It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnecessary Police Brutality Caught on Camera in Florida as Man Surrenders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

It doesn't matter how many lives he put in danger. We don't have an 'after the crime' police force. We're supposed to have a professionally trained 'deal with it now' police force. If they can't control their emotions, even after a crime is committed then what the HELL are they doing in uniform?

You don't see a nurse stabbing people with a needle because they refused to eat their dinner. Police have NO RIGHT to punch anyone. Unless they're punched first. When there's more than 3 of them they shouldn't even hit you. They have no need to. They're doing what every street level thug does, venting their working class anger at all the wrong people.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've seen this many times...

Protecting yourself from violent attack becomes "resisting arrest."

If you get punched in the face and stomach your first instinct is NOT to lie still and
place your hands behind your back...in fact that would be nearly impossible.

LEO's wanting to exact some "instant justice" know this.

This tape shows them putting it into action.

When the smoke clears the tape will show the perp resisting....and the police will be exonerated

edit on 14-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Did you not see the video?

Yes, I did watch it several times.

You can clearly see that Mateo is resisting being cuffed by the first officer, as well as the second. He probably could have avoided being a punching bag if he simply put his hands behind his back.

I mean, I'm no fan of unjustified police brutality, but I'm not sure I see it in this particular case.

Personally, I am sick and tired of constantly coming across numerous acts of police brutality on innocent people who are undeserving of their punishment

I'm not sure I'd call someone leading cops on a chase at speeds over 100 mph "innocent" either.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I mean, I'm no fan of unjustified police brutality, but I'm not sure I see it in this particular case.

You do not consider punches and kicks to the head to be police brutality

I'm not sure I'd call someone leading cops on a chase at speeds over 100 mph "innocent" either.

I never implied that he was completely innocent, just that he did not deserve the treatment that he received from these thugs with a badge.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about, and you should get educated before you comment on something you know little about.

Apparently, you are too biased to make a rational analysis of the video and police report.

They were telling poor ole Mateo to get on the ground over the loudspeaker and also when the first cop was running at him.

Mistake #1: Mateo chose rather to stay standing up, so... the cop hit him in the chest and knocked him to the ground.

Then, the cop tried to cuff him, and (mistake #2) he fought with the cop instead.

So, second cop comes in and throws a few punches.

Eventually, he gets overwhelmed by cops and tased.

This was a series of poor choices by the "victim".

In any case, he'll get a chance for an unbiased jury to hear the whole story in his civil suit.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I know a few cops. I know a few who quit the police force too. They quit because of the video camera in their car. In the good ole days there were no video cameras in cruisers. If you got pulled over the cop would size you up and decide if you were going to get a break, a ticket or go to jail. It was up to his judgement. Today they have no choice but to ticket you even if it is your brother you pulled over. It may sound odd but the reality is that there is a huge turnover for those jobs. They will pretty much take anybody.

Also in the good ole days, we used to ride souped up motorcycles. The cops loved to chase us. One friend would call the police station and report a motorcycle speeding, then jump on his bike and head to the specified location until he saw the cruiser. The chase was on! He would head out to the country and lose them. The cops enjoyed it.
They knew exactly who it was but never said anything. My how the world has changed.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You do not consider punches and kicks to the head to be police brutality

I think you missed the "unjustified" part.

The circumstances determine whether it's brutality or justified force.

If you think that cops are never allowed to throw a punch, then that explains how you feel about the video.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I know a few cops. I know a few who quit the police force too. They quit because of the video camera in their car. In the good ole days there were no video cameras in cruisers. If you got pulled over the cop would size you up and decide if you were going to get a break, a ticket or go to jail. It was up to his judgement. Today they have no choice but to ticket you even if it is your brother you pulled over. It may sound odd but the reality is that there is a huge turnover for those jobs. They will pretty much take anybody.

not to be a jerk, but boo-friggin-hoo. They quit because they were held accountable for their actions, and for doing their job? Good riddance. If a cop is afraid of a video cam, he certainly shouldnt be a cop.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey.. come on now.. they used the magic words "Stop resisting". As long as a police officer uses those two words.. then there is no wrong doing here.

