilante justice is almost never the answer. Sorry, but I disagree with you vehemently. There is a reason why they are being protected.

Eye for an eye

I can forgive kids for almost anything,but if you beat a 5 year old to death with rocks you lose your right to live in society I dont care how old you are..

What the hell is wrong with the Uk government?

Apparently not as much as the US government.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was living in UK when that happened. I remember discussing it with a workmate and he more or less shrugged it off as 'probably just as well because the kid would have grown up to be a menace to society anyway' in reference to the victim. I was quite taken aback by that and wondered what cultural nuance I was unaware of.

As for the perps, well, I'm a Christian, so I'll let God sort it out.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Following it on Twitter, where half seem to be warning the public they will face prosecution for sharing the image and the other half blatantly posting it, I can't help but think it's just another reason TPTB will use to regulate the internet more tightly.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
Following it on Twitter, where half seem to be warning the public they will face prosecution for sharing the image and the other half blatantly posting it, I can't help but think it's just another reason TPTB will use to regulate the internet more tightly.

That reminds me of something a few days ago... CY Leung, the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, was criticised by a columnist called Joseph Lian. Leung sent Lian a solicitor's letter telling him to stop the defamatory accusations. Some anti-government politicians 'shared' the column on Facebook to get Leung to sue them as well, and before long, thousands of people had 'shared' the column.

Later, the newspaper in question issued an apology to the public, which Leung accepted (but some legal experts believe that the real reason was that the column did not constitute libel in the first place).

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

A sin is a sin. All is the same in the eyes of the lord. I won't pretend to understand you guys' morbid thought process with the whole "eye for a n eye thing", so I will just remain silent from here on. My beliefs are clearly different than yours.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I've read and re-read about this crime over the years and I remember it when it happened, as I was only 11 myself at the time - my younger brother was exactly the same age as Jamie Bulger as well - and it always makes me so sad it brings tears to my eyes as a grown man. I'd never have even considered such an act at that age and being not much older than the boys at the time I can talk from a point of relativity.

It truly sickens me, not just this crime but any against such young children. A child murdered was killed in Prison the other day in the UK - he too had abused, tortured then violently killed his partners 2 year old girl - and I felt no remorse for the sick bastard.

If I ever saw these two in the street (and I was 100% confident they were them), I would not be able to control myself. God forbid anyone should do this to my 2 year old boy - if they did and got out of prison at any time (no matter if it was 8 years or 80) I would kill them the moment they stepped out of prison. In fact, I'd probably kill them in the courtroom and happily do time for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

"Attorney General that they may face prosecution for contempt of court of a worldwide ban "

world wide ban? how does that work

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bronynonymous

EXODUS 21

# 23...If any mischief follow then thou shalt give....life for life

# 24...Eye for eye tooth for tooth hand for hand, foot for foot.

# 25...Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Attributed to Moses, who attributed it to God

And from Information supplied by Yale Law School translated by L. W. King

'Quote'

# 196...If a man put out the eye of another...his eye shall be put out

# 197...if he breaks another mans bone...his bone shall be broken

# 198...if he puts out the eye of a free man or break the bone of a free man...he shall pay

one gold mina.

# 199...if he put out the eye of a mans slave or break the bone of a mans slave...he shall

pay one half of it's value

# 200...if a man knock out the teeth of his equal...his teeth shall be knocked out

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Cases like these should be left to fate and nature. Simple.

After these little sh!t rats were released from prison there should be zero protection offered for them from the law.

Sink or swim. PERIOD.

AND. If they are to be dispatched by those seeking retribution then those who have taken such actions should be held accountable for whatever crimes they have committed. But they should no longer be guarded by the law.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Isn't Exodus 21 about financial compensation for bodily injury, i.e. blood price rather than a literal piece of instruction on how to deal with someone who puts your eye out?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I don't really know ?
I suppose it's all down to individual interpretation.

I myself am not religious, but I did have religious education at school and formed my

own opinions and morals of how to live my life...with one of the basics being 'do unto others

as you would they should do unto you'

Therefor it follows that I believe that any person who cut's short the life from one who's life

has barely begun surely deserves to forfeit the remainder of theirs.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Don't you think each case should be judged on its own value, considering all aspects of the issue before a conclusion is reached? Do you honestly believe in absolutes or black and white interpretations of whether or not somebody should be allowed to live?

Oh also, who kills the killer? Does that make the executioner a killer? Who executes the executioner then? And so on.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

You have led me down a sick sick path of serial killers in the UK my friend. My spouse is also going to question my browsing history now.....

Pertaining to the thread, I think what these kids did was sick. With that said, a child that age is not fully develop and if pretty much at the same level mentally as a sociopath.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join