It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello, this is my first post on ATS.
Sorry from my english, i'm from italy.
Here a picture about a lighting that hited saint peter church today
Really curious.
The picture is from the official state press agency ANSA.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The dark wants one last dance before they go and they will put on quite the performance. Let's not participate in their dramas as they die out.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes, but imho, and according to my own spiritual discernment, the Roman Catholic Church of modern times i.e. through the 20th century to the present, has been used or utilized for ulterior motives and a hidden agenda, to actually contain Christ and to bracket him, while allowing, via all manner of corruption, a permissive framework of evil to hold sway, and if some reports are to believed, active engagement in ritualized evil at the highest levels of the church hierarchy which may very well have been responsible in no small degree for the massive global phenomenon of child sex abuse.

Thus, to witness the rolling of the head (even voluntarily as a self decapitation), is not unlike the rolling of the stone by which the spirit of Christ is Liberated, set free to freely reign and to come and go without constraint or hindrance, set free for the sake of freedom that we might also come to freely love one another as we are loved

In such a framework Christ himself is then free to re-enter the church, you see, and so it's a wise act of courage on his part, to say, in effect, forgive me, it's back over to Christ who won the war whereby love conquors all.

This is about the person of Joseph Ratzinger (Benedict), not in the least, that's not the witch I'm referring to, but to something else much more fundamental, enough to persuade me that the Catholic Church is no longer at odds with itself, no longer a house divided, and thus the kind of place that anyone can feel free to freely enter and to come and go - it's like the doors flung open - to cheers and celebration.

I admire his act of courage and I pray for him, and ask him for his prayers too! Serious.

So it's not that you thought, my joyful celebration as a Christian of deep faith and personal experience.

It's a good day for the sake of the real and authentic church of Jesus Christ who is the body of all believers, and even unbelievers too (regardless of what they might believe). It's a day of spiritual liberation for none other than the spirit of Christ himself, imho.

Best Regards and God Bless,

NAM
ATS, February 11th, 2013.

So what you are saying is that you think it is a positive step for the Church and that his letting go will help bring her back to what she should be? Okay, I can swing with that. I had assumed it was yet another round of tasteless Catholic bashing. My apologies. Carry on.

Thank you.

Yes, I think it's a great day for the church, like having it's doors flung open and the spirit of Christ liberated to freely come and go.

Synchronistically, after I made that post, a friend of mine who's family are devout Catholics came by to visit me, and nearby we went to a small inner city park in Vancouver which happens to be across from the Holy Rosary Cathedral, and lo and behold they opened the front doors for a while, and you know what I was thinking..

Here's a nice image I came across of the front door of that same Church.

Monday, February 11th, 2013.

It makes me very happy as a Christian.

He did the right thing.

I sure hope my interpretation is right... and why not.

I will pray with him, for him and for the whole church, while celebrating what got knocked off.

This was a self inflicted decapitation for the sake of the goodness and love and power of Jesus Christ, which is a very good thing in my books making this a day of great triumph.

Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 via Twitter
Benedict XVI ‏@Pontifex

We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ

Hurrah!

edit on 11-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Problems with these things are people are quick to blame the person while they should be blaming the system which created the position. Now this person will go but who knows who comes next?

In response to the joke about the dark force above, you can only have an Emporer which uses 1% of the dark force and a lot of people are happy (but a few very miserable) or you can have an Emporer which uses 99% of the dark force which will make a lot of people miserable, but a few happy.

And so it is and always has been with humans, in all systems, like the power structures in society and the losers and winners, so in religion it has it's losers and winners. But anyhow best of luck making it to heaven to the pope.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I just don't think it is anything conspiracy related. He is 85, in ill health and that is deteriorating rapidly. He has to make speeches, travel everywhere, face the media and now he has new technology to get the hang of (did anyone see the pic of him trying to work out Twitter?). On top of that, he has lived through the worst war in human history and in an age where we have made more progress and the world has changed more than at any other point in human history. In short, he is old and tired and ill. I really don't blame for saying "sod it". Time to settle down and just enjoy however long he has left.