I think the next time someone pisses me off I'm gonna go beat the crap out of em and yell "STOP RESISTING"... hey.. maybe it'll work for me too.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You say that, but if you were to have to take a family member to jail it can make your life pure hell. Even if it is a cousin.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You say that, but if you were to have to take a family member to jail it can make your life pure hell. Even if it is a cousin.

You want me to have sympathy because they arent allowed to show special treatment? Again, boo-friggin-hoo. Favoritism, special treatment, nepotism....none have a place in the world of law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I see brutality ...

Sure he was running from the police once the pursuit is over, it is over ... It is not the job of the police to dish out justice to this man, their job was to cuff him put him in the car and take him to jail to be judged by a judge. PERIOD.

Once he got off his bike, I heard different conflicting "orders" Get on the ground, hands above your head etc.

He appeared to think he had glasses on and try remove them with his right hand his other hand in a normal position, hardly the actions of someone going for a weapon.

He then raised his arms once he seen the cop running at him at mach 4, course he didn't know a throat punch/tackle was coming.

Then he threatened to kill him ... really ?

Past there was a bunch of punching and screaming ... let me punch you in the face and stomach while your laying on the ground and see how well you can put/keep your hands behind your back.

All I see are defensive maneuvers by a victim getting beat up by the police ...
edit on 14-2-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

The first hit is a clear case of police brutality.
It gets a little murky on the ground though.
not sure if he can't move cuz he's being tasered or not.

There's no "murky" anywhere on the vid. He was beaten initially, and the beating/tazing continued on the ground. This appears to be a favorite police game from testimony and video evidence.

These are armed thugs .... and they deserve to be treated as such. Of course, if there is any investigation at all, it'll all be whitewashed/dropped/forgotten. Adding insult to injuryu, the perps might even get a paid vacation.

I would not stop to render aid to one of these dirtbags if they were bleeding out in a ditch.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I really cant wait til marshall law is declared.

I have much demonic rage to work through

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Again this thread proves nicely that even if police are caught burning kittens there will always be someone there to defend them. You never know what weapons those little furs could hide

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

The first hit is a clear case of police brutality.
It gets a little murky on the ground though.
not sure if he can't move cuz he's being tasered or not.

In any case when that happens to you. Just lay there limply, take a beating and DO NOT RESIST.
In cases like this where there is clear evidence of brutality.
Your complete compliance will result in a nice multimillion dollar settlement.
We The People Have Laid There WIMPLY Way 2 Long.
That's Why This Crap Is Happening.
Thank Our GOVERNMENT for our Wonderful World Of Authority.
Lucky guy.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I think you missed the "unjustified" part.

With all due respect your reasons for this being "justified" are weak.

I also believe your perception of the incident to be flawed as well.

As other members have mentioned, when you have multiple people beating on you it's kind of hard to stay still and comply. I have been jumped (not by police) and my first instinct was to fight back (this person in the video did not fight back) once I realized my attempts to fight back were futile I "turtled" and did the best to protect my head and face which is what this person was doing.

These officers used unjustified excessive force, there is no justification for it in this incident.

If this suspect were to kick or punch a police officer in the head would you consider it to be assaulting an officer of the law? If so, logic should dictate that you would understand that the tables are turned and these officers assaulted this civilian which with no doubt in my mind falls under the description of unjustified police brutality.

Our opinions on this incident obviously differ but I felt obligated to point out a couple flaws in your logic, feel free to point out any flaws in my logic if you find any.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I agree, full armour when riding your bike. However, might not be a smart move to try and outrun the police. Methinks it gets their dander up and it seems they don't like runners, maybe if you lay on top of their hood where the camera can catch every thing, you might have a chance at the Brutality angle or not. Moral is , if you don't want you butt whooped by the police, don't run, Don't resist seems to be their escape clause.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I hope, people would understand the word "Excessive".

Thanks for posting CE

edit on 14-2-2013 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Hear, hear! Another actual American - not some person who believes that due process and whatnot is a case of picking and choosing when you feel like it!

Bravo!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join