It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Leader quits

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
circle jerk?

People are offering their opinions. you just dont seem to like hearing atheist opinions.

I agree actually - I'd love to do a symbolic logic translation of the bible... lol

Opinions are fine but why do they have to be "atheist" opinions?

My problem is that many atheists have to constantly inject atheism into every topic of discussion.

Fundamentalist christians do the same thing.

Pot and the kettle methinks.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Anyone else think that the Westboro Baptist church provokes too much hate for their existence to be a coincidence? They sound like a hate-mongering bunch of wannabe conservatives who are out to slaughter the name of Christianity, and turn many people AWAY from God with their gross and hateful ways, and they are succeeding. Very much.

Remember to look at this objectively, people. If something strikes you emotionally, like the Westboro Baptist church, or the crying children standing next to Obama on the news when he talks about gun control... chances are, you're being duped, used, or possibly lied to.

The powers that be count on that emotional reaction. They want many of use to rise up against each other in political, religious, racial, sexist ways. Divide and conquer.

Not saying the Westboro Baptist church was CREATED by the powers that be... but they certainly are being exploited by them. Just like Sandy Hook.

God is the # 1 thing that gives people hope and motivation. So, to spread hateful Christianity around the world, thus ruining God's name even more, many people turn away from God.

They break us down. No motivation, no hope, no unity, no morals, no nothing.

They want us to be empty nothingness, so that we may be molded into what they want.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
in todays modern world there has been no greater force that goes against the kingdom of God any moreso than the wbc. having experienced them first hand and seeing the destruction they cause in the name of God is more sickening than anything else. im very glad to hear of this news, but still much work remains to be done, starting with the fact that everything they teach is false and not of the true loving God. for those who do not know better, this group is more along the lines of the church of satan than it is of God.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Translation:

Opinions are fine as long as they are not atheist opinions.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Byrd

Anyone else think that the Westboro Baptist church provokes too much hate for their existence to be a coincidence? They sound like a hate-mongering bunch of wannabe conservatives who are out to slaughter the name of Christianity, and turn many people AWAY from God with their gross and hateful ways, and they are succeeding. Very much.

Remember to look at this objectively, people. If something strikes you emotionally, like the Westboro Baptist church, or the crying children standing next to Obama on the news when he talks about gun control... chances are, you're being duped, used, or possibly lied to.

The powers that be count on that emotional reaction. They want many of use to rise up against each other in political, religious, racial, sexist ways. Divide and conquer.

Not saying the Westboro Baptist church was CREATED by the powers that be... but they certainly are being exploited by them. Just like Sandy Hook.

God is the # 1 thing that gives people hope and motivation. So, to spread hateful Christianity around the world, thus ruining God's name even more, many people turn away from God.

They want us to be empty nothingness, so that we may be molded into what they want.

You sir, are 100% correct. This is why atheism is so prevalent nowdays. The MSM and hollywood try to sell it like it's cool and hip and fashionable to hate christians and they constantly try to paint christians in a negative light. People like the WBC are a vast minority when it comes to christians as a whole.

Notice how atheists rarely trash muslims or hindus, eventhough they represent huge numbers of the world's population and some of their beliefs could be considered just as nonsensical as some christian beliefs.

Why? because the MSM and hollywood isnt telling you to hate those religions they are telling you to hate christians and all you have to do is spend some time on the internet or watch tv for a few hours to have the anti-christian propaganda shoved in your face.

Why not just live and let live? What's wrong with that? Why do people feel the need to prove each other wrong all the time???

...And yes, I am a christian and if you're not, that's just fine by me.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Nicks87

Translation:

No. Atheist opinions are fine just as long as you dont inject your atheist beliefs (or non-beliefs?) into every topic of discussion because by doing so you sound just as bad as a fanatical fundamentalist christian.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I've been researching Numerology lately and noticed her age was 27. I'm 27 myself. I can tell you for a fact that when I turned 27, my already naturally strong intuition sharpened further. It's rather indescribable.