The previous Pope spent his last years in poor health and he also lived through the worst war in human history.....but he remained in office until he died, I'm sure that a great many of the Popes over the last 600 years also experienced poor health in their latter years, and I'll bet a great many of them witnessed human atrocities far worse than any of the modern popes.......but they all remained in office until they died.

In short, popes aren't usually known for saying "sod it" and jacking the job in, hence this being the first in 600 years to do so.

Conspiracy or no conspiracy, this is big news and it does have some elements of mystery about it, for instance I wonder why he didn't discuss his resignation with any of his cardinals first? reports on the news tonight claiming his resignation was totally unexpected and the cardinals present were absolutely stunned.

Totally unrelated I'm sure, but I've always believed that some of mankind's biggest conspiracies and secrets are hidden within the Vatican.
edit on 11/2/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Quote of the day,

It's a shame all the washed up politicians in DC don't do the same.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I doubt it is the guy fawkes mask because I see a unibrow in there.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by COINOP
There are a few that are in the running. As I replied in another post, he will probably be from Italy.
Examine their coat of arms

You see a face in there? A couple more raise suspicion, from their literary works on moving the church forward.
Check itcardinals

If you squint your eyes, you can see a face in the Papal ensign.

It looks like the Anonymous Guy Fawkes face.

Are you suggesting that the next Pope will be a member of Anonymous?

Looks more like Darth Vader to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
For the sake of transparency and honesty, I'm not a Catholic, nor am I a Christian at all. But I will say this, the guy has always given me the creeps, and I've always felt that he was up to no good. And Pope John Paul II gave off a very positive vibe, he seemed to emanate goodness ( and yes, that's just my base instinctual reation to him, nothing more ). This guy ( Benedict ) was a Nazi Youth, and I always wondered how the Catholics could stomach having their flesh and blood representative of Christ on earth be a guy who had once uttered the words, "Hiel Hitler!", and swearing his allegience to the Third Reich.
I hope that this is good news for Catholics, and the World.

There, how's that for a self-avowed Heretic?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
True Catholic pulls out early

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
Maybe the illuminists told him to resign.

Then he resigned. Like planned.

i think you're close to the truth!

its more likely to be for a definite reason other than frailty. the elitists plans are experiencing some difficulty with the present pope so they may have made him an offer, resign or die. after all, the top elite are running everything!! why should they not run the popes life and influences. or the pope IS part of the criminal elite.

I just read (in Dutch) that the Bilderberg group had an unexpected meeting recently. In Rome no less!
I'll see if I can find a reliable (English) source.

Edit:
Found this: Convened in Rome?

edit on 11-2-2013 by z00mster because: Added link

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 11-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that some reports say that last pope prophecy was in fact added later

much later

which means it was invented

or perhaps the latter addition claim is bogus to calm down the people

How do you trust this particular thing, other prophecies and facts are much clearer

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theoria77

sign of the times

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have read through about 3/4 of this thread, and with the slight risk of redundancy I would like to point out that Easter falls upon March 31 this year...

That is what strikes me as peculiar...I would have said the same thing if it was nearing Christmas...for obvious reasons.

Soooo close...ya figure he could at least eek out one more...now the scramble to have the new pope by Easter...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Who will take his place?

It will have to be one of the Kardashians, surely...

My guess is Obama

Come on now!

EVERYONE knows its the "global warming" that "Bush" created. So in the end, blame Bush! Everyone else does!,,,
::

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

How Dare you speak that way about the Holy Father

nah

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am not Catholic. But this news affects the entire World. I am not sure who added the 112 Pope. I only ever heard of the 111. More than anything I would love to know the Third prophesy of Fatima. That is more important than ET. In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
WHOA

it just occurred to me

Pope just recently admitted that Jesus was not born on Dec 25 but week or 2 later like they claim in Orthodox (Russian) Christianity. This is out of Character

What if this Pope figured out things are beyond repair, and is leaving the sinking ship.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
The world will accept the resignation of Pope "Hitler Youth" Benedict immediately if you agree to melt all your gold for giving unto the poor, start actually paying taxes like the rest of us, and agree to publicly execute/castrate pedophile priests. That's a start.

Ah the old recycled arguments about the Pope and the Church.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join