There is the notorious "27 Club" of musicians and public figures that have died at that age. It can also be an "astrological crossroad"...

astrologically, the years that span ages 27 and 28 are an important astrological crossroads.  There is certainly a kind of mojo working around that time, full of trials, and tests and urgings. But the thing is, it doesn’t just happen to rock stars and celebs.  It happens to all of us at around age 27. It’s a famous astrological threshold that all must cross.

Source

It's quite possible that Megan "awoke" from the madness? Just my observation.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

This is why atheism is so prevalent nowdays.

Atheism is prevalent nowadays because the stranglehold of religion and other archaic practices have less stranglehold on the people!

Because the noose around the neck is less tight. There is room to breathe. More breath to the brain means more energy for independent thought!

Notice how atheists rarely trash muslims or hindus, eventhough they represent huge numbers of the world's population and some of their beliefs could be considered just as nonsensical as some christian beliefs.

They are just as bad and nonsensical. Also, Christians represent the "hugest" number. Look it up
I dislike them all.

Here is one of the more famous modern atheists "trashing" Islam. Christopher Hitchens. I hope you know who he is. I present to you a debate from him against Islam that lasts almost 2 hours.

Why not just live and let live? What's wrong with that?

If you think religion embodies the "live and let live" philosophy then you my friend are wilfully ignorant.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

No. Atheist opinions are fine just as long as you dont inject your atheist beliefs

As long as we don't "inject" our beliefs?? lol. What does inject mean but add?.....

Any hoot!

This is a thread about religion dude. About religion. Atheism is about religion too! How on Earth is the atheist opinion not pertinent and necessary here??

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by Byrd

You sir, are 100% correct. This is why atheism is so prevalent nowdays. The MSM and hollywood try to sell it like it's cool and hip and fashionable to hate christians and they constantly try to paint christians in a negative light. People like the WBC are a vast minority when it comes to christians as a whole.

Why? because the MSM and hollywood isnt telling you to hate those religions they are telling you to hate christians and all you have to do is spend some time on the internet or watch tv for a few hours to have the anti-christian propaganda shoved in your face.

Why not just live and let live? What's wrong with that? Why do people feel the need to prove each other wrong all the time???

...And yes, I am a christian and if you're not, that's just fine by me.

Entirely right. Divide and Conquer!

I'm a girl, by the way.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

Translation:

Come on....you cherry picked that Lucid as the rest of the post you quoted from pointed out that the extreme of the opposite does the same thing.

Simple put, why can't opinions be just that, opinions? Why label them atheist or Christian or Buddhist? They are from that perspective I understand, but I am sure even the lowest of intelligence here on ATS can figure out what angle someone is coming from.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Lol scheissen... and wt exactly are non sensical Christian beliefs unless you
are refering to something outside of the Bible

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of "dividing" between atheists and believers.

Come on, guys... don't fight. That's what they want.

If atheists and believers can both agree that, generally, good is better than evil, then you have some common ground.

So, you have a basis for having something in common. Run with that.

The more attention the Westboro Baptist church gets, the more we play into the powers' hands.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Come on....you cherry picked that Lucid

I don't feel I did at all. I isolated it because I felt the points were distinctly separate. Please explain how I did so.

Simple put, why can't opinions be just that, opinions?

Oh was this his point? Not what I read...

Well then. Can opinions just be opinions?

Well yes they can, and they should. Are you sure that's what said religious person truly means to posit?? Opinion?

Why label them atheist or Christian or Buddhist?

Atheist label themselves atheists. Christians label themselves Christians. Buddhists label themselves Buddhists.

My god....why are you asking this of me as if I was the first to do so!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I am just overall curious here (and another poster alluded to); it is okay to hate so long as the majority of us hate the same thing? We despise WBC because of how they act and condemn them for their actions? Am I getting this right?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I don't feel I did at all. I isolated it because I felt the points were distinctly separate. Please explain how I did so.

You can read it how you wish, I am chiming in that I think you comprehended the premise of that poster's points to fit how you wanted to see it. I am fine with agreeing to disagree on this but,

Nicks stated:

My problem is that many atheists have to constantly inject atheism into every topic of discussion.
Fundamentalist christians do the same thing.
Pot and the kettle methinks.

Emphasis is mine but makes the point for both sides of the coin. You only see what you want to see on this.

Well then. Can opinions just be opinions?

Absolutely and I countered yours. It is great to freely do so no?

Well yes they can, and they should. Are you sure that's what said religious person truly means to posit?? Opinion?

From that person's one post (and it was all I read after I saw your response), I wouldn't have guessed them as a "religious" person. I gathered it was a general call of stopping the labeling nonsense of atheist this and Christian that and actually discuss the issue.

Atheist label themselves atheists. Christians label themselves Christians. Buddhists label themselves Buddhists.

My god....why are you asking this of me as if I was the first to do so!

I made no reference onto how they, the posters, label themselves. I was a call to when they express their opinions, unless context permits, such labels really have no place except to tug on the emotional side of an argument. In this case, the several people who have used this Church's stance to state it is why Atheism is compelling. That statement has nothing to do with this young lady leaving the church.
edit on 10-2-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Nicks87

No. Atheist opinions are fine just as long as you dont inject your atheist beliefs

As long as we don't "inject" our beliefs?? lol. What does inject mean but add?.....

Any hoot!

This is a thread about religion dude. About religion. Atheism is about religion too! How on Earth is the atheist opinion not pertinent and necessary here??

I like how you just pick out bits and pieces of my comments and attack them.

Typical atheist logic.

The only way you guys can win an argument is to take things out of context.

... and why so angry and defensive? I'm not attacking you directly.

Maybe you are just standing up for your beliefs (or non-beliefs?)

But isnt that what the WBC was doing? Just standing up for their beliefs. I guess it's ok when atheists do it but when christians do it's wrong. You guys love the 1st amendment until it protects people you dont agree with.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

From that person's one post (and it was all I read after I saw your response), I wouldn't have guessed them as a "religious" person. I gathered it was a general call of stopping the labeling nonsense of atheist this and Christian that and actually discuss the issue.

Well the signs were there.....

Any hoot. This isn't our first thread together. We have post history. So no I was not guessing. This member is both religious and Christian. And now I hope you think better of me.

As for the rest of your post. Give me some time my friend. I will reply in a bit.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted in the thread but I don't have the patience to read through 6 pages. Being from Kansas & still having much family residing there the rumor is that Fred Phelps passed away about a year ago & was buried in a hush hush funeral but the family kept that info quiet out of fear that his funeral would be picketed by protesters - ironic huh? This came from the son of my ex-husband. The boy attends school in Topeka with the grandkids or great grandkids of Phelps (I don't recall which my ex said, grandkids or great grandkids).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

No.... God has set commandments, and ways of behavior. Disregarding those commandments will ultimately lead to receiving 'justice' God will not be mocked. Those incidents where nations were dealt with by the hand of God are most usually referred to in Samuel, Kings and Chronicles of the Old Testament. But unless you read them, you can just keep spouting those thoughts which 'you' believe to be true. Unfortunately I'm not an adept Theologian. Nor am I an adept debate enthusiast. I find most comments of 'God' being ruthless and wiping out whole nations etc, etc, are based on very little knowledge beyond parroting someone else's inaccurate belief.
But this isn't the issue is it...! the issue is this woman coming to her senses and taking responsibility for her public displays of intolerance.

Shame and Guilt is the result from her type of behavior. And in most of us not afflicted with Sociopathic traits, the likely consequence of these type of actions.
It's just an example of the progression of our societal moral decay, and the words and mouth of a fool.
There's no doubt she has been despicable towards innocent others, and that she has also held an Orthodox view. That in itself is the most difficult of all choices. Were talking Old Testament doctrine and scripture. Where as in New Testament, the primary commandment from which all others flow is 'Love your neighbor as yourself', thus it overrides Orthodoxy's letter of the law.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